Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 32 or 36  (Read 1497 times)
Laptrico
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 27, 2020, 04:37:17 AM »

I'm getting a dual bladed lightsaber and I was originally planning on getting 32 inch blades but I've now heard that if you're over 5'5 you should be using 36? I'm 6ft incase anyone needs to know for their response.

But I've also heard that 36 inches is way too long considering the hilt length and your best bet is 32. What do you recommend? I want a decent length but don't want to snap a blade off my ceiling.

Keep on keeping on.

SoniKzone
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 10:20:56 AM »

I've got a staff with two 36" blades. I'm 5'10" and I rarely have trouble with it hitting the floor. However, I use them outside, so the ceiling isn't an issue for me. For you, it's really a matter of how low your ceiling is. Rest assured, though, you're very unlikely to break the saber against your ceiling.

A good indicator is that if you can touch the ceiling from the ground, it's not enough room. If you can jump and touch it, you need to be careful. If you can't jump and touch, you're safe (or you've got lead feet)

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 11:56:27 AM »

I'm also 5'10" and I'd never use 36" for a staff personally. Even for a single saber, I'd prefer the 32".
The less length you have, the brighter the blade will be and I think a staff is fine if it matches your height.
Staffs with 32" blades + hilt length will always exceed 6ft, no matter what hilt you use. That should be more than adequate.

As a side note, my staff is actually going to use 24inch blades and it should still be my height due to the hilt length I'm using. As a Jedi, the shorter blades are better for defense rather than offense.
I also think it looks better when I uncouple them to duel wield, as I don't like the look of 2 full sized sabers used together

-

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 12:09:10 PM »

I'm 5'10 myself and use 32" blades

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 02:05:07 PM »

6'7 (or 8 ) and I prefer the 32", not because of the ceiling but because a more relaxed spin. I don't have to constantly think about raising my arms because of the length and by not having to I can relax my shoulders way better.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:25:33 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Laptrico
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 03:23:51 PM »

Thanks for all the replies, it's helped a bunch! I'll definitely be getting 32 inch blades then! It's annoying you can't just buy spare 32 inch blades from the Saber parts section because I'd like to buy a heavy grade set aswell as a midgrade but if I want to do that I'll need to do custom and that's like £30 to £40 here not even including delivery for two tubes haha.

Keep on keeping on.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 03:26:25 PM »

Thanks for all the replies, it's helped a bunch! I'll definitely be getting 32 inch blades then! It's annoying you can't just buy spare 32 inch blades from the Saber parts section because I'd like to buy a heavy grade set aswell as a midgrade but if I want to do that I'll need to do custom and that's like £30 to £40 here not even including delivery for two tubes haha.
I think you can buy it from the Blades page.  Just order a "Full sized" blade in the type you want and in the order Comments, ask for it to be 32" instead of 36".  I'm positive US will accommodate that request

-

Laptrico
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 03:57:51 PM »

I hope so, I'll probably buy a set of 32 inch midgrades as they're cheaper and I'll jsut get heavy grade with the Saber itself

Keep on keeping on.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 04:00:57 PM »

When you select your blade type in the blades section it has a dropdown for 36" or 32". You can definitely get spares all you want there.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Laptrico
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 04:03:56 PM »

Yeah I literally just noticed that too, problem solved!
When you select your blade type in the blades section it has a dropdown for 36" or 32". You can definitely get spares all you want there.

Keep on keeping on.

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 07:53:22 PM »

Hi I have a duel saber/staff - dark sentinel v4.
I’m 5’7 and cut my blades down to 30”.
I have no problems with spinning or hitting the floor.
It’s easy to cut the blades down so go with a longer option and trim them down. You just need a pipe cutter to do it x

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 12:20:15 AM »

I may be misunderstanding you but you can buy standard 32" blades. First is the link for midgrade, 2nd is link for heavy.
https://ultrasabers.com/product/mid-grade-blade/

https://ultrasabers.com/product/heavy-grade-blade/

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: