Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 865   Go Down
Author Topic: Post pictures of you and your saber!  (Read 2017494 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #10290 on: March 12, 2019, 06:33:28 PM »

CORRECTION: 3 & 4.

Hmm....   So he rebuilt his saber pretty much as it was ... or recovered it on Naboo? 

So why did he rebuilt it for Ep3?

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #10291 on: March 12, 2019, 06:57:49 PM »

Hmm....   So he rebuilt his saber pretty much as it was ... or recovered it on Naboo?  

So why did he rebuilt it for Ep3?

Kenobi lost his first saber on Naboo during his duel with Maul, his second lightsaber was based on his first design and he lost this second hilt when the Geonosians took it from him when he was captured (hence the reason the Jedi threw him a spare saber in the arena). Having lost his second hilt he then constructed his third and most famous hilt, the  Thin Neck. This was meant to be a more powerful/efficient design than he used for his first two sabers.

It has also been written (and  can be seen on an Obi-Wan figurine) that Obi-Wan for a time used Qui-Gon's hilt until he had opportunity to build his second hilt. This makes a total of four hilts Kenobi has reportedly used/owned as a Jedi. Five if you count the arena hilt!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10292 on: March 12, 2019, 07:17:28 PM »

OK, that makes sense.  For some reason I always assumed that he would have been able to recover his hilt on Geonosis.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10293 on: March 12, 2019, 07:24:48 PM »

Greats and discussion all around Logos and others. I agree and disagree with some of these last points.
As my interests and primary use of light sabers has mostly focused on martial aspects, I always had a problem with how clunky and ineffective most of the cannon screen accurate hilts would actually function as a weapon.
Activation boxes, am I right?

Now certainly there would be that intimate connection to the constructed hilt and even more so the crystal within. However, I picture your average “temple” Jedi as more a monk/bureaucrat/middle school teacher types- NOT a warrior class of killers such as Samurai or medieval knights. So in theory, a Jedi may in fact design a saber as a personal expression or look cool instead of being a functional weapon. Picture a decorative sword that a king might wear and would never make it to the front lines of a battle.
And yet again, I reference TCW XÞ. Jocasta Nu was no slouch with a saber when the shape shifter came to steal.......something. I believe all Jedi are trained to be proficient with a saber, just not all train to the level of weapons master.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #10294 on: March 12, 2019, 08:02:30 PM »

And yet again, I reference TCW XÞ. Jocasta Nu was no slouch with a saber when the shape shifter came to steal.......something. I believe all Jedi are trained to be proficient with a saber, just not all train to the level of weapons master.
Well, I think there was something extra special in that old librarian’s past to demonstrate such prowess with a saber. I reflect more on how the dozens, if not 100s, of soft Jedi got mowed down by bugs and battle droids in that ep2 arena scene. You can’t tell me all that cannon fodder had been studying up on their saber forms or blaster deflecting skills. Maybe they did enough to pass Jedi Gym class, but I never imagined the order as a warrior caste- at least not by what was portrayed in the prequels.

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10295 on: March 12, 2019, 08:06:14 PM »

It has also been written (and  can be seen on an Obi-Wan figurine) that Obi-Wan for a time used Qui-Gon's hilt until he had opportunity to build his second hilt. This makes a total of four hilts Kenobi has reportedly used/owned as a Jedi. Five if you count the arena hilt!

I've read about this too.  He pretty much put Qui-gon's hilt away for safe keeping after building the saber for episode 3.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10296 on: March 12, 2019, 08:12:44 PM »

I've read about this too.  He pretty much put Qui-gon's hilt away for safe keeping after building the saber for episode 3.
What was #5?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #10297 on: March 12, 2019, 08:19:16 PM »

And it was this story that led to an early theory that Luke used the green crystal from Qui-Gon's hilt to build his ROTJ thin neck.

Anyhoo back to saber pictures.

EDIT: Kenobi had two identical looking sabers like the one US builds (Ep 1 and 2) He also used Qui-Gon's in the comic books. He had the Thin Neck Ep3 and 4. The fifth hilt was the one that was thrown to him in the Geonosis arena (it looked like a Clan saber which was mentioned earlier)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10298 on: March 12, 2019, 08:48:54 PM »

EDIT: Kenobi had two identical looking sabers like the one US builds (Ep 1 and 2) He also used Qui-Gon's in the comic books. He had the Thin Neck Ep3 and 4. The fifth hilt was the one that was thrown to him in the Geonosis arena (it looked like a Clan saber which was mentioned earlier)

All of this

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10299 on: March 12, 2019, 09:11:10 PM »

And it was this story that led to an early theory that Luke used the green crystal from Qui-Gon's hilt to build his ROTJ thin neck.

Anyhoo back to saber pictures.

You are mistaken. If they were able to retrieve Maul's body, surely they were able to retrieve the saber. And don't say it would have been broken, because his saber survived the fall in ROTS.....twice.

My count stands:

1 - Ep 1 & 2
2 - Geonosis arena
3 - Ep 3 & 4
4 - supposedly Jinn's

Sig by For Tyeth

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10300 on: March 12, 2019, 09:19:41 PM »

Logos, I agree.   I would think that recovering his saber on Naboo wouldn't be that hard.  I only thought it was destroyed because for whatever reason I was thinking he had a different one in Ep2.  Knowing that he didn't it then follows that this was because he recovered his saber after the battle.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #10301 on: March 12, 2019, 09:34:22 PM »

Hello Logos and Karmack,

Taken from the StarWars.com Databank:
It Quotes:

During his years as a Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi fought with three lightsabers. His first had a blue plasma blade and a hilt similar to that of his master, Qui-Gon Jinn. Obi-Wan used this weapon until Darth Maul kicked it into a deep shaft on Naboo. He then constructed a new, blue-bladed lightsaber with a similar design. After attaining the rank of Jedi Master, Obi-Wan built a third saber, also with a blue plasma blade. He used this saber until he sacrificed his life aboard the Death Star, allowing himself to be struck down by Darth Vader so Luke Skywalker could escape.

The link to the page:
https://www.starwars.com/databank/obi-wan-kenobis-lightsabers

So this would mean Kenobi had three sabers he built and owned, plus he inherