Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald driver mystery box  (Read 3230 times)
gerryr0w
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 22, 2020, 10:04:24 PM »

Hello all,

I just got my first mystery box saber and was happy that the card said I got a saber with emerald driver and rechargeable batteries. I went to a computer, connected the saber and it said I have an obsidian V3.  I was unable to change anything on the emerald tab of the launcher.  Upon further research I found out I had to connect the saber using a second USB on it but my saber only has one USB port.  I'm thinking I got a mislabeled saber. Anyone heard of this happening before? I emailed Ultrasabers but only got their automated response. I don't think I can complain considering I got a mystery box and got a saber with premium sound but I'm disappointed because I thought I had an emerald driver saber.

Thanks,
Gerry

EccOMyth
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 10:31:58 PM »

When you light up the saber is it just one solid color? Do you have it fade between two colors or such? Can you hit your button again to cause it to go into clash mode and go all flashy? These were things my Emerald Fulcrum came with in a MB i got. When i first fired it up it would fade between blue and green and had sustained clash when hitting the button again. I'm sure it's different for each one as they most likely play around with them to test them. When you pull the battery pack out you'll see a larger Sound board that is about the size of the battery pack. Then on the other side there should be a smaller one about half the size for the Emerald driver. Make sure to pull battery pack all the way out to look at both side or you might miss it.

"Well, I assure you, I see more grey than dark or light. I'm just a stubborn old man, tired of the foolishness of others."
―Jolee Bindo, to Revan, in the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk

*Sentinel v4 LE Windowed Stunt w/Orange Blade
*Fulcrum AV Emerald v3 w/Sound
*Aeon V5 LE w/Premium Sound and SRD
*Initiate v4 ~2020 Winter Raffle 2nd Place Prize Upgraded to Diamond

gerryr0w
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 10:50:04 PM »

When I turn it on there is only one color (red), there is no pulse of different colors. When I hit the button it does the clash sound but no flash. There is only one large board on the battery pack and nothing on the opposite side.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 12:08:26 AM »

Well, the Emerald driver (card) has nothing at all to do with sound, because it controls the LEDs and only the LEDs that light up the blade.  So either you got Emerald with sound and you aren’t finding the Emerald card, or you got a saber with sound (but no Emerald driver) and it got mis-labeled.  How about you take pictures of the innards and post them here, so we can all take a look?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

gerryr0w
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 12:28:19 AM »

The pic on the post below is the best i got right now. There is the one board on top and nothing on the bottom, just the battery compartment 

gerryr0w
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 01:05:59 AM »

https://ibb.co/xXX46mL

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 03:13:17 AM »

Yours looks to be only a sound card. Below is what an Emerald and obsidian v3 should look like:

The final tell would be if you removed the blade and tapped the LED module out of the top. If it has 8 wires attached, it would be an emerald capable LED module. If 6 or less, then you're out of luck.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

gerryr0w
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 04:12:32 AM »

OK, I got a mislabelled saber then.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 01:13:19 PM »

Yes, looks like you got a mislabelled saber. However, I would tell Ultrasabers and see if they can do anything for you. Be sure to add pictures of the card that came with the MB, stating that you should have an Emerald saber, and the picture of the electronics that you already posted above.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

gerryr0w
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 10:06:20 PM »

I emailed untrasabers but only gotten their automated response so far. 

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 02:19:09 AM »

Any update or news, Gerry? I'm sure you know but bc of the backlog, it may take em awhile to respond. I'd keep trying though. And in the meantime, enjoy your great pull!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

MugenRD1
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 10:27:42 PM »

Same thing happened to me.

Mystery $75 box and got a note saying emerald driver with rechargeable batteries.

Seems like Obsidian v3

gerryr0w
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 02:26:19 AM »

I emailed Ultrasabers over 3 weeks ago but I never got a response, just their automated reply. I am really disappointed with their customer service and that's too bad because I was planning on buying a saber with a diamond controller from them.  But after this experience I would be very apprehensive to spend any serious money with them.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 11:08:27 PM »

I emailed Ultrasabers over 3 weeks ago but I never got a response, just their automated reply. I am really disappointed with their customer service and that's too bad because I was planning on buying a saber with a diamond controller from them.  But after this experience I would be very apprehensive to spend any serious money with them.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but you do realize that this is a completely overwhelming time for them, right?  They’ve gotten over 30,000 (thirty THOUSAND) orders in a very short span of time, thanks to the ridiculous demand that popped up for all things Star Wars-related.  They are swamped, and they have definitely fallen short of their normal customer service levels, which are excellent, but there is a good reason; everyone is busting their humps trying to get orders out the door.

Again, it’s your money, so you get to choose where you spend it.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

gerryr0w
Force Sensitive

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 12:58:38 AM »

This was my first experience dealing with this company and the customer service provided to me was none. It has been over a month since I email them and I never heard back from them, at this point I don't expect them to respond at all.  I understand that they may be overwhelm by the amount of orders they got but that is not an excuse to for them to forget about customer service. Cyclops942 you said their customer service is excellent and that may have been your experience but it is not mine.  This wasn't the first email I sent to them that went unanswered, the first email I sent was a question as to another purchase I wanted to make from them, never heard a response to that email either.

Also, since I've emailed them I have received multiple marketing emails from them which I'm sure are manage by an outsource company.  Maybe they should have outsource their customer service also.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: