Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Opinion On The New Star Wars Movies (Games and Series Don’t Count)  (Read 7733 times)
aaronle1989
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 08:30:08 AM »

The thing's that annoys me the most about TLJ is Holdo's suicide that to me that should have been Ackbar it would have carried so much more emotional weight and would have been a great sent off for the admiral. Also that scene ruined every space battle ever in SW.... why have fighters when you can just suicide bomb the death star ect was the laziest writing I've ever seen.

I hated Luke's character arc but i agree that Hamill really did a great job with what he was given i actually thought the ending with Luke and Kylo was sorta cool but then he died and i just thought it was the most lamest way to go, that last scene should have been Luke getting up using the force to get his old x wing then taking off into space then credits!!! (Luke dying at the hands of Palpatine just like Vader in order to save Ray to me would have been so much more satisfying)

TLJ is by far though the best looking SW film of the Disney era by far, for all its faults and my own personal distain for the film it is really beautifully shot and gorgeous to look at.

SpartanGrey117
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 11:23:21 AM »

I just recently watched the Rise of Skywalker and while I generally dislike episodes 7 and 8, ep 9 was actually pretty good. The movie had it's flaws, but over all I enjoyed the last entry to this new trilogy the most. I still enjoy watching all of them, but there are some things about 7 and 8 that I just can't get past. Whether it's the fact that 7 is just episode 4 on a larger scale, or Rey kicking one guy and knocking 3 back in the fight scene in 8, the first two were their first stumblings and I feel they got it right for ep 9.

The Jedi have their place in the galaxy, and should not be lost. The Sith... They have theirs; some are needed, most are misguided, and then there are those that must be silenced... Both are needed for balance.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2020, 08:53:49 PM »

Just checking in with my two bits...

The sequel trilogy is my least favorite of the three trilogies, but I don't hate the movies at all.  I liked Episode 7 a lot; even if it did copy Episode 4 it was still well done.  I LOVED Rogue One, and liked Solo better than I thought I would.   There were parts of Episode 8 that I wasn't keen on, but for the most part, I did like it.

As for Episode 9...I liked it.  And that's the problem.  I didn't want to "like" it.  I wanted it to knock me on my ass with awe and amazement, which it didn't. 

But, it is what it is, that's what we got. And they don't diminish my love for Star Wars at all, so for that I'm thankful.   But I will admit, part of me is wondering if Disney really should be trying to make more movies.  Maybe it's time to stop, unless there's a major shakeup at Lucasfilm.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2020, 05:51:59 PM »

I have to agree with the OP.
7th was meh for the already seen formula. But had room for promising things (if you can swallow the fall from ROTJ ending to the "well they lost" begining of TFA).
I didn't like Saw Guerera from Rogue One and the romance was unnecessary imo. And Chirut Imwe should have been wielding a lightsaber pike but oh well. But overall a great movie from one line in ANH!
Then... I can't consider what RJ did as a SW movie. I'll agree with the user that said it was ELSEWORLD. For me, Luke is not in the movie. We discover a new character... Jake Skywalker if you will. A bitter old man far too different from the hopeful Luke who still believed in his father after all the things he did...
Still haven't seen Solo.
And the second JJA movie well. He tried his best with what RJ left him at the end of the "movie". I have some hope for the extended cut that would allegedly appear on Disney+.
Overall I didn't really like the movie as is. BUT I fell in love with Rey's lightsaber even though it is only briefly seen. I understand why it only appears at the end, but I would have loved if she had used it from the start of the movie.

In the end, I'm quite sad for the cast of those movies. The characters could have been really interesting (sorry Rose Tico*, no love for you, RJ even said he loved you because you were not a SW character...) but due to the absence of guideline or global storyboard for the trilogy, it failed for me.

* I do not in any way approve harassment of actors. Hate the character not the actor.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up