Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED removal on Initiate V4  (Read 994 times)
Dex_Meridian
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

Just a guy with a lightsaber, and some questions.

« on: January 22, 2020, 08:34:55 PM »

Hey folks, newbie question:

I've had my Initiate V4 stunt for a while and am finally going to start fiddling with the electronics. Naturally, I'm hesitant because I don't want to break anything if I don't have to, and I can't seem to find anything specific on how to remove my LED, being that this is a solid hilt without an MHS emitter.

Would I just remove everything from the pommel upward (battery pack, switch, LED)? And if so, how is the LED affixed inside? I know the switch is glued in, but is the LED just free floating or will I have to rough it up to remove it?

Thanks!

"Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The  future...the past. Old friends long gone."

Dark Initiate V4 - Adegan Silver (soon to be "Torment")

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 09:19:34 PM »

Hey folks, newbie question:

I've had my Initiate V4 stunt for a while and am finally going to start fiddling with the electronics. Naturally, I'm hesitant because I don't want to break anything if I don't have to, and I can't seem to find anything specific on how to remove my LED, being that this is a solid hilt without an MHS emitter.

Would I just remove everything from the pommel upward (battery pack, switch, LED)? And if so, how is the LED affixed inside? I know the switch is glued in, but is the LED just free floating or will I have to rough it up to remove it?

Thanks!

Hey Dex!

The LED in the V4s is free-floating and should slide right out.  the biggest issue I can think of would be the choke points, it may need to slide out the emitter.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Dex_Meridian
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

Just a guy with a lightsaber, and some questions.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 09:51:23 PM »

Fantastic, thanks Karmack. Now all I need is the courage to snip the wires and pry that switch out, haha

"Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The  future...the past. Old friends long gone."

Dark Initiate V4 - Adegan Silver (soon to be "Torment")

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 03:56:52 PM »

I already did mine. If the switch is removed it should slide out either direction. If the switch is installed you need to shake it out the blade holder. You can shake the whole aluminum housing assembly out then you can either snip wires and  change the whole assembly or unscrew the bottom from the housing and swap just the LED star with a bit of soldering.

The ones i have taken apart with resistor setups have had a resistor that would be suitable for any of the  single colors.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff