Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: First time buyer; please sell me on Emerald, and a couple questions.  (Read 2650 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 11:10:34 PM »

Yep, was one of the concerns I had with the Emerald; it would only make sense to use white illumination, or none at all.

However I just placed the order: Dominix LE v5 Premium Sound, Fire Orange, Silver FoC, Obsidian v4, Orange/Silver AV switch, recharge port. + mystery box.

Nice choice. I hope it meets all your expectations and hope to see if you do a review of the hilt, plus any pictures you could post would be greatly appreciated.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 12:23:46 AM »

Yep, was one of the concerns I had with the Emerald; it would only make sense to use white illumination, or none at all.

I thought the same thing (white is the only illuminated switch color that would make sense) with my Diamond, but... I got the Blue illuminated AV switch to match the Azure Fallen’s body color, and I couldn’t be happier.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

J_Von_Random
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 04:33:36 PM »

Nice choice. I hope it meets all your expectations and hope to see if you do a review of the hilt, plus any pictures you could post would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure that I will be able to give much of a review beyond "saber cool. makes noise"  Grin

But I can post pictures.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 05:22:36 PM »

Not sure that I will be able to give much of a review beyond "saber cool. makes noise"  Grin

But I can post pictures.

Here’s the thing... if you do a “saber cool, makes noise” review with enough gusto, we’re probably going to enjoy it.  We like seeing other folks enjoy the same hobby we have, even if (and sometimes especially if) the presentation doesn’t look like it was made for the big screen.  The rawness of the joy, especially on an unboxing, and especially for someone’s first saber, is fun to watch, no matter what.  And if it’s not your first saber, or you’ve already unboxed it, guess what?  That’s cool, too!  We like to see folks enjoying their sabers.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Monkeon
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 05:30:33 PM »

I'm about to take the plunge and buy my first saber as well. I was umming and ahhing about which sound setup to go for but the info in this thread has made my mind up. I'm going to stick with the basics for my first one and save up a bit more and treat myself to a diamond saber for my next one. Thanks Gents.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 03:11:04 AM »

Cyclops is right. We really do enjoy watching someone open the box, stare in disbelief at their awesome new saber, ignite the saber for the 1st time. That's why we watch ALL of the unboxing videos. I think I can speak for most in the forum when I say, we have almost as much fun as you do when this happens. So, think about sharing that moment with people who get you. Monkeon, that sounds like a good plan. Which saber are you going to get?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 02:37:35 PM »

My saber of choice would be the Fallen LE in SRD blade, Aeon LE V5 in SRD blade, or the Sentinel LE V5 in SRD because I like gold...

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2020, 02:17:50 AM »

My saber of choice would be the Fallen LE in SRD blade, Aeon LE V5 in SRD blade, or the Sentinel LE V5 in SRD because I like gold...

All excellent choices.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2020, 11:55:52 AM »

All excellent choices.

Thank you, my good man  Cheesy

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2020, 02:27:06 PM »

I feel like we don't see enough SRD blades. Not that the other colors aren't nice, Sun Rider's is a particularly underrated color IMO

Lover of the light side

Monkeon
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2020, 06:28:37 PM »

All excellent choices.

I thought i'd made my mind up till i saw the three suggestions, there's too much choice. I've bitten the bullet and gone for the Manticore in blazing red with FOC, while it was on the deal of the day and the 10% off. I'll try and get a video up when it arrives  Grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: