Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Standard Issue Battle Saber V3  (Read 2422 times)
digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 06:11:45 PM »

I think we NEED to see a SBI in an LE format.  This would be an all silver hilt with gold accents in the machined grooves, for both with or without the vertical grooves.  Now I would totally be on board for that!  I LOVED the rendering that were done.  I do remember when Ultrasabers were sending these out as grab bags, I got a Crimson Liberator during that period.  I was never lucky enough to get an anodized SBI.  Great posts on this subject!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 06:17:42 PM »

To Tarotdactyl,

Congrats on getting an SIB, I really like the clean simple lines of this hilt too - it reminds me of the Imperial Knights from the Fel Empire in Legends.
I hope it serves you long and well.

Hi Malik,

Well I sort of have an SIB in red...

And gold and black you say?...

Sadly these are totally unofficial, I built them in Blender 3D last year for a member so they could see what the hilts might look like.

The red and the gold with black lines both look great. Just imagining how nice the real deal would look in hand because they’re always better in person. Unfortunately, I doubt US would go back to remodeling an older saber unless there was good reason—like a huge demand for them. But we can dream!

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 06:20:23 PM »

I think we NEED to see a SBI in an LE format.  This would be an all silver hilt with gold accents in the machined grooves, for both with or without the vertical grooves.  Now I would totally be on board for that!  I LOVED the rendering that were done.  I do remember when Ultrasabers were sending these out as grab bags, I got a Crimson Liberator during that period.  I was never lucky enough to get an anodized SBI.  Great posts on this subject!

There was a crimson liberator!?! Man, I would hold onto that one!

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 07:36:32 PM »

The red and the gold with black lines both look great. Just imagining how nice the real deal would look in hand because they’re always better in person. Unfortunately, I doubt US would go back to remodeling an older saber unless there was good reason—like a huge demand for them. But we can dream!

Hi StoryDtechtive, yes I agree. As I mentioned I built these the last time members voiced their wishes for the gold and black versions (along with anodizing on a handful of other hilts) and as I was starting out 3D modeling I tried recreating it for them as practice.

But as you say there is no substitute for a solid lump of Ultrasabers' aluminium in hand to admire.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 08:02:53 PM »

Hi StoryDtechtive, yes I agree. As I mentioned I built these the last time members voiced their wishes for the gold and black versions (along with anodizing on a handful of other hilts) and as I was starting out 3D modeling I tried recreating it for them as practice.

But as you say there is no substitute for a solid lump of Ultrasabers' aluminium in hand to admire.

Repainting or having someone create a facsimile is probably the only hope for this. And the repaint on all those lines would be quite meticulous. I would be tempted to try it if I ever lucked into getting an extra in a MB...but I don’t even have my first one yet. Maybe when my latest MB comes in. Although really hoping for a Prophecy. I’ve seen several of both in MBs. The mystery is half the fun Smiley

Saber Arsenal:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: