Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Customizing Dark Initiate V2 w/ Ultrasaber Parts  (Read 2456 times)
Reval
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 20, 2020, 06:00:09 PM »

Hello there,

Im curious, after many years of yearning for my own lightsaber I finally purchased two stunt sabers for my girlfriend and I to duel with.
I'm curious if the parts Ultrasabers have available for individual purchase are compatible for the Initiate hilts as I want to customize them.

I am about to place an order for the Fallen, hoping to couple it w/ some pieces for my initiates.  For my longer hilts and maybe add a claw or two  Wink

Any advice or tips would be great!

Thx

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 09:57:51 PM »

Unfortunately, V2s are only compatible with other V2s. So you can couple them together.

But everything else is MHS compatible. So V3s, 4s, 5, and up all have pommels that are interchangeable, and thus can be coupled together.
I wish there was a V2-to-MHS adapter, but it doesn't exist

-

Reval
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 10:46:38 AM »

So does this mean I’d be able to customize my fallen blade?

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 02:50:27 PM »

So does this mean I’d be able to customize my fallen blade?
Whenever you are on the page for any saber, before you choose Stunt/Sound/etc setups, scroll down to the Specifications section.
If you see this:
-Removable emitter (MHS compatible)
-Removable pommel (MHS compatible)

You'll know it's customizable with other pommels/emitters.  And I just checked, the Fallen is indeed MHS compatible as such

-

Reval
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 08:37:44 PM »

Hey Galef,
thanks so much man! that really helps me Smiley
Im new to all this so your insight really helps! thx!!!

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 08:41:49 PM »

My pleasure. I'm new too. Still waiting on my first US order, but USs seems to be such a great company that there are TONS on resources out there to find stuff out. Loads of Youtube reviews, etc and this forum has bee super helpful too.
I've only been "researching" for the past month, but I feel like I've learned a lot

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 11:25:24 PM »

Hey Reval!

The Fallen is indeed MHS compatible, both emitter and pommel can be swapped out.  The Initiate V3-V5 are MHS compatible on the pommel end but he emitters don't come apart so they don't have a lot of parts to pull off.

But the Fallen...  You can go to town on it.

For example:

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Reval
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 08:23:36 AM »

@Galef True, I been watching youtube videos, just custimization of the Initiates were limited to nonexsistent Sad
But thanks for your insight now i know what to look out for  Grin

@Karmack: Wow your fallen is amazing! What Emitter is that?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 03:05:37 PM »

@Galef True, I been watching youtube videos, just custimization of the Initiates were limited to nonexsistent Sad
But thanks for your insight now i know what to look out for  Grin

@Karmack: Wow your fallen is amazing! What Emitter is that?

The emitter is actually from TCSS, one of their custom pieces.  I am not going to use it on the Fallen, though, its just not quite right...

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 04:24:15 PM »

I am kinda curious about using PVC piping to make an "adaptor" for V2 hilts.
I know for sure that 1.25" inner diameter pipe fits snuggly over V2 hilts (saw a YouTube about it) and I also know that you can "force" screws into it.
I have some PVC shroud already and was about to use some thumb screws in it. I simply drilled a hole smaller them the thread width of the screw, then used a vice grip to twist the screw into the hole, thereby creating the inner thread groove.

Now I don't plan on removing those screw, but I wonder it the same technique could be used with an MHS pommel and the PVC shroud, essentially making V2s MHS compatible as well as adding some width to the handle section.

-

Reval
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 06:25:22 PM »

@Karmack: Sorry whats TCSS? Im knew so the acronyms are all foreign to me.

@Galef: I dont have the balls to drill holes into my new lightsabers xD These Initiates are the first pair of lightsabers i have ever owned. That being said if youre willing to give it a go, id be really interested to see the results!

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 07:55:30 PM »

@Karmack: Sorry whats TCSS? Im knew so the acronyms are all foreign to me.

@Galef: I dont have the balls to drill holes into my new lightsabers xD These Initiates are the first pair of lightsabers i have ever owned. That being said if youre willing to give it a go, id be really interested to see the results!
TCSS is the custom saber shop, I think. They aren't US but are compatible.

And I wasn't referring to drilling holes in the saber. I would not do that either. I meant holes in the PVC so that I could thread screws in it.
Whenever I get a non-V2 saber, I'll see it's possible to "wedge" the pommel into a 1.25 inch PVC, which could also fit the whole V2 handle.

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2020, 09:23:28 PM »

TCSS is the custom saber shop, I think. They aren't US but are compatible.

And I wasn't referring to drilling holes in the saber. I would not do that either. I meant holes in the PVC so that I could thread screws in it.
Whenever I get a non-V2 saber, I'll see it's possible to "wedge" the pommel into a 1.25 inch PVC, which could also fit the whole V2 handle.

-

Correct, TCSS is The Custom Saber Shop.   They are not direct competitors with US and they sell MHS compatible parts.  US is compatible with the MHS version 1 parts, the "original" multi-hilt system.  :-)   There are bunches of other things there you can get for customization as well.  Easy ways to change the look of a saber as well as its feel and function would be to add an extension and pommel, for example.

Someone else might know, they may even have an adapter from MHSv1 to MHSv2, which I THINK may be the same size as the V2 initiates.   But I could be wrong on that one.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2020, 09:47:02 PM »

I've seen someone on this forum actually make a V2 adapter but they really had to work on the metal to get it fitted into the hilt. I think my PVC technique should work, or at the very least won't damage the saber itself if it doesn't

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2020, 10:34:38 PM »

I've seen someone on this forum actually make a V2 adapter but they really had to work on the metal to get it fitted into the hilt. I think my PVC technique should work, or at the very least won't damage the saber itself if it doesn't

-

It certainly has potential!   :-)   Good luck.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: