Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Clone Wars RPG Tatooine/Hutt Space  (Read 7133 times)
Rough Knight
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2020, 08:47:54 PM »

::Darj Rummun, Duros Pirate::
::Skiff en route to Jabba’s Palace, Tatooine::

In the middle of the skiff the Human female seemed to be doing a single-handed job of dealing with the raiders. She had nodded to Darj after he had seen off the two that had been trying to jump aboard and as the Duros watched she shot another and wounded one after that, who fell onto the skiff where she efficiently finished it off.

Mippen pulled the skiff in tightly against the over hanging cliff wall on their right-hand side, expertly he steered along at speed, only centimetres from the rocks. On the left-hand side, the raiders that had moved in amongst the rocks dislodged in the explosion at the start of the attack appeared to be retreating.
After sixty or seventy meters the cliff face bent around to the right and the pass opened up into its Western entrance. Mippen used the slight undulations of the dunes, running the skiff through the dead ground. The occasional long-range shot passed overhead and the female Human returned fire, Darj couldn’t see the results of her shooting from where he stood but it was obvious the raiders were in retreat.

Walking up to Aysix, the Duros had a look at the droids damaged shoulder. Without commenting the droid passed Darj a miniature hydro-spanner and it was only the work of a few seconds to take the top section of bent shoulder-plate cuff off. A slug had dented it but fortunately not pierced it and the joint, conduits and servos seemed intact. Darj handed the shoulder plate back to Aysix, the droid had some small tools to straiten it out and when he had repaired it Darj would put it back on for him.

Just then a raised voice caught Darj’s attention.

“Where’s Giwn?!”

The Duros turned to see one of the Niktos, the one that had collected them at Mos Eisley, standing next to Mippen who was still steering the skiff. The Nikto was plainly angry, which to Darj was strange as the three passengers had effectively just saved his life.

Mippen clearly wasn’t expecting this either, and before he could respond the Nikto growled again

“Where is he?!”

Presumably the Nikto was referring to the Weequay. Instinctively Darj turned toward the Human female, she had put her rifle across her back and had been cleaning her knife when the altercation had started, but now she was clearly focused on the Nikto. Darj figured that the Nikto probably had about a second to live and as killing the skiffs crew was hardly likely to endear the three passengers to their new employer, he was going to need to do something about it. It was not easy to convey the message as Duros didn’t naturally use facial expressions to convey meaning, but Darj lifted his hand slightly in the hunters gesture for wait, and did his best to frown and look at the Nikto as if to say to the female Human “give Mippen a chance to sort this out, but if he tries anything he’s all yours”.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1968

Lord of the Force

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 06:23:00 PM »

:: Jakyr Mippen, Human Smuggler ::
:: Skiff enroute to Jabba’s Palace, Tatooine ::

Jakyr could hear the sounds of continued fighting behind him as he steered the skiff towards the cliff wall, but his concentration was fully needed to avoid the many obstacles. Within moments they were out of the pass and onto the open dunes. He could still hear the sounds of slugs slamming into the hull and passing overhead. The many dunes were a blessing in that sense, as he was able to use them for cover until they were effectively out of range.

Soon enough he was able to slow the pace a bit and relax as the others behind him started dealing with the effects of the battle. He could hear the duros and his droid communicating as they fixed the droid’s damaged shoulder piece. Out of the corner of his eye he could see one of the niktos scanning the small skiff they spoke up.

“Where’s Giwn?” A short pause as the tension rose once again.

“Where is he?!”

Jakyr could tell from the looks and glances between himself, Darj and the female that he needed to work this out before the nikto or the female started anything. It made sense why the nikto would want an answer from him. When the battle started, the weequay had been piloting, but now he was. It probably looked to the nikto like Mippen had thrown the weequay off the skiff and taken his place.

“He was killed by the Tuskans. Took a slug to the shoulder and was knocked off the skiff. I jumped in to take the controls before we careened out of control.” Smug spoke quickly. The nikto did not seem to believe him.

“Look, why would I want him dead. I’ve never even seen the weequay before today. I was just trying to keep us all from dying. I didn’t realized Giwn was so important, but there is nothing we can do about it now. Even if he survived the shot, the Tuskans would have killed him. And if we try and go back they’ll kill us too. There is not nearly enough protection on this skiff to mount an assault.”

It was obvious that the nikto knew that Mippen’s argument was valid, but he still looked angry.

“The mighty Jabba will hear about this, Giwn was a top lieutenant, and --”

The other nikto cut him off. “Let it go Kirix, you know as well as I do that the weequay are too plenteous, Jabba is always looking for ways to rid himself of them.”

“But he was a lieutenant …” he trailed off as the other shook his head.

“It doesn’t matter, Jabba will probably promote you for keeping these three alive. Also, we are being contacted to check our status.”

The first nikto looked as if he were about to say something else, but then decided to let it go. Before he could change his mind, the other nikto answered the comlink.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2020, 03:23:18 PM »

:: Shriah Tharn, Human Mercenary/Bounty Hunter ::
:: Skiff en route to Jabba's Palace, Tatooine ::

Shriah gave the Duros a quick nod, figuring that she knew what he had meant. She readied herself to plant the vibroblade into the agitated Nikto's back, her left hand hovering beside the holstered blaster at her left hip. She was confident she could kill both of them if necessary and she silently wished for the chance. When the Nikto calmed down, the woman frowned.

"Consider yourself lucky," Shriah stated to the Nikto as she sheathed the blade, "the Duros just saved your hide."

Rough Knight
Knight Major

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 09:04:16 PM »

::Skiff en route to Jabba’s Palace, Tatooine::

“Consider yourself lucky” the Human said “the Duros just saved your hide”. It was true enough although the Nikto didn’t seem pleased about it, fortunately he had the sense to keep his mouth shut after his outburst to Mippen.

“I would say that your shooting and his piloting probably saved all our lives”. Darj said tilting his head in the direction of Smug.
“My name is Darj, by the way, spacer and trader in hard to find goods, that’s Mippen I only just met him so I will let him introduce himself”.

As Darj spoke, he regarded the two Humans, a good pilot and a ruthless fighter, one seemingly easy going and the other on a hair trigger. It had the makings of a decent if somewhat interesting team.

The two Nikto chatted over the intercom in Huttese, the one who had originally been on board the skiff politely took over the controls from Mippen and turned towards a canyon in the mountains. In the distance Darj could see what looked like one of the old monasteries that dotted the Galaxy. 

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 01:48:54 PM »

:: Jakyr Mipped, Human Smuggler ::

Darj started introductions with the female mercenary as the two nikto got the skiff back on track for Jabba’s Palace. When the duros opened the floor for Jakyr to speak, he did.

“Like Darj here said, my name’s Jakyr Mippen. My friends, or rather those who have gained my trust and respect call me 'Smug'. While by trade I’m considered a smuggler, I’ve done my fair share of just about everything. Just depends on what the job requires of me.” He said speaking to the female. “By your attitude and appearance, I’d guess you yourself are either a bounty hunter or a mercenary. I noticed you haven’t given us your name though.”

The rest of the journey to the palace was uneventful, and mostly consisted of the three of them and the droid checking over their various tools and some light conversation. It was not too long of a journey till they reached the palace now that they were through the canyon.

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2020, 03:32:38 PM »

Shriah listened to the two men introduce themselves and one thing clicked into place was the Duros. She had remembered something about a Duros named Darj with a bounty on his head, but since the war began and the system where the bounty had originated from had separated, that bounty no longer applied. Either way the Duros was wanted alive on the contract she had seen, so it was not of much interest.

"Correct, I haven't," Shriah answered, "and I'm not calling you that Mippen, but yes I'm a bounty hunter and occasionally a merc, whatever pays the bills. You can call me Tharn. Darj, huh? I seem to recall a Duros named Darj Rummun who had been wanted in several systems that now are part of the Confederacy. That wouldn't be you, by chance would it?"

Rough Knight
Knight Major

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 06:35:19 PM »

::Skiff travelling to Jabbas Palace, Tatooine::

Tharn's words came as a shock to Darj. He had known when he left the Elrood sector that there was a risk that he might be recognised by bounty hunters, but he had been fairly confident that when the bounty on his capture had lapsed he would soon be forgotten. The raiding of the Thallastran had been big news at the time but the Darj had assumed the war would have overshadowed his past. It seemed he was wrong however, particularly with this bounty hunter.

The Duros considered his reply for a moment as the skiff weaved through rocky outcrops that jutted through the sand. He noticed that some of the outcrops had turrets mounted on them and away to the right a cluster of landing bays nestled against a cliffside. One of the landing bays had an open side with the bow of a sail barge protruding out. Next to that was a hanger bay partially built into the cliff and this seemed the skiffs destination rather than the palace itself which was located just around the corner of the rocky cliffside. Looking at the handful of smugglers freighters, speeders and swoops around the hangar and landing bays Darj decided being upfront about his past would be the best course of action. The three passengers were, after all a smuggler, a bounty hunter and a pirate on their way to a meeting with a crime lord.

“Well,it seems my reputation proceeds me” said Darj with a manufactured smile. “I am indeed Darj Rummun and I did do a bit of work disrupting the supply lines of certain systems, back before the war made it a honest pastime.”Tharn tilted her head slightly, and Darj continued in a lower voice “the systems and governments that I was wanted by now no longer exist as such, so if you need to check your database you will see that there are no longer any bounties on me.”

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2020, 06:16:54 PM »

Shriah reloaded the shatter rifle and slung it across her back. She had considered removing her helmet to inspect the damage, but since its systems appeared to be functioning normally, she decided it could wait. She looked at the pair and thought that Jabba must have something very interesting lined up.

"No,"Shriah began to explain, "my database is up to date. You see, a man approached me a while back. He claimed to represent the owner of some ship called the Thallastran, thought he could hire me to bring in the ones responsible for raiding it. He sounded confident it was you whom had hit it. I turned him down as at the time I was after bigger fish, not to mention he wanted you alive." Shriah then retrieved her rucksack, which had luckily not fallen from the skiff.

"So, either of you worked for Jabba before?" she asked as she slung the pack over her shoulder, "I was kind of surprised he wanted me back so soon."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2020, 06:37:27 PM »

:: Jakyr Mippen, Human Smuggler ::

Smug listened just enough to learn anything that might be useful about the other two as they bantered back and forth. He didn’t care too much, but it was never bad to have a bit more information. He could see that they were nearing the palace, and he was ready to find out what this job was all about.

"So, either of you worked for Jabba before? I was kind of surprised he wanted me back so soon." Tharn asked as they started to slow.

“A couple times, usually pays well if you do the job correctly, but it isn’t always the nicest work.” Smug replied.

As soon as the skiff stopped, the three were ushered off and into the palace. There was a certain grime to the whole place that made Mippen uncomfortable, but he’d been in his fair share of grimy places, and this definitely wasn’t the worst of it. Still, he’d prefer to be back on the ship. At least here, he knew where the dirt came from. Mostly.

The throne room was as dark as always, but the usual assortment of unsavory characters and exotic dancers was mostly replaced by people who all looked to be some sort of smuggler or blaster-for-hire. Jabba hadn’t arrived yet though.

“Must be a pretty big job if he’s got this many of us here.” He said to the other two in a low voice.

Kaboose0008
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2020, 10:06:06 PM »

:: Jabba's Palace, Tatooine ::

Shriah gave a knowing nod to his reply to her question as they were lead to the throne room. As she slowly looked around the room she could recognize some of the faces from previous times she had been employed by Jabba, not to mention a few she had crossed paths with doing jobs with her mentor, Deacon.

"Could be, Mippen," she replied, "or maybe he's holding tryouts. Some of these idiots look like they don't know which end of the blaster is which. What's your take Rummun?"

Rough Knight
Knight Major

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2020, 06:40:51 PM »

:: Jabbas Palace, Tatooine::

Darj had be unusually quiet for the skiffs final run into the hangar and the short walk over to Jabbas Palace. Tharn’s tale of the ‘owner’ of the Thallastran was unsettling, the Frigate had been owned by the government of the Er’Kit System as part of it’s local defence force. Much more likely, was that the supposed 'owner' was an pirate and ex-crewmember looking for a share of the loot that was lost when the Republic task force finally caught up with the Thallastran. Darj was one of the few to escape with any credits but a good portion of these had been used up bribing the Nalroni security and setting up his new life on Kidron and he had no inclination to share what he had left with anyone.

“What’s your take Rummun?” Tharn’s question brought the Duros back into the moment. They were standing in Jabba’s throne room along with large assortment of heavily armed beings. “I think you could be right, some sort of tryout or open contract. It would have to be a huge job to warrant all of these guys”.

As Darj looked around the crowd he noticed some familiar faces and subtly pointed them out to Tharn and Mippen. “That Ishi Tib and those Weequays, over there, are part of the Ohnaka Gang over on Florrum and the Twi’Lek with the cybernetic arm that’s Brihinto he’s the current 2IC for Abav Ghart in the Isen System. The big Transdoshan behind the Gamoreans that’s Kraask he’s a merc, does a lot of dirty work for the Confederation.”

The Duros had the impression that both Mippen and Tharn knew at least some of those he had pointed out already, so he turned his attention to where some of Jabbas personal security detail were entering the throne room, presumably they would soon find out the reason they had been summoned here.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: