Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: About ultrasabers models  (Read 2900 times)
Grayfox81
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 11, 2020, 02:08:34 AM »

Hi guys.

I want to order a lightsaber from ultrasabers. I'd like to get a dual bladed lightsaber but I'm not sure the recommended dimensions, specially for the blade, 32" or 36"? I ask because I will use it mainly for duel in a grpup, as a staff, and sometimes as a single saber to take advantage of the option of separating the hilts.

Thank you very much in advance.

May the force be with you.

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 02:59:48 AM »

Hiya,
How tall are you? Large, medium, small hands? Are you wanting sound with your sabers or just stunt? Some of the less expensive hilts aren't large enough to hold a sound board. If you get a double bladed setup, (unless you grab a Dominicide) you're going to have to basically buy 2 entire setups (separate sound boards) which will increase the price. Lastly, how much are you wanting to spend? Unless you're a huge guy or quite experienced, most folks will go w/ a 32 or even a 24 inch blade.  Answer these questions and folks will probably be able to point you in the general direction. Happy sabering!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Grayfox81
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 03:11:03 AM »

Hiya,
How tall are you? Large, medium, small hands? Are you wanting sound with your sabers or just stunt? Some of the less expensive hilts aren't large enough to hold a sound board. If you get a double bladed setup, (unless you grab a Dominicide) you're going to have to basically buy 2 entire setups (separate sound boards) which will increase the price. Lastly, how much are you wanting to spend? Unless you're a huge guy or quite experienced, most folks will go w/ a 32 or even a 24 inch blade.  Answer these questions and folks will probably be able to point you in the general direction. Happy sabering!

Thank you very much.

Well, I have large hands and I just want a stunt saber for dueling cause I collect the old master replicas / force fx for exhibit, but now I want a real one because I was using a plastic tube for practicing xd.

Thanks for your answer and MTFBWY

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 03:33:59 AM »

Since ya didn't give me a price point, I'll give ya 2 options.Any way you go, however, I'd strongly suggest a heavy grade blade. The mid grades are quite nice and my personal preference but the heavy are built to take full blown dueling as opposed to sparring. Also, don't get a windowed version bc the edges can be sharp if you grab it just right.  A Phantom Initiate V3 would be my first suggestion but they're out of stock atm.

https://ultrasabers.com/product/phantom-v2/

or

https://ultrasabers.com/product/sentinel-v4-staff/

Hopefully, someone that's more experienced than I am with doubled bladed sabers will chime in here but I hope this helps somewhat! MTFBWY!

The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 10:08:16 AM »

I duel regularly with the Saber Legion. For staff i use  a pair of Sentinel LE V4s with a vented flush couple and 32 inch blades. I'm 5'11" and so its fairly long but gives a decent balance of mobility and reach.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 11:03:40 AM »

I duel regularly with the Saber Legion. For staff i use  a pair of Sentinel LE V4s with a vented flush couple and 32 inch blades. I'm 5'11" and so its fairly long but gives a decent balance of mobility and reach.

Firehand, for someone 5'7, would you go with the 24" blades? Or a different setup all together?

The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 05:24:13 PM »

I'm 2,03m (I believe that's 6 foot 7 or Cool and use the Aeon and Sentinel staff setup. And really do prefer the 32" blades. 36" is nice for a saber, but difficult in staff-setup. I can do it, no problem, but I don't want to constantly think about not hitting the ground, ceiling and keeping my hands and arm high enough. So it's far more relaxed to practice/spar with a 32" blade.

But as mentioned, I do prefer the longer (two handed) hilts over the Initiates and Apprentices.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 06:04:47 PM »

I'll chime in to say I'm 5'10" and I've got a Phantasm initiate v2 on order with 24" blades. I'll be adding some custom pvc shrouds cannibalized from my current home made sabers, so the total hilt length for me will be about 24-25".
I don't plan on doing much dueling, just spinning and sparring with my boys. So reach isn't really a concern for me. I like the look of a longish hilt with short blades (and I can have mine paired as well).

For me, two 24" blades are aesthetically similar to one 36" blade in terms of size. It's technically more blade length but much less than twice, especially when considering the depth it goes into the hilt. Two 24s are more like 44" of exposed length, while one 36" is about 34" realized. That's only a 10" difference from what you see, even though it's less reach per blade

Two 32" blades would be too long for my purposes, but for those that duel, I've heard it's the best length.
Let me phase it this way, it seems that US originally did not offer 32" blades at all but enough people requested that length that they made it a standard length offered. And it's the default length for double sabers that aren't initiate sized.

Hope that perspective helps

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 03:30:25 PM »

My own experience is with Initiate V3s and the Dominix V3s with flush vented couplers.  I used 32" blades on both.
With 32" blades and the vented (adjustable) coupler my V3s are just a bit longer than my bo staff, 6'4", exactly my own height.

