Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Guardian first impressions/review.  (Read 7909 times)
hisher
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« on: December 22, 2011, 02:24:28 AM »

Hey everyone just got my Guardian and thought I would post a review. I will be using my Bellicose as a reference. Also I am sorry about the quality of the photos my camera sucks and I am an awful photographer.

Order Details: I ordered this saber in Dark Violet Amethyst with Obsidian sound and Banes Heart FoC.

The Hilt: I have to say I am very happy with this design it's not only comfortable to grip but looks fantastic. The shroud work is well done, no sharp edges, and detailed. The only downside is that the hilt itself is on the heavy side quite a bit more than my bellicose but that was to be expected with a shroud. The blade sits about three inches deep in the hilt. It seems that there are actually two blade retention screws for this design one being the red thumbscrew and the other is the 6-32 socket Head Cap Screw so the standard allen wrench won't work to loosen it.

The Pommel: This is a very good looking pommel there are only a couple things to note about it. The first thing is that it is a bit quiet maybe about half as loud as it was when I put my Bellicose pommel on it but still plenty loud I think. The second thing worth mentioning is that the pommel is actually three pieces a choke like section, a ring, and the vented side. The ring section actually slides in between the other two sections which screw into each other. It also appears that both pieces are mhs compatible.

Handling: I can't say that I am an expert when it comes to handling a saber I can do basic spins but that is about it but with that in mind I don't seem to be having any troubles. The recessed section in the shroud between the switch and the emitter make a great spot to grip the saber. The balance point on this saber with a standard mid grade blade is about a half inch above the red thumb screw.

Overall: This saber has definitely met my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone who might be considering a saber. I also believe this saber would look good in any color after having seen it flash from Violet to Banes Heart which is almost red to my eyes.

Pictures:

shyguy3000
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 72

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 02:34:17 AM »

Awesome review, I just got my guardian in as well and was wondering which screws was the blade retention screws, Nice Color choice too. =D

Light side Points please. =D
Consular w/ GB, BR, AB, SRD, MLS Units and Obsidian sound.
Archon V2 w/CG and Obsidian sound
Donimix V3 with DVA and Obsidian Sound
Guardian with GB and Obsidian Sound

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 02:49:20 AM »

OOOH I can't wait to see more colors on this. Grin

Good choice in color.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 02:53:07 AM »

Awesome hill and it has my favorite color!!!! Actually its just my favorite color saber. my favorite color is yellow

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 03:00:56 AM »

Awesome hill and it has my favorite color!!!! Actually its just my favorite color saber. my favorite color is yellow

Yellow! Grin

--------------------------------

How heavy is the Guardian compared to the Bane?

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 03:09:15 AM »

Yellow! Wink
I knew you would comment! Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 03:33:57 AM »

Lucky and jealous. :p Nice to see a first Guardian review. Is the sound nice and loud in the pommel? Also how does it handle for combat and such?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 04:07:56 AM »

Violet sabers make me happy in a way I can't discuss on this forum...

hisher
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 05:07:52 AM »

Lucky and jealous. :p Nice to see a first Guardian review. Is the sound nice and loud in the pommel? Also how does it handle for combat and such?

The sound is definitely muffled compared to some of the other pommels but it is still pretty good I think. I haven't done much in the way of combat with it but it feels sturdy and its fairly easy to keep a nice grip and feels decent when spinning.

How heavy is the Guardian compared to the Bane?

Unfortunately I can't make a comparison because I've never seen a bane in person     Cry
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:11:51 AM by hisher » Logged

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 05:15:43 AM »

I can't wait to get my first Obsidian. I think I might start low and work my way up. I might get a Dark Liberator in VA with UEHB, Obsidian with red av button and li-ion batteries with my custom Sith font I made. I made 2 of them but yeah. Second one I did has Blackstar as power on, off, and blade lock up, then for the swings and impact I will be using Starkiller. Just an idea for anyone else that wants a more custom Sith font. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 06:24:54 AM »

So now it appears not only do we have an Obi inspired pommel IN MHS, but one that is CUSTOMIZABLE!?!?!?!? *dies* That may be the coolest thing ever. I can't lie, I want one BAAAAAD...... XD

Nice review, I greatly appreciate the pic of the pommel separated. I had NO clue it could do that! SO COOL!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

directorcass
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »

Thanks hisher, nice review. I like the blade color you went with. I hope to order one soon, after my bank account recovers from the holidays, LOL. About the sound level, I wonder if the pommel had more of a rounded opening it would be a bit louder? Anyway, congrats on getting this awesome saber and making me want one even more!

MiSha
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 11:11:22 AM »

What you did not mention: How does the FoC feature come across? Does it look great? Does it improve the "screen accuracy" of the overall look of the saber when turned on? Of course, it's an effect that improves a saber. But what I'm wondering is: HOW good does it look? Let's say on a scale from 1-10.

I'm still undecided whether or not to buy a saber with obsidian and FoC. Somehow I need my blade to flicker. A good FoC feature would help...

You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?

- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 05:14:24 PM »

Unfortunately I can't make a comparison because I've never seen a bane in person     Cry

Crap I posted on the wrong thread.

Regardless, compare it to one of your other hilts.

(I own most of them lol.)

I want to get it for MJ but I fear she only wants it because It's shiny and Obi-Wan's. Grin

dreaming0616
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 67

Hawk-Bat Two Lucid

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »

Violet sabers make me happy in a way I can't discuss on this forum...

It's true....trust me

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: