Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Noob questions about configuration and shipping  (Read 1093 times)
Purzelkater
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« on: January 26, 2020, 02:41:20 PM »

Hi there,

because my kids have entered a Saber Legion club recently I have to buy lightsabers now (and yeah, I'm happy about it). We want to buy some cheaper stunt sabers (without sound) first and look how it will evolves.

Well, now I have some questions about ordering/configuration und shipping.

1) If I look at the DARK INITIATE V5 it has a nice thick pommel with claw like frills around (it looks like the DOMINIX V5 POMMEL). Will this pommel be part of the standard DARK INITIATE V5 configuration? Or what do I have do select as pommel on saber configuration (because the DOMINIX V5 POMMEL is no option there, but the Regular Solid Pommel shown is not the right for this saber)?

2) When it comes to the brightness, how does a normal Guardian Blue or Blazing Red compares to a TRI Adegan Silver with color disc? I know a disc will reduce the brightness, but the TRI LED should be much brighter than the normal one LED.

3) Because the lightsabers have electronic components, does anybody know if the sabers and the boxes have so-called "CE conformity markings"?

4) I will have to pay customs duties, so how are the lightsabers declared? Electronic toys?

This should be all so far... I hope so. ^^

Thank you and kind regards,
Frank

The Fallen: Diamond RGBW, White Illuminated Black AV Switch, 36"
Spectre with Engraving: Obsidian V4, BVA / FoC MLS, 36"
The Butcher Staff: TA Silver + Color Discs + Quick Release Coupler, 2x32"
Aeon LE V5: Stunt, GB, 36"
Dark Initiate V5: Stunt, BR, 36"
Aeon V3: Stunt, CG, 36"
Aeon V3: Stunt, CG, 24"
Initiate V4: Stunt, BR, Windows,, 24"
The Dominix V2: Stunt, CG, 32"
Initiate V2: Stunt, GB, 24"

Yoma
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 03:05:36 PM »

Sup,

I can try and help with 1 and 4
1) The regular Solid Pommel is the regular pommel for the selected saber and also the one shown in the original saber pictures , so dw Smiley

4) When I got my FedEx Customs letter they had it listed as Toy !

Hope that somewhat helps.

dark side points, if any
Dominicide BR Obs V4
Aeon LE v4 GB Obs V3 (MB)
Standard Issue BR (MB)
Dark Apprentice V4 CG (MB)

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 04:03:44 PM »

Hi there,

because my kids have entered a Saber Legion club recently I have to buy lightsabers now (and yeah, I'm happy about it). We want to buy some cheaper stunt sabers (without sound) first and look how it will evolves.

Well, now I have some questions about ordering/configuration und shipping.

1) If I look at the DARK INITIATE V5 it has a nice thick pommel with claw like frills around (it looks like the DOMINIX V5 POMMEL). Will this pommel be part of the standard DARK INITIATE V5 configuration? Or what do I have do select as pommel on saber configuration (because the DOMINIX V5 POMMEL is no option there, but the Regular Solid Pommel shown is not the right for this saber)?

2) When it comes to the brightness, how does a normal Guardian Blue or Blazing Red compares to a TRI Adegan Silver with color disc? I know a disc will reduce the brightness, but the TRI LED should be much brighter than the normal one LED.

3) Because the lightsabers have electronic components, does anybody know if the sabers and the boxes have so-called "CE conformity markings"?

4) I will have to pay customs duties, so how are the lightsabers declared? Electronic toys?

This should be all so far... I hope so. ^^

Thank you and kind regards,
Frank

Hi Frank,
#2. The TriCree is "about" 15% brighter  overall but by using the discs, the color isn't as vivid as a regular guardian blue, etc.   These sabers are quite bright just as the standard blazing red etc so I think you'd be happy if you went that route, too.
#3. I'm guessing that bc it's classified as a "toy" the CE isn't an issue? I did a search of the forum and your question seems to be the only time it's come up...that in itself is odd bc usually there's tons of posts for just about every question ever asked! lol

I'd like to suggest that you consider mystery boxes for your initial purchase; unless you have your heart set on a certain hilt or color.  There's always a chance of a sound upgrade and it's always fun pulling it out of the box to see what you've scored.  Again, just a thought.

Hope this helps some. Maybe some of the overseas folks will chime in later on your questions. MTFBWY!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Purzelkater
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 06:28:12 AM »

Both, thank you for your answers, that helps me a lot. Smiley

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 01:17:11 PM »

Here's what I found on US's website in their FAQ section:

Is the silver with a color disc as bright as a normal single color?

No it’s not. If it was, we wouldn’t sell single colors. The light transmission through a color filter varies from 50% to 85% depending on color. Please do not order the Adegan Silver thinking that the light will be just as bright. We wish it was, but it’s not. In other words -If you want an Adegan Silver blade for its color -go for it. If you want an Adegan Silver blade for the color disks – we highly suggest a different color as you will be disappointed with what you receive.

The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Purzelkater
Knight Officer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 04:56:00 PM »

Here's what I found on US's website in their FAQ section:
Is the silver with a color disc as bright as a normal single color?

Yeah, that's right but only relates to the single LED. Because of this I had hoped the TRI Silver LED could be bright enough to get the same level as a normal colored LED (e.g. "TRI Silver + green disc" = "single green LED").

Chibinuva
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 01:50:30 PM »

Yeah, that's right but only relates to the single LED. Because of this I had hoped the TRI Silver LED could be bright enough to get the same level as a normal colored LED (e.g. "TRI Silver + green disc" = "single green LED").

So I just did the math and if triLEDs are 15% brighter, and silver with a color disk is anywhere from 50-85% the brightness of a regular color, then with the TRI silver it would be anywhere from  57.5% to 97.75% the brightness of the single color LED. Not sure which colors are brighter than others which regards to the color disks but hope this helps 😊

Purzelkater
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 07:57:51 AM »

Well, I have decided now to order just to simple single color stunt sabers for my kids and if they like them, I know a nice presents (FX version) for their next birthday.

For myself I have chosen to cancel all the math and give me a birthday present right now. It's a little early, actually, but with the current delivery times, that might even work out in the end.
So I have ordered a Diamond saber (I would like to have sound for mine, but it should have a mute option - and I don't want to cut and connect the speaker wires all the time Wink - so it must be Premium Obsidian at least. But then TRI Silver LEDs and color dics is no option anymore, because I would lose FoC. So I would have to take Emerald + Obsidian V4 to get RGB and sound... and then I can take the full package with Diamond too. I like my logic, hope my wife too. Cheesy )

Yoma
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 08:10:14 AM »

Well, I have decided now to order just to simple single color stunt sabers for my kids and if they like them, I know a nice presents (FX version) for their next birthday.

For myself I have chosen to cancel all the math and give me a birthday present right now. It's a little early, actually, but with the current delivery times, that might even work out in the end.
So I have ordered a Diamond saber (I would like to have sound for mine, but it should have a mute option - and I don't want to cut and connect the speaker wires all the time Wink - so it must be Premium Obsidian at least. But then TRI Silver LEDs and color dics is no option anymore, because I would lose FoC. So I would have to take Emerald + Obsidian V4 to get RGB and sound... and then I can take the full package with Diamond too. I like my logic, hope my wife too. Cheesy )

Excellent decision. Which exact saber did you choose if I may ask?
Post pictures once they come in!

dark side points, if any
Dominicide BR Obs V4
Aeon LE v4 GB Obs V3 (MB)
Standard Issue BR (MB)
Dark Apprentice V4 CG (MB)

Purzelkater
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020, 12:11:48 PM »

Which exact saber did you choose if I may ask?

Of course. ^^^

My son has chosen a Dark Initiate v5 with Blazing Red LED. Well, I had preferred the silver/black LE version but he wanted a full black hilt.
My daughter will get the Aeon LE v5 with Guardian Blue and I like the silver/golden style too.

And I have selected The Fallen. I like the silver/black combination and the overall style. Surprisingly the hardest decision was the AV switch. With a single colored blade it would be easy to select a switch with the right backlight. But now with RGB... First I had chosen the standard silver switch with no backlight, but finally I have selected the black AV switch with white backlight. I thing it should nicely visually hidden on the black grip and the if powered on the white glowing ring should look nicely on the grip.

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 12:33:29 PM »

Of course. ^^^

My son has chosen a Dark Initiate v5 with Blazing Red LED. Well, I had preferred the silver/black LE version but he wanted a full black hilt.
My daughter will get the Aeon LE v5 with Guardian Blue and I like the silver/golden style too.

And I have selected The Fallen. I like the silver/black combination and the overall style. Surprisingly the hardest decision was the AV switch. With a single colored blade it would be easy to select a switch with the right backlight. But now with RGB... First I had chosen the standard silver switch with no backlight, but finally I have selected the black AV switch with white backlight. I thing it should nicely visually hidden on the black grip and the if powered on the white glowing ring should look nicely on the grip.

Did you get the combat ready if you're planning on sparring with it, I hope?

The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

Purzelkater
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 01:10:04 PM »

Did you get the combat ready if you're planning on sparring with it, I hope?

Yeap, combat ready Fallen and Heavy Grade blades for all. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up