When I've tried using 36" blades it becomes unwieldy and awkward.  With 24" the reach seems to short to me, though it is faster and quicker.

The hilt itself is a good size with the V3s as well:

and in-hand, with quick disconnect couplers:

and

The Initiate V4s or V5s would have similar length and utilty, as would the Apprentice V4 or V5s.  Actually, a pair of Apprentice V5s or dark Apprentice V5s would make a really awesome looking staff.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 03:57:49 PM »

Another thing I'll add about shorter blades (and someone correct me if wrong as I don't have a saber yet, just speculation) is that the shorter the blade, the closer the mirrored tip is to the light source, thus (and again this is just my theory) you get a brighter, or at least more consistently light blade.

That's another reason I've gone with 24" blades for my staff, even though I'm 5'10 and the length of the staff would be somewhere around 5'8" give or take.
It's also why I'm going to prefer 32" blades for single sabers.  It's only a 4" difference from 36", but that should minimize the blade color dimming as much as it gets to the tip

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 04:08:52 PM »

Another thing I'll add about shorter blades (and someone correct me if wrong as I don't have a saber yet, just speculation) is that the shorter the blade, the closer the mirrored tip is to the light source, thus (and again this is just my theory) you get a brighter, or at least more consistently light blade.

That's another reason I've gone with 24" blades for my staff, even though I'm 5'10 and the length of the staff would be somewhere around 5'8" give or take.
It's also why I'm going to prefer 32" blades for single sabers.  It's only a 4" difference from 36", but that should minimize the blade color dimming as much as it gets tot he tip

-

You're not wrong.    :-)   For pure looks, the 24" blade is the most consistently bright, but to my eye the blade looks to short.  I prefer 32" for just about everything, though I do have 36" blades in my larger hilts, again for balance. They do have a bit more dimming toward the tip, however.

This can be minimalized by using Tri-Cree LEDs, and also keep a "show blade" back from any dueling you do.  The inside wrap can get messed up in dueling blades, making them dim quite a bit.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 04:43:32 PM »

Thanx for confirming!  I only plan on 24" blades if they are going to be paired or coupled. Otherwise, 32" all the way for me!
My first sabers are Tri-CG in ultraedge HG at 24".  I'm going purely for looks with them, so I'm hoping the combination of shorter blades, tri-cree LEDs and UE blade will be a trifecta of beign the brightest possible green I can get.

-

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 04:49:05 PM »

Hi guys.

I want to order a lightsaber from ultrasabers. I'd like to get a dual bladed lightsaber but I'm not sure the recommended dimensions, specially for the blade, 32" or 36"? I ask because I will use it mainly for duel in a grpup, as a staff, and sometimes as a single saber to take advantage of the option of separating the hilts.

Thank you very much in advance.

May the force be with you.
If you're still taking advice, I will advocate 32s for a staff. BUT depending on how tall you are, and what hilt model you are looking to staff, I might suggest a modified length. I'm 6'1, and I use 32s in both my Menace as well as Project:BOOYA!. They are absolutely perfect for staff length in the Menace (~80"), which uses a vented flush coupler. I can spin under an 8' ceiling and not hit floor or ceiling. Project:BOOYA! is a pair of Sentinels with a quick-release coupler. That is a bit longer (over 7'), and a little trickier to spin, but the 32s are then perfect for splitting to dual wielding.

But in the end, it's about what you are comfortable with.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Grayfox81
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2020, 07:11:48 PM »

If you're still taking advice, I will advocate 32s for a staff. BUT depending on how tall you are, and what hilt model you are looking to staff, I might suggest a modified length. I'm 6'1, and I use 32s in both my Menace as well as Project:BOOYA!. They are absolutely perfect for staff length in the Menace (~80"), which uses a vented flush coupler. I can spin under an 8' ceiling and not hit floor or ceiling. Project:BOOYA! is a pair of Sentinels with a quick-release coupler. That is a bit longer (over 7'), and a little trickier to spin, but the 32s are then perfect for splitting to dual wielding.

But in the end, it's about what you are comfortable with.
Thanks. Actually I will buy the sabers with 32 inch blade and about 10 inches long hilts, I'm looking for the right model, but I like the dark versions.
Soon I will post about the purchase I've made and when I have it with me I'll post some photos.

Thanks again.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2020, 07:21:53 PM »

Thanks. Actually I will buy the sabers with 32 inch blade and about 10 inches long hilts, I'm looking for the right model, but I like the dark versions.
Soon I will post about the purchase I've made and when I have it with me I'll post some photos.

Thanks again.
Are these Menaces, Inis, or Apprentices?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: