Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: RENEGADE LE IS POPPING UP EVERYWHERE!!  (Read 1254 times)
Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« on: January 16, 2020, 12:29:57 AM »

Hello forum, as you know, I've been thinking about getting a Renegade LE. Actually, I AM DEFINITELY going to have one in my collection. Up to this point, they have been few and far between, outside of Ultrasabers. (private sales). Most weren't the color I wanted, didn't have sound, no illuminated av switches, asked way to much money for it, etc. So, it's been easy to wait and save. Now there are several popping up for sale,  all at the same time. Each has only one of the aforementioned problems, making it easy to overlook. Thus, my problem. Do I get one OR do I wait and purchase it from  Ultrasabers? I don't know if it is appropriate to be asking here, if not, I'm sorry.  What are your thoughts? Has anyone else had to deal with this, if so, what did you do?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 03:34:37 AM »

My opinion: Wait and purchase from US.

Reasons:
1) You get a Warranty.
2) You'll get exactly what you want. You won't have the "man, this saber is great...except for this one little thing I wish was different" feeling.
3) You know that it won't have any "surprise" issues 2 weeks after you get it.
4) You cannot enter a raffle, or get giveaway stuff buying it that way.

As far as buying US sabers not from US, the only time I've looked into it was for a Crimson SI and Crimson Liberator, two sabers US made but don't currently offer.

I know there are lots of US sabers for sale on ebay and such, and I know there are plenty of people who buy them. Personally I'm not one of them as I feel I should support the company directly. That's my personal point of view. Outside of the reasons I listed above, I'm not going to tell anyone else they shouldn't buy second hand, only that I choose not to do it.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 06:20:44 AM »

That's some very sound reasoning. I have to say, it sits well with me. Thanks much for your opinion.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 10:57:08 AM »

Ultimately, the choice is yours to buy from the vendor, or a 2nd source. Sakura No Kaze gives the reasons why to buy from UltraSabers.

Now, my opinion: save up and by from US. This way you choose how it is to be built and if you have problems with it, you know you can send it back for repairs. It's just the time frame for how long it will be until you get it in hand. Of course, there's the raffle chance to entice you, plus the 10% off your order and free shipping, if you put the $250 or more into it.

I have purchased US hilts from 2nd sources. Usually because it has parts I want, or was curious about the size/heft and got a stunt version to examine. Afterwords, if it wasn't to my liking, I gave it away or chopped it up for parts. Have I had buyers remorse from 2nd source sellers? Yes. But I went in knowing what I was buying.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 12:02:33 PM »

Unless you're a tinkerer and buy it from someone who isn't lying or hiding something else wrong with it, you're essentially buy someone else's problem.  I say buy UltraSabers but it's up to you to ask yourself what's more important, saving a few bucks or having a peace of mind with warranty and guaranteed quality

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 05:40:45 PM »

Thanks to everyone, your words are much appreciated. I've decided to let it go, and stick with what I know. You can't deny the quality of an Ultrasabers saber. I've always been extremely happy with my purchases and the one time I had a minor issue, they were all over it. I  will be staying with Ultrasabers. Besides, I might win a Renegade LE  (that would be my choice). Again, thanks people.

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 10:17:16 PM »

I currently have two sabers from US. One I bought from them and one I bought 2nd hand from eBay. I wasn’t originally planning to buy one via eBay but I came across the exact one I wanted, built exactly the way I wanted it except it was a Emerald driver and I was only gonna build it with basic sound. Couldn’t pass it up because it was half what it would cost new and significantly cheaper the building one with basic sound. I had really good communication with the seller before I bought. He even threw in an extra blade for free. For me it haha as worth the risk.
That said I prefer to buy from US for all the reasons listed before. I’m actually getting ready to place another order for two more sabers.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 12:10:04 PM »

Glad you've decided to stick with UltraSabers, Malik. It may be tempting to see some of these on the used market with a lower price but keep in mind, you either have no idea what issues they hold, what they've been through, and there's no warranty to back up that purchase other than dealing with eBay or whatever platform you found them on

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 05:30:16 AM »

True. I'm sticking with Ultrasabers. Besides, I like the way they handle customer service issues (between movies and such). Of course, the only exception (thus far) has been finding a forum member who was selling or trading a saber. They (in my opinion) tend to take excellent care of their sabers. It seems, we all usually tend to hold them in high esteem.

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 03:01:06 PM »

I think the obvious answer here is to get both!  Cheesy

If it was me, I'd probably wait to get it from US, but I'm a glutton for punishment and think waiting for the prize makes getting it that much sweeter.

Joking aside, what about getting one of the other ones and then selling it once you can get one from US? I wouldn't think you would loose too terribly much buying used and then reselling.

Lover of the light side

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 03:23:59 AM »

I think the obvious answer here is to get both!  Cheesy

If it was me, I'd probably wait to get it from US, but I'm a glutton for punishment and think waiting for the prize makes getting it that much sweeter.

Joking aside, what about getting one of the other ones and then selling it once you can get one from US? I wouldn't think you would loose too terribly much buying used and then reselling.

The risk I see here is getting stuck with a crappy second-hand saber, even after trying to get the selling platform to help resolve the dispute.  Then you’ve got a saber you aren’t happy with, and you really don’t want to sell it because it’s a piece of junk (unless it’s okay, just not what you ordered).  I mean, I suppose you could sell it for parts, but that sounds like way too much work to me.  Disassembly would be fun, but cataloging each part, and marketing it properly?  Nahhh... I’d rather spend my saber time differently.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 12:32:29 PM »

You'll definitely take a hit with losing some money if you receive a saber that doesn't work and want to sell them for parts

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: