Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Graflex Clamp for Archon V3  (Read 1181 times)
Arendsdale
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 9

Hello There!

« on: January 24, 2020, 09:04:18 PM »

Just ordered a graflex clamp and card for my Archon V3! I've heard that they're a little difficult to get on the hilt and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Saber Arsenal:
Archon v3.1, Guardian Blue, V4 Sound (January 2020 Raffle Entry)
Dominix v2, Blazing Red, Stunt (January 2020 Raffle 4th Prize)
Dorinian, Arctic Blue, V4 Sound

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 12:03:50 AM »

This is EXACTLY the problem that I had.  Well with some "elbow grease," obstinance, and a couple of channel locks and pliers, I was able to get the clamp on.  One point that I found myself having to do: I had to turn the metal spacer facing the clamp with the open end out.  Also: the Graflex clamp has four "holes" where they would generally lock into a Graflex body; the clamps that I got had a metal lip on each "hole" so I ground them down (a dremel will work wonders).  However, with that done, the saber looked fantastic IMO!

Here are some pics that I've got:
With my Dark Sentinel v4

With my matching Apprentice shoto:

Just a bit of info: the Archon v3.1 has Obsidian sound, the illuminated AV switch, AS blade (looks great with my pearl-blue dayblade from one of the other guys), and the card is from Etsy.

This saber is my absolute favorite for cosplay (as evidenced by the pics above, along with the Apprentice shoto that complete my ensemble  Smiley).

Good luck and I'd love to see pics of your saber when you've completed your Graflex mod  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 12:04:52 AM »

From what I've seen, if the clamp isn't going to be altered to use with a micro switch for activation, you may only need to bend the clamp out to fit the barrel of the hilt and use slightly longer screws to hold it together.

EDIT: The clamp I purchased from TCSS already had the tabs ground down. Forgot many clamps will still have those tabs. Good catch.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Arendsdale
Knight Sergeant

Hello There!

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 01:15:29 AM »

This will be my first saber ever! I'm betting that the clamp will actually arrive before the saber (darn holiday ordering spree), but I can't wait to work on it!

TheDutchman, I also got a blue illuminated AV switch, and your saber looks fantastic! I ordered my clamp from Korabanth, and I messaged them and they said that they grind down the metal tabs before they ship it!

Chalion, I only plan on having it there as an aesthetic, I like the AV button's look. Where did you get the screws? Just a normal hardware shop?

Saber Arsenal:

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 01:21:41 AM »

Yup. Though, in looking at The Dutchman's clamp, his has the locking arm on it while mine doesn't. Mine is more like an Obi-wan style clamp and not a Graflex clamp.

Hmm, TCSS doesn't list my clamp anymore.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Arendsdale
Knight Sergeant

Hello There!

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 01:28:55 AM »

The one that I ordered has the locking arm as well, so I’m not sure if it’ll reach or not. I’m also thinking about adding some heat shrink material below the clamp and having it end right before the pommel.

Saber Arsenal:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: