Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The New Mutants  (Read 598 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« on: January 08, 2020, 07:50:40 PM »

Finally. Took a while

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vJhUAOFpI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vJhUAOFpI</a>

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 11:24:16 PM »

The very first graphic novel I ever bought was “The New Mutants,” and I bought it the day or two after it arrived in the specialty comic shop in my town.  I’m not sure I got the same feeling of darkness and horror from the printed version (fancy high-gloss, black-background paper notwithstanding) that comes through in the trailers.

Maybe I should re-read this one before the movie is released, to get me refreshed on all the characters and the plot.  I just have to figure out which of the 13 long-boxes it’s in, and then not get distracted by all the other wonderful memories I’ll find in the mix.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »

This series was slated to arrive back in 2018 with it's first trailer that arrived in 2017. Just keep in mind that this is one of the last if not THE last film that Fox made before Disney's acquisition. I happen to look forward to it since I've been waiting two years since the original trailer released (see below)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu9e410C__I" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu9e410C__I</a>

Unfortunately, two big scheduling changes in early 2018 lead to New Mutants getting pushing back twice by the studio by the time early April rolled around. First, the film was pushed to February 22, 2019. Then, a couple of months later, the horror-themed superhero film was delayed again, this time until August 2019. The 1990s-set X-Men: Dark Phoenix was also moved into 2019, meaning that the only X-movie fans will see in 2018 will be David Leitch's Deadpool 2.

While an August debut might seem a bit late to capture the attention of comic book movie fans, let's remember that Guardians of the Galaxy hits screens on August 1, 2014, and matching the success of that film would certainly be considered a big win for The New Mutants.

There were a lot of re-shoots that were needed to make the film better before it was released. I've head that the bosses at Fox watched a screening of it and wanted it to be scarier than it was.

Then in early 2018 it was announced it would be delayed for reshoots that apparently never happened. While The New Mutants was then slated to be released in August 2019, the aforementioned reshoots were stalled for reasons that are still not public though many have speculated the Fox-Disney merger further confused things for this movie. Upon the finalization of that acquisition, Disney has announced they would still theatrically release New Mutants... in 2020 and almost two years to the date of its original release window.

But they never happened and the movie being released this year is believed to be the same film that was ready to go two years ago.

The New Mutants Cast

Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch, Split) will play Magik (sister of Colossus) and Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones) will play mutant werewolf Wolfsbane. Charlie Heaton (Stranger Things) plays Sam "Cannonball" Guthrie in the film. Blu Hunt (The Originals) has the key role of Danielle Moonstar, a character with telepathic abilities. This is a key role in the "Demon Bear Saga" that the movie is loosely adapting. Henry Zaga (13 Reasons Why) is Sunspot.

Meanwhile Alice Braga (Queen of the South) will take over the role of Dr. Cecilia Reyes from the previously cast Rosario Dawson. Reyes is a character from Marvel’s X-Men comic book mythos (first appearing in X-Men #65 in 1997) who is not only a mutant, gifted with the ability to create a “psioplasmic bio-field” to protect her body from harm, but serves as a trauma surgeon and sometime-mentor to the younger residents of Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, namely the New Mutants team.

The New Mutants is set to release on April 3rd of this year. Here's to hoping that there will be no further delay this time around but I'm optimistic since the merger has completed and the confusion has died down Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: