Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy v3 pommel advice requested  (Read 1545 times)
Wamp Rat
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -5

« on: January 27, 2020, 09:34:24 AM »

I was planning to order a Prophecy v3. However I just noticed that the pommel is just a wide open hole and I'm not really liking that. As an alternative, I'm wondering if anyone has replaced the supplied pommel with perhaps an Overlord, a Manticore, or possibly an Emperor's Hand pommel? The other option is to have holes drilled in the pommel. But I would rather avoid the trouble. Any suggestions? If you have pictures, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance. Take care.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 10:33:06 AM »

Any of those pommels you mention would work. The manticore one will keep it close to the look of the original. The main reason they are better than drilling holes in an original pommel is that they are hollowed out before the vents so they act as a bit of an amplifying sound chamber . The original is a solid block so drilling hole still leaves it with out any type of resonance chamber.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 08:13:20 PM »

I was planning to order a Prophecy v3. However I just noticed that the pommel is just a wide open hole and I'm not really liking that. As an alternative, I'm wondering if anyone has replaced the supplied pommel with perhaps an Overlord, a Manticore, or possibly an Emperor's Hand pommel? The other option is to have holes drilled in the pommel. But I would rather avoid the trouble. Any suggestions? If you have pictures, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance. Take care.

In case you were wondering (like I was), the wide open hole presents NO danger of the internals falling out, but it does present a greater danger of some object (like fingers or thumbs) poking into the gap and tearing or puncturing the speaker’s diaphragm, which would be a real downer.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 09:54:23 PM »

In case you were wondering (like I was), the wide open hole presents NO danger of the internals falling out, but it does present a greater danger of some object (like fingers or thumbs) poking into the gap and tearing or puncturing the speaker’s diaphragm, which would be a real downer.

That would indeed suck, but you could always add a mesh over the hole to help with that. It won’t do much to the sound if you get the right one, and will help stop things from hitting the speaker. It won’t guarantee protection, but is certainly better than nothing.

Light side points when warranted

Wamp Rat
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 11:57:11 PM »

Awesome suggestions. I just really don't care for the look of the wide open holes on sabers. It just seems to take away from the whole presentation and makes the hilts look more like hollow pipes. Though this isn't bad for stunt/ dueling sabers, if it's for more of a display or hero look, I would want it to look complete.

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 02:06:23 AM »

I chose a manticore low based on recommendations from here

Lover of the light side

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 02:33:27 AM »

Awesome suggestions. I just really don't care for the look of the wide open holes on sabers. It just seems to take away from the whole presentation and makes the hilts look more like hollow pipes. Though this isn't bad for stunt/ dueling sabers, if it's for more of a display or hero look, I would want it to look complete.

If the saber and the pommel are black, you (almost) can’t tell there’s a hole there.  Their black anodizing is BLACK, by golly!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 04:43:43 AM »

I have both a Prophecy and Dark Prophecy and I went with two different options, both of which I like.  On the Prophecy, I went with a TCSS pommel (with grille insert) that basically mimics the look of an Overlord pommel (US was out of stock at the time) and it looks great.  On the Dark Prophecy I went with a black Emperor's Hand pommel which slightly concerned me regarding ease of removal, but it works perfectly and looks great too giving a super sleek low profile look.  I agree that the stock sound pommels that have giant holes are rather underwhelming and I always upgrade them, usually with UltraSabers pommels during the order process.  Anyway, there are many options that will look great on the Prophecy and either the Overlord or Emperor's Hand would be great options if you want to keep a sleek look.  Whatever you choose, you'll end up with one of the sweetest handling sabers in the lineup.  Enjoy!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 03:00:45 AM »

My Dark Prophecy sports a Consular pommel, Looks sharp

N9neRhymes
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020, 03:04:17 AM »

I went with the Dark Emperors Hand for my Dark Prophecy. It's very sleek looking, however it doesn't add any length to the hilt. If you have larger hands you may want to consider going for a pommel that will add an extra inch to the bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TizfzJUTbn4

This video at about 1:15 seconds will show you what the Emperors Hand pommell will look like on it.

Wamp Rat
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 11:15:50 AM »

Well, I couldn't make up my mind and ended up ordering both the Emperor's Hand and the Overlord thinking that I'll possibly use the extra on a different saber. But now that I looked at TCSS I'm really liking some of the different options there. And instead of the covertec wheel, I'm wondering how it would look with a D ring.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: