Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED customisation  (Read 1170 times)
Strophicus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 25, 2020, 12:28:52 PM »

Hey all,

Looked around a bit and couldn't find anything about this. Quick backstory; bought a mystery saber a few years back, has Obsidian soundboard, Green LED with a White clash.
The LED is obviously capable of lighting both green and white, so is there a way I can switch the two so that the blade is white and the clash flashes green?

First post, lemme know if I did something wrong. Posted in rules first obv.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 01:37:20 PM »

Looks like everything is correct, and otherwise one of the moderators will probably help out  Wink

I have no exprerience in wiring sabers and stuff, but if I should guess. Just switch the wrires that control the white and green (if possible).
Here's a thread with (all) the wiring diagrams.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=42841.0;topicseen

Good luck and let us know if you've got it figured out.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 05:37:55 PM »

Problem is that the Green is the "always on" LED blade color while the white is the FoC. Reversing this SHOULD require a different resistor be used on the white LED. I've not modded an LED Module in this way so i'm not 100% i'm correct though.  From what I can see from the TCSS LED Calculator is that at 7.4v/1000mA, the difference is from 3.9 ohm 5W resistor for green vs 4.7 ohm 5W resistor for white. Both are sample XP-E2 CopperNova LED's (I don't know what LED UltraSabers uses, so I just used the worst variation of green and white LED's). UltraSabers doesn't have an LED calculator for their modules.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Strophicus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 08:13:48 PM »

Okay yeah for sure. Both of you guys have good points there, makes sense. So there's a chance switching the wiring could work, but the resistance might be wrong so I'd probably need some extra tools to help me out there rather than just caveman solder tactics.
If my curiosity eventually drags me down this particular rabbit hole I'll post an update.

Thanks for the positive input!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: