Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Issues with new Dark Prophecy V3 Premium Sound (SRD with Silver FoC)  (Read 1240 times)
N9neRhymes
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 29

« on: January 09, 2020, 01:10:38 AM »

Hi everyone. I finally received my long awaited Ultrasaber, but I seem to be encountering some technical issues, and would appreciate some feedback. For context, this was just unboxed last night.

This first video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc98L3d4v6w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc98L3d4v6w</a>

was taken just after the un-boxing. Without me pressing the AV switch, the Adegan Silver LED can be seen even though that is supposed to be the flash on clash color. The primary color is Sun Riders Destiny.) It stayed illuminated even after pressing the AV switch to turn the saber on, and then shortly after turns off. From there I am unable to power it back on, which leads me to the 2nd video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH2fWzTP4YY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH2fWzTP4YY</a>

This one was taken the following morning. I let my L-ion batteries charge overnight because I figured maybe they were dead. The saber successfully turned on and illuminated the proper color, but as soon as I went to put the battery pack back into the hilt, it turns off completely. I can't say that I'm pushing it too far in though because my pommel doesn't even have enough room for it to thread in. As soon as it gets far enough to thread, then the saber turns off.

I have contacted Marlena and sent these videos and information to her, but I figured I would check in with the forums as well. Removing and re-seating the left battery seems to "reset" the saber and get it working again, but only until I go to put the batteries back in.

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod Wink
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:30:04 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 04:24:59 AM »

First guess is to check the battery pack to make sure the connections are solid and the pack itself isn't cracked or bent outwards from the ends of the batteries. I'd tightly wrap the battery pack lengthwise in electrical tape just to make sure (and when I say "I'd tightly wrap the battery pack" I mean "The second thing I do after turning a new saber on and off when it arrives is slide the battery pack out and wrap it as tightly as possible in electrical tape."). And before anyone says anything about the hassle of having to remove the tape to take the batteries out, this is why 8 of my 12 sabers have recharge ports on them.

My second guess is a loose wire somewhere that's being moved just enough when you put the battery pack in to disconnect it from where it's supposed to be. You can see if you see anything that's loose or not connected, but I personally wouldn't mess with it too much without hearing what US has to say.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

N9neRhymes
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 09:47:29 PM »

Thanks for the reply. The battery pack appears to be in order. There are no visible bends, cracks, or other deformities. I made sure the batteries themselves were fastened properly, and then I took electrical tape  around it like you suggested. Honestly I liked the Aesthetic look of the black tape because my saber is all black as well  Cheesy but unfortunately it didn’t resolve the issue. At the time 60-70 extra dollars seemed like a lot to add a recharge port, but now that I have my first saber, that price is worth the peace of mind I would get from not having to ever mess with the internals. Lesson learned. Maybe I’ll ask them If they can add one, assuming I’m required to send the saber back.

I wouldn’t dare try and tamper with any wiring, so I’ll wait for someone from US to get back to me before doing anything else. Right now it’s sitting in its display case. It still looks beautiful, I just wish I could use it lol.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 01:52:00 PM »

It might be a faulty wire that shorts out the saber. Contacting Marlena was definitely the right way!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

N9neRhymes
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 02:34:46 AM »

Hi again. So I was fiddling around with the saber one last time and by some miracle I was able to get it to stay on. It really doesn’t even make sense how it happened honestly. I popped the pommel off and when I went to pull one of the batteries out, my finger slipped, so the battery terminal halfway started to come out, but then popped right back in the same spot. Well this somehow kept it on and I got the battery pack in with the pommel on. I swung it around a few times for good measure and it seemed ok, but I have no idea if it will turn off again.

At any rate, while I was using it, I kept hearing a clicking sound which I though might have been the blade squeaking because the retention screws needed tightening. Tightened the blade and kept hearing the noise, So I removed it completely. That’s when I realized that it seems to be coming from the speaker, and that relatively gentle movement of the saber produces it

https://youtu.be/q11SChdXWoo

I just emailed this new information to Marlena today, however I still haven’t heard back from her my original email. Does anyone have any experience with defective sabers? I’ve heard ultrasabers takes good care of it’s customers so I’m hopeful this can all get resolved, it’s just really frustrating having to go through this is procress.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »

I think they're still working on their backlog of emails and orders, so it might take some time until they can come back at you...I can understand the frustration, but UltraSabers will take care of the problems.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

N9neRhymes
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 09:27:10 PM »

I definitely understand the insane workload they’re under. Thanks for the reassurance. I’ll sit tight and wait to hear from them!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 09:30:32 PM »

Congrats on your sabers!  Love the Dark Prophecy with the SRD blade!

N9neRhymes
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 04:35:25 PM »

Thanks Infinit. It sure is a beauty! I was debating going for Blazing Red to fit the theme of the Darkside hilt, but I don't really consider myself to be a Sith so I just couldn't do it. I ended up choosing SRD combo because it speaks to me as "Let's look for a peaceful ways to settle our differences; However, know there is no fear should we fail to find one."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: