Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Opinion On The New Star Wars Movies (Games and Series Donít Count)  (Read 147 times)
clackattack99
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: January 14, 2020, 12:18:12 AM »

When The Force Awakens wasnít a perfect movie that follows too much of a familiar formula, but was a decent starter to a trilogy that had room to evolve as it went on. Then Rogue One comes out that has some characters that were a bit boring, but the plot was good enough and had some very badass moments to make the film memorable. ...Then The Last Jedi shows up... and it all goes downhill from there.

tylerblack
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 11:51:39 PM »

i think that whether you think the sequel are good or bad, you should still be able to watch the movies and enjoy them.  I was a big hater on the sequels when the force awakens came out and even more when the last jedi came out.  but even through my hatred for thses movies i couldnt help but love certain parts of the movie.  such as when snoke gets cut in half and is completely taken by surprise, he literally thought there was no way kylo ren could betray him.  the way kylo bests snoke in my opinion is some of the smartest lightsaber dueling ive seen.  and the way kylo pulls the lightsaber towards himself and rey catches it as music starts playing is a beautiful shot. sure, maybe a scene like this wouldve fit more in the third film of the trilogy and sure it wouldve been cool seeing a backstory for snoke and all before his death. this is just one of the multiple moments that just remind me why i love star wars.  honestly im surprised any movie is good let alone a star wars one.  from screenplay, to screenwriters, to directors, to producers, to studios, i am seriously shocked that a movie can go through so many requirements and people to somehow comeout and be good.  Now when making a star wars movie its a little different. these are movies people grew up with, have spent their life watching, and some maybe even worshipping it.  all those fans have very high expectations and i know i did.  the expectations are almost impossible to reach and u have to take into consideration how every movie just cant be all fan service.  we can complain and not like the new films all we want but in the end its all cannon and its all star wars.  thinking about all that im not afraid i love watching the sequels now. because its star wars and i love watching star wars.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 69

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 12:05:18 PM »

Gave you a point. I agree, there are good moments and fun movies to watch overall. I donít agree with a good deal of what theyíve done with most of the less than adequately developed characters. Unfortunately, this isnít just a Star Wars phenomenon...itís movie making in general in most cases. In the end, we take the good with the bad, but I donít believe this is going to change any time soon. We can hope for better things in the TV and animated series, which has more time to develop characters.

Looking forward to The Clone Wars season 7, BTW. Just bought the other seasons because I wasnít able to get through all of them beforE Netflix lost the rights. And I still have Rebels to get through. I hear a third animated series is being developed where Rebels left off. Love these shows so far.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2270

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 05:45:04 AM »

I like them all, myself. Even though episode 7 is my least favorite, I love it cinematically

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: