Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Clone Wars RPG Tatooine/Hutt Space  (Read 3334 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1929

Lord of the Force

« on: January 20, 2020, 08:58:53 PM »

:: Jakyr Mippen, Human Smuggler ::
:: Outer Atmosphere, Tatooine ::

Jakyr piloted the Smiler towards Mos Eisley Spaceport. He needed another job, but his crew had to be paid and dropped off before he could go looking for one. Not to mention he needed refueling, and to pay the bill for his perpetually rented landing hanger. The three crew members were all in the back getting ready to disembark as soon as they were paid, So Jakyr was in the cockpit by himself. For much else other than landing he would have wanted a copilot, but it was unnecessary, and he knew the crew wanted to get home as soon as the could. Their last job had taken three weeks, and they all had families to get back to.

As soon as they touched down in docking bay 103, Jakyr was headed towards his cabin. His crew was loyal enough to not try and take their pay by force, but he also knew they would not leave until he had given it to them. He grabbed the credits and was headed towards the exit within moments. His second-in-command/copilot was a tholothian male, and had worked with Jakyr a few times. The other two were a twi-lek male and a human female. They were all good with their weapons, but really shone when it came to talking their way out of anything. While Jakyr had the job, the ship, and the credits, it was mostly up to the three of them to make and execute the plan.

“Come on Smug, we wanna get out of here” the tholothian spoke first when they spotted Jakyr.

“I’m comin’ Kirt, I’m comin’” Jakyr replied amiably. Divvying out the credits accordingly, and giving them each their share, before heading off to pay his bills. “If I get another job I can use ya’ll on I’ll let you know.” he said calling over his shoulder to them.

“Just not tonight!” Amela called back, the humor evident in her voice.

Jakyr had just stepped through the bay door, when he was stopped by a nikto stopped him.

“Jakyr Mippen? Known as “Smug” the nikto said.

“Maybe, who’s asking, do I owe ‘em money?” Jakyr replied jokingly.

“The Mighty Jabba --”

“Well, you seem to have slimmed down quite a bit, oh mighty Jabba” He said cutting off the nikto.

“The Mighty Jabba has sent a message to Smug Mippen requesting that he comes immediately to meet with him.” Spoke the nikto in a slightly annoyed voice.

“Ah sorry mate, immediately’s too soon. I’ve got something else planned first.”

“It will have to be put off. Jabba is ready to speak now.”

“Ahright fine.” He said.

Just then the three crew members walked through the door.

“See ya around Smug.” Rana said as they walked past Jakyr and the nikto.

“Hey, can one of you go pay my bill for me, this strapping young fella here is taking me to meet with some all important slug who can’t seem to wait.” Jakyr said quickly before they got away.

Amela was the first to speak up, “Sure thing Smug, and tell the slimey dustball that he needs to learn some patience.” She said with a grin.

“I’ll be sure he gets your message Am.” He said grinning back and tossing her the payment.

“Now, if you’ll follow me.” said the nikto getting very annoyed now. He quickly turned and marched in the opposite direction.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 07:36:42 PM »

:: Shriah Tharn, Human Mercenary/Bounty Hunter ::
:: Mos Eisley Spaceport, Tatooine ::

The trip from Nar Shadaa was short and uneventful, but as Shriah brought her HWK-290 freighter, called the Tempest, into final approach at Mos Eisley Docking Bay 308, she wondered just what kind of job Jabba needed her for. As soon as the ship touched down, Shriah noticed the lithe form of a purple skinned Twi'lek female in an unzipped mechanic's jumpsuit move toward the ship. Shriah's lips curled slightly at the of the woman as she powered down the ship. The Twi'lek was quite possibly the closest thing to a friend Shriah had, so coming to Mos Eisley to see her was always something she could enjoy.

The Tempest's ramp lowered and Shriah stepped down, still fully clad in her armor. The Twi'lek moved toward her a smile on her face.

“Well, long time no see, Hon.” the woman said, “oh come now take that thing off your head and let me get a look at you.” Shriah studied the woman's face and something she had not seen before stuck out like a sore thumb. A slash running from just below her right eye and down to her collarbone. Shriah grabbed the woman's chin and turned her head to get a better look at the wound.

“Did HE do this, Cora?” she asked, furious.
“Easy girl,” Cora said, “It wasn't-”
“Then who?” Shriah interrupted, “Don't tell me it's work related. I know a knife wound when I see one.” The Twi'lek sighed as she realized her friend was now out for blood.
“Luv, please. It wasn't him.” the woman said, “Trelo owed Jabba some money and one of his goons did this and gave him a week to pay up.” At that moment Trelo, a short Rodian and owner of Docking Bays 306 through 312 appeared wondering about the shouting. As soon as Shriah saw him she drew her vibroblade, sidestepped around Cora and swiftly closed the distance to the Rodian.

“How much do you owe the Hutt?” she asked pointing the weapon at his face.
“2500 Credits.” Trelo answered as he tried to keep from soiling himself.
“Idiot! YOU let them do that to Cora!” she spat, “I aught to gut you where you stand! Lucky for you I'm going to meet with Jabba, so I'm paying your debt to him, for Cora's sake, but you will owe me after. If you EVER let anything happen to Cora again, so help me I'll skin you alive!” At that moment Trelo failed to keep from soiling himself and from behind her helmet Shriah looked on in disgust.

“From now on pay your kriffing debts!” Shriah turned to Cora and motioned for her to follow. The pair retreated into the Tempest.
“So you're not keeping to the maintenance routine I drew up for your I see.” Cora stated, as she looked around the ship.
“Most of the damage is less than a month old,” Shriah answered, “besides, you'll fix her up better than I ever could.” Cora looked around a bit more, fiddling with some exposed wiring here and there.
“So you gonna take that bucket off your head, or do I have to keep talking to a face plate?” Shriah sighed and removed the helmet, “There you are Hon. You know it's gonna take a while to sort through all this. You free for supper? Max will be happy to see you.” Shriah pull her Verpine shatter rifle and a leather rucksack from their respective stowage compartments.
“Don't know. It'll depend on the Hutt and what he wants me for. Anyway, I better get moving. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to see you later.” Shriah began to move passed Cora and reached around pulling a datapad from the Twi'lek's  back pocket causing her to jump and let out a squeal. “There docking fee is all set up” Shriah remarked handing over the datapad and leaving the ship.
“Cheeky!” Cora shouted down the ramp.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 05:02:15 PM »

Jakyr has been following the Nikto for a bit, and they did not seem to be headed towards the outskirts of the city or somewhere where they would find speeders. It was a warm day, well, warmer than usual, and Smug was ready to be done for the day. His patiences was quickly wearing thin, and the Nikto had not spoken a word to him since they had left the hanger.

“Where are we going?” He finally asked the alien.

“I have another stop to make before we head to his majesty’s palace.” The Nikto replied.

“And you couldn’t have done this before you found me?”

“No.”

“I thought Jabba was ready to meet me now?” Jakyr said clearly letting his annoyance show.

Just then the Nikto stopped in front of a building. Jakyr glanced up at the sign above the door. He hadn’t realized where they were.

“The Rum Jungle.” He muttered. “Your other stop is a cantina? You took me away from my appointment because it was more important for me to meet with Jabba, but you don’t even go to Jabba, you go out for a drink? Could’ve at least told me beforehand.”

“I am not here for pleasure. I have been ordered to pick up another operator.” Replied the Nikto. “You are welcome to follow me inside, or you can wait here. It should not be more than a few minutes at most.”

Jakyr considered for a few moments then made his decision. It would be easy to pass the time wandering in the market nearby, but he would inevitably find something he would want to purchase, and he did not have the credits on him at the moment to buy anything. Especially at the price they would be sold for. Plus, it would be good to get out of the hot sun, even if only for a few minutes.

Smug nodded towards the Nikto and made to follow him inside. He did not get the chance however, because before they made it inside, the Nikto spotted a Duros sitting under the awning outside. Jakyr looked the Duros and his apparent protocol droid over as the Nikto went to and spoke to them. The Duros was fairly average looking for his species. Still taller than Jakyr, but not by a whole lot. He could tell the alien was experienced though. And his droid looked to have been modified a fair bit. It was likely that Jakyr could have taken them out if he needed, but he was hoping that he would not need too.

The Nikto quickly returned with the Duros and his droid. Smug had not listened to what was said, but he decided it might be a good idea to attempt a positive relationship with the Duros, rather than one of enmity.

“Name’s Jakyr. My friends call me Smug.” He said in greeting as they started to walk again, then without waiting for a reply he continued, “This young nikto here came from Jabba and wouldn’t let me be until I met with him. I assume you’re here for the same reason? I hope it doesn’t take too long.”

They rounded a corner and spotted a sail barge with two more of Jabba’s henchmen. Another nikto and a Weequay.

“Let’s go, Jabba is waiting.” The Nikto said when he noticed Smug and the Duros had slowed.

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 07:20:10 PM »

Shriah was thankful her armor had environmental controls hardwired into it, but even so Tatooine harsh climate would eventually prove hard on her equipment. She knew she probably looked out of place wearing full body armor and a rusty brown duster, but she was not one to care much what others thought of her. She watched as some individuals approached the cantina across the street, a human and a Nikto she recognized as one of Jabba's men. They seemed to speak with a Duros and what looked like his protocol droid.

Once the group began to move she followed behind them, curious as to whether or not they were a part of Jabba's job for her. She frowned at the thought, since she hated working with others. She followed them around a corner and saw one of Jabba's sail barge's. She kept her hands loose but ready, just in case something went wrong. She slowed her pace as the others did and finally stopped a couple meters behind them.

"Heading to Jabba's?" she asked, "He's got business with me."

Rough Knight
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 07:17:23 PM »

::Darj Rummun, Duros Pirate::
::Rum Jungle Cantina, Mos Eisley, Tatooine::

As Darj slowly finished his ale he noticed a couple of passers by in the street turn towards the cantina. A Human and a Nikto, the Human didn’t seem in the best mood but the Nikto didn’t seem to be particularly bothered about it, instead he walked away from the Human and straight up to Darj. Aysix noticed and also started to head over to the front of the cantina.

“You are the Duros Rummun?” the Nikto demanded.

“I may be.” was Darj’s automatic response.

“I am instructed to take you and your droid to an audience with his eminence Jabba the Hutt”
the Nikto continued.

“Well it is about time you got here, I was nearly forced to have another one of these awful ales”
Darj said as he got up, shouldering his scattergun and satchel.

The Nikto who seemed particularly humourless simply said “follow me we have transport nearby”.

Darj and Aysix followed the Nikto as did the Human who had previously been accompanying him.
“Name’s Jakyr. My friends call me smug” The Human said by way of introduction. “This young Nikto here came from Jabba and wouldn’t let me be until I went with him. I assume you are here for the same reason? I hope it doesn’t take too long.”

Darj regarded Jakyr, he was on the taller side for a human and a bit lean and scruffy. To the Duros however he gave the immediate impression of being a spacer, his clothes stained with grease and coolant was part of it, but it was the attitude, walk and way he spoke that made it clear.
“Im Darj. One of Jabbas guys a Twi’Lek named Umot brought me and my droid here from the Elrood sector apparently Jabba has a job needs doing, good pay or so I’m told.”

As they spoke, they walked around a corner where a skiff was moored with a Weequay and another Nikto in attendance. The Skiff had a raised bow with a couple of carbon scars from blaster fire and a tan awning that covered the after part and steering console, to Darj it gave it the appearance similar to  the sail barges that were used on Tatooine and elsewhere.

Let’s go, Jabba is waiting” barked the first Nikto.

“Heading to Jabba’s, he’s got business with me.”

Darj and Jakyr turned to find a female human standing not far behind, she wore full armour and was carrying a sniper rifle. To Darj she looked like a merc or possibly a bounty hunter. The Duros reminded himself that all of the systems where he had previously been wanted had gone over to the Confederacy and that there were now no bounties on his head, if there had been he would not have left Kidron.

“you will want to talk to him then” said Darj inclining his head towards the Nikto.

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 07:29:50 PM »

Shriah looked at the Nikto the Duros indicated, then stepped forward toward the man in question.

"You the one called Tharn?" the Nikto asked roughly, looking Shriah up and down. Shriah dropped her leather backpack and laid the shatter rifle down on it, she body language hinting toward violence.
"I am." she answered,"The Rodian Dockmaster Trelo owes Jabba 2500 credits, I have the payment. However, he'll need to give me the name of the one responsible for cutting up Trelo's head mechanic in exchange for the payment. Unless, you happen to know who did it."

Shriah left her hands loose but ready to draw weapons if things happened to go that far.

"Couldn't tell you that." the Nikto replied, "What's it to you anyway?"
"Well, even if you were telling the truth, you undoubtedly can inform him that he's a dead man. Now if there's nothing else we shouldn't keep your boss waiting."

Rough Knight
Knight Major

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 07:59:17 PM »

:: Mos Eisley, Tatooine::

Darj and Jakyr watched the female human have it out with the Nikto from a few meters away. For his part Darj wouldn’t have minded seeing the situation escalate into a fight, but the Nikto merely shrugged and both he and the human boarded the skiff followed by Smug and finally Darj and Aysix.

The Nikto and Weequay crewmembers who where already onboard wasted no time in getting the skiff started. Darj looked around and there were some crude seats, more like shelves welded to the inside of the skiff’s bulwark. The Duros wiped away a thick layer of sand and sat down. He looked towards the mountains to the North that the skiff was headed towards.

“So how long is it going to take us to get to this palace” he asked the Weequay who was standing nearby.

“An hour or so was the reply, depends what the passes are like up by Mesra, been some trouble up that way.”

The human female gave a grunt at this statement and looked towards the mountains with a scowl. 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Darj asked Jakyr who had taken a seat nearby.

Before Jakyr could answer the female came over she put her hand up to a pair of blaster holes that were scorched through the skiffs awning.

“It means the Tusken raiders are shooting up anyone going through the Mesra pass again that’s what it means”.

“They have been doing more than their usual sniping lately” said Mippen.“I heard they have been raiding right up into Mos Taike and slaughtered a big caravan of Jawas out west of Anchorhead ”.

Darj and the two Humans looked toward the mountain again, already it was much nearer. “I have observed the damage from twenty-two blaster hits on this skiff” said Aysix “I think I shall ready my weapon”.

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 03:54:17 PM »

:: Skiff enroute to Jabba's Palace, Tatooine ::

Shriah gave an approving nod to the droid. Not as dumb as it looks, she thought. Shriah went through the motions of checking over her own weapons, knowing full well they were, in fact, fully charged and ready for action.

"The droid's right," she said cradling her rifle, "You should get ready." She turned to Mippen then.

"You mentioned Jawas being killed near Anchorhead, was that about three months ago?" she asked, watching the mountains, "If it was, that was me, not Tuskens."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 04:59:34 PM »

:: Skiff enroute to Jabba’s Palace, Tatooine ::

Jakyr hadn’t paid a whole lot of attention to the new girl. She had an air of haughtiness about her, and it seemed that whatever reason she had for meeting with Jabba was none of his business. Even when he spoke up about the attack on the Jawas, he hadn’t given it much mind other than as a random comment. However, when she addressed him directly, he figured he’d better reply.

“No, this was less than a week ago.” He said, starting to get a bit anxious and looking around. They were almost to the pass now and something was off, he could tell. Turning to the duros he spoke using an old smuggling code to signal that they were surrounded.

“I’ve heard a rumor going all around that a duros and his droid had been causing trouble. You wouldn’t have happened to have been up to somethin' crazy, would you?”

Jakyr did not know if the Duros would get the message, but he had given the warning. Now it was up to Darj to take care of himself.

There was not much in the way of protection on the skiff, so Mippen didn’t get up and move right away. He was hoping Jabba’s men would have enough sense to head for cover if the sandpeople started firing, but he had long since learned not to put too much faith in others when their lives were in danger.

For the moment, he would leave his pistols where they sat, but he adjusted his blaster rifle into what looked like a more comfortable position. Mostly he just needed it in a more easily accessible place should things get hot.

Jakyr had not technically “warned” the female, but they also had not yet been properly introduced, so as of right now, she did not matter. Though if she knew the code, she could easily guess the meaning. Plus, she at least acted like she could handle herself, and by the way she was looking over her weapons seemed to be ready for something to go wrong.

Looking at the skiff floor, he sighed and mumbled, “I hate when things go wrong.”

Various and Sundry NPCs
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 06:29:09 PM »

::Jabba's Palace, Tatooine::

A small team of security personnel made their way to Jabba's chambers. Upon entering, the leader spoke up to the Hutt boss.

"Jabba sir, the skiff is approaching with those you requested. Shall I have them meet in the throne room and await your arrival, or did you have something else in mind?"

"No, the throne room will be fine, Commander. I shall be there momentarily to await them," came the Hutt's reply, spoken in the common Hutt language. "And Commander, they are to be watched closely, bring them straight to the throne room, and do not allow them to leave until I dismiss them. You are dismissed."

The security head simply bowed. "As wish sir. I'll see you in the throne room."

He motioned to the other guards and led them out. The small team walked through the palace, and to the hanger bay where the skiff was approaching, awaiting the small transport to make its landing....

Rough Knight
Knight Major

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 07:14:10 PM »

::Skiff travelling to Jabbas Palace, Tatooine::

The skiff raced across the desert at high speed weaving between rocky out crops, that protruded from the sand like grim scouts for the mountain range that towered above to their left. The ground undulated and on emerging from a dune swale, the crew and the passengers sighted a column of oily black smoke rising up from the mouth of the pass. As the skiff approached the crew and passengers saw the burnt out remains of a speeder and Bantha tracks all around it in the sand. 

“I’ve heard a rumour going all around, that a Duros and his droid had been causing trouble. You wouldn’t have been up to somethin’ crazy would you?”

Darj immediately recognised Mippens message using an old smugglers code and the Human female seemed to as well. For a moment he wondered if the skiffs crew were taking them into a trap, it seemed unlikely though as they were clearly nervous and the two Nikto muttered furtively in their own language to one another.

Darj stood up “that must be some other Duros, me and Aysix are always doing something crazy but we only landed this morning” he said with a wink.

Checking his ACP blaster he took a few steps towards the rear of the skiff where the Weequay was steering, causally the Duros glanced at the control screen that was mounted on a metal post near the steering array. The screen showed a map with a path plotted to Jabbas Palace and as he looked at it a message flashed up instructing the skiff to head to the hangar bay on arrival. The ETA was shown as just over half an hour. Oh well at least they should be able to come and find us if things go wrong Darj thought. Why they couldn’t have flown directly to the palace on a transport however was a mystery.

The skiff was in the pass now and as Darj turned back towards Mippen, Aysix and the human Female who were standing towards the bow. As he turned the Duros saw a flash of light and a burst of dust high above on the rocks to their left. A moment later the “Wump!” of an explosion was heard and a number of large boulders were tumbling towards the pass ahead of the skiff.

The Weequay saw the danger and sped up taking the skiff close alongside the rockface on their right. It seemed they would just have room to avoid the boulders. Ahead of them beyond the boulders the pass curved to the left and there standing on the rocks directly in front was a group of Sand People, by moving the skiff to the right to avoid the boulders the Weequay had positioned it in a perfect position to be targeted by the group.

Even as Darj shouted a warning a ragged volley sounded from the rocks ahead. There were evidently a mixture of weapons as a blaster bolt raced just over his head and a projectile from a slugthrower ricocheted off Aysix’s shoulder with a ‘clang’! Darj was unable to bring his weapon to bear as the other passengers and Niktos were ahead of him. “Frak!” he said, “ I knew I should have stayed on Kidron!”

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 06:37:42 AM »

:: Skiff en route to Jabba's Palace, Tatooine ::

Shriah recognized the coded speech of the male human and rolled her eyes. Her former partner had taught it to her but she still preferred to be more direct. Still, she already guessed the Sand People had them surrounded. They were entering an ideal ambush sight, afterall. She looked at the human and cradled her shatter rifle in the low ready position.

“Things haven't gone wrong, yet,” she corrected, “even if the Tuskens do attack, we'll have only have to kill a few before they run off. They tend to scare easily in small numbers.”

The explosion drew her attention then, instantly spotting the incoming fire and hearing a slugthrower round strike nearby. Shriah flicked the rifle's safety off, aimed and fired at the first target she found, hitting the Tusken in the face. She moved to the next an fired, but the Tusken had ducked fast enough that the round shattered a sizable portion of rock where he had been. She then heard the Duros speak of staying on Kidron.

“Then you'd've missed all this fun,” Shriah said, firing again and tearing off a Raider's arm. A blaster shot hit the left side of Shriah's helmet and she dropped to her right knee. The heads up display in her helmet was disrupted for a moment. She tasted blood, realizing that she'd bit her tongue, she cursed aloud.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2020, 04:16:20 PM »

:: Skiff enroute to Jabba’s Palace, Tatooine ::

The female made her reply saying how nothing had gone wrong yet, but a split second later, an explosion rocked the skiff.

“Told’ja.” Smug said, cracking a smile.

The female showed her skill with her rifle by blasting one of the tuskan’s in the face, and Jakyr could hear Darj cursing behind them. They were close enough now to the group of tuskans in front of them that Jakyr’s pistols would be within range for accuracy. He quickly drew them, and dropped to one knee for better balance on the careening transport.

Taking aim at the rocks were the sandpeople had disappeared behind, he waited for them to rear their masked heads. He had counted seven in the group, with more around and on the walls of the canyon. With one being already dead, that left six here for them to deal with.

One stood up and tried to sight with his slugthrower, but Jakyr was too fast for him. The tuskan barely had the rifle to his shoulder when two rapid blasts from Mippen’s DC-17s hit him in the shoulder and chest.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the driver take a slug in the shoulder, knocking him off the skiff and making it go out of control. The slug came from the cliff tops, and there was not a whole lot they could do about them unless Darj or his droid was watching waiting to counter-snipe them.

Quickly holstering one blaster, he dove for the controls hoping to regain control of the skiff before it crashed with them on it.

Rough Knight
Knight Major

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2020, 10:05:28 PM »

::Skiff en route to Jabba’s Palace, Tatooine::

Darj watched the two humans answer the raiders fire with accuracy, causing them to take cover. The two Nikto crew members had manhandled some sort heavy blaster on to a mounting on the skiff’s rail, however one of the first shots from the Sand People had hit either the blaster or it’s mounting and the Niktos fussed about it trying unsuccessfully to bring it to bear. How they hadn’t been hit was a mystery to Darj, if they had been carrying a cargo of crates rather than heavily armed passengers they would likely be both dead by now. For a moment it looked like the human female had been badly hit by a blaster shot. Luckily it was either a glancing shot or else her helmet was a very good piece of armour. The human was knocked onto one knee, but she seemed to shake the blaster hit off quite quickly.

Suddenly the skiff lurched to one side and Darj turned around to see the Wequay who had been steering tumble over the side. looking further over the side the Duros was in time to see a raider on the ground club the Weequay across the head, before he could bring his gun to bear the skiff lurched again and when Darj looked up he caught a glimpse of the Weequay being dragged off into the rocks.

A blaster bolt thudded into the deck by the Duros’s right foot and he looked up to see three or four more Sand People sniping at them from the cliff top. The range was too great for Darjs weapon to be of any effect but Aysix had seen them also and unleashed a stream of heavy blaster fire. Darj didn’t see any of the shots hit but the Sand People were forced to take cover which was good enough in the circumstance. Looking at the droid, Darj saw that Aysix’s right arm was locked at an odd angle probably by a dent or slug at the shoulder joint. Fortunately the droid was still able to handle his heavy blaster effectively using one arm, not may organics could do that.

A moment later an odd hooting screeching noise grabbed Darj’s attention. The Duros spun round and saw two yelling Sand People leap off the rock overhang the skiff was passing under. They were clearly aiming to jump onto the stern of the skiff where Mippen was now at the steering control. Without thinking Darj fired his scatter-gun from the hip, momentarily the air in front of him blurred as it was filled with accelerated particles accompanied by their distinctive ripping sound. The blast struck one of the raiders square on almost cutting him in half. The remains were flung backwards where they breifly became entangled on one of the skiff's stabiliser vanes. The second raider was at the edge of the particle spray but was either unnerved or wounded sufficiently by it that he crashed into the side of the skiff and fell to the ground.
Mippen gave Darj a smile and thumbs up and Darj nodded in return. He wondered if the human realised that if the Tuskens had landed on the deck by the control station the Duros would have fired just the same, likely killing all three. If the Raiders had taken control of the skiff, even briefly and run it into the open area away from the cover of the overhang, the future of it’s crew and passengers would likely have be very short and probably painful.

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 05:46:42 AM »

:: Skiff en route to Jabba's Palace, Tatooine ::

Shriah recognized the report of a shotgun being fired. She turned just in time to see a pair of Tuskens falling from the skiff. She gave the Duros an approving nod.

"Funny," she said flatly to the human, aiming her rifle and shooting twice more. One shot struck a raider's chest turning it inside out and the other seemed a deliberate wounding shot as it tore off the Tusken's leg. He fell from the cliff and landed with a sickening thud onto the skiff. The raider wailed pitifully in pain, but only for a moment as Shriah was beside it quickly pulling her vibroblade from her boot and slicing its throat. Blood sprayed across her armor and the skiff. If the others could have seen she face beneath her helmet they would have noticed her smiling as she was enjoying herself ending the lives of the Tuskens immensely.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: