Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Standard Issue Battle Saber V3  (Read 2416 times)
Tarotdactyl
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: January 16, 2020, 11:15:46 PM »

This is my fourth lightsaber purchase and I could not be happier. Ultrasabers' product is as legitimate as it is reliable, and this Standard Issue Battle Saber is my new favorite thing.

I'm a big show-off and I use lightsabers more for tricks and twirling than for combat so I have to be a little picky about the hilts of my lightsabers.

The Standard Issue has a sleek handle that fits well and slides around well in my hand, but the hilt itself is heavy enough that I can perform cool tricks and flips with it too. Twirling is still a relatively new hobby of mine and this hilt is going to be the perfect tool to learn and perform new skills.

Here is a link to my YouTube Video review:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGHDQLDqHlE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGHDQLDqHlE</a>
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:40:05 PM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 05:06:55 AM »

That's a cool saber. Very nice spinning.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 05:36:45 PM »

Great looking saber and impressive spins. I subbed to you channel, BTW. We YTers need to support one another on the whacky platform over there Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 11:31:14 PM »

The DSI was the first saber I bought and it remains my favorite 5 years (and 11 other sabers) later.

Smooth, simple design with a touch of style from the slanted emitter.

Now if only I could find a Crimson one somewhere...

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 01:10:41 AM »

The DSI was the first saber I bought and it remains my favorite 5 years (and 11 other sabers) later.

Smooth, simple design with a touch of style from the slanted emitter.

Now if only I could find a Crimson one somewhere...

A crimson version would look amazing. I’ve wanted a gold one with black accents since I saw it.

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 03:41:32 AM »

A crimson version would look amazing. I’ve wanted a gold one with black accents since I saw it.

Yes. Unfortunately Photobucket sucks but to give an idea (I want the Crimson Liberator too):

Blue standard issue

Crimson standard issue

Crimson liberator

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 10:06:57 AM »

Thank you for the review, I was just looking for something like this yesterday! I'm considering this saber for my next order.

Just a few questions:
How far/deep does the blade go into the hilt?
(I thought I read somewhere that it's just a little bit wich makes the blade wobble)

And how does it handle because it doesn't have any choking points?
Where do you grip it? Or what is the natural position for your hand?

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

rocket29
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 06:01:51 PM »

Nice saber!

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 10:13:36 PM »

Yes. Unfortunately Photobucket sucks but to give an idea (I want the Crimson Liberator too):

Blue standard issue

Crimson standard issue

Crimson liberator

Oh yeah...that crimson version with the vertical lines would definitely be a “must have.”

Saber Arsenal:

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 04:00:13 AM »

Thank you for the review, I was just looking for something like this yesterday! I'm considering this saber for my next order.

Just a few questions:
How far/deep does the blade go into the hilt?
(I thought I read somewhere that it's just a little bit wich makes the blade wobble)

And how does it handle because it doesn't have any choking points?
Where do you grip it? Or what is the natural position for your hand?

The blade goes into the hilt the standard two inches from the lowest point of the emitter slant. The blade does not wobble, unless you don't put the retaining screw in. Then it tends to fall out. But if you go with the standard tightening amount that you would use on any saber, it doesn't move.

It handles like a dream. I don't understand why people need choke points. I can understand their use to facilitate spinning, but for combat I don't see why they're necessary. I guess I would point to most (but not all) historical sword designs, which don't have choke points.

My grip is upper hand just below the bottom of the emitter slant, lower hand with the bottom of the saber more or less resting in my palm. Pretty much the traditional way you'd wield a katana (despite the hilt being about 2.5" shorter than I'd get a katana).

That pretty much is my natural grip. I actually had to get my DSI out to see how I held it because it's not something I think about when I pick it up, it just fits.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 04:35:48 AM »

I'd love a red Standard Issue Battle Saber, or maybe even a gold one with black vertical stripes.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 05:01:17 AM »

To Tarotdactyl,

Congrats on getting an SIB, I really like the clean simple lines of this hilt too - it reminds me of the Imperial Knights from the Fel Empire in Legends.
I hope it serves you long and well.

I'd love a red Standard Issue Battle Saber, or maybe even a gold one with black vertical stripes.

Hi Malik,

Well I sort of have an SIB in red...

And gold and black you say?...

Sadly these are totally unofficial, I built them in Blender 3D last year for a member so they could see what the hilts might look like.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 07:36:59 AM »

The blade goes into the hilt the standard two inches from the lowest point of the emitter slant. The blade does not wobble, unless you don't put the retaining screw in. Then it tends to fall out. But if you go with the standard tightening amount that you would use on any saber, it doesn't move.

It handles like a dream. I don't understand why people need choke points. I can understand their use to facilitate spinning, but for combat I don't see why they're necessary. I guess I would point to most (but not all) historical sword designs, which don't have choke points.

My grip is upper hand just below the bottom of the emitter slant, lower hand with the bottom of the saber more or less resting in my palm. Pretty much the traditional way you'd wield a katana (despite the hilt being about 2.5" shorter than I'd get a katana).

That pretty much is my natural grip. I actually had to get my DSI out to see how I held it because it's not something I think about when I pick it up, it just fits.
:
Thanks Sakura, just what I wanted to know. You made a clear point on those choke points, funny how I tend to forget that when talking about lightsabers. But do not think about it when handling a historical saber or staff for that matter.  Have a point!
Only problem now is: I want to order...

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2020, 05:09:47 PM »

Thanks for the SIB color changes! The red/silver is my favorite. I'd definitely get a  red one, and the original black/silver. Point coming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 05:27:03 PM »

Thanks for the SIB color changes! The red/silver is my favorite. I'd definitely get a  red one, and the original black/silver. Point coming.

Hi Malik, no problem I had these renders knocking around. I even attempted a Candy Orange and black version but it didn't quite look right  Undecided

Please accept a point in return.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: