Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Led stopped?  (Read 757 times)
Caedeous
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« on: January 11, 2020, 09:02:09 PM »

I bought a saber 2 years ago that I just found from moving and the led doesn't come on, but the sound sorta works. It sounds like it's stretched out (best description I can do) is there a way go fix it? I'm not good at electronics myself lol

Dark Initiate LE V4 With OBS v3(CG)
Dominix LE V4 With OBS v3 (BR)

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 09:34:27 PM »

Have you checked the batteries? Make sure they're charged and you didn't insert AA batteries instead of the Li-Ions.

Otherwise it might be a wiring issue which should be checked and solved by Ultrasabers since you said you're not good in such things. They will charge a fee, but will do the work for you.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Caedeous
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 10:08:25 PM »

Have you checked the batteries? Make sure they're charged and you didn't insert AA batteries instead of the Li-Ions.

Otherwise it might be a wiring issue which should be checked and solved by Ultrasabers since you said you're not good in such things. They will charge a fee, but will do the work for you.

Yeah I tried aa first and didn't know, I lost the original batteries and was going to try lithium ion before buying the ones on here. Would you happen to know if they work or just the ones from the site?

Dark Initiate LE V4 With OBS v3(CG)
Dominix LE V4 With OBS v3 (BR)

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 12:12:45 PM »

As long as they have the right size (14500), voltage (3.7v) and protection (PCB), they should work. Don't try high mAh ratings as those are mostly fake values and inferior quality. Avoid anything above 900mAh.

The XTARs from the site will definitely work, but if you happen to find them somewhere else, it's okay as well. TrustFire (black-orange with flames) is a good brand, too - UltraSabers used them before switching to XTAR.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 05:17:34 PM »

I’m the vocally paranoid one here when it comes to the lithium-ion batteries, and I echo everything Racona Nova says.  I would add that Trustfire might also have plain gray wrappers on the batteries, with no flames.  Other good brands would include Olight and Nitecore.  Like RN said, stick with the 800-900 mAH rated cells, because the ones claiming to have higher capacity won’t be safe, and the ones claiming less capacity won’t be satisfying.

I am guessing that you already have a charger that will handle lithium-ion batteries, since you have a saber that uses them.  If all you have is a charger that deals with standard NiMH batteries, then you’re going to need a new charger. (Again, I’m guessing you DO already have one of these, but just in case...)  If you need (or just want) a new charger, the XTAR VC2 sold by UltraSabers (and others) is a very good one that has all the necessary safety features, and some very nice convenience features as well. 

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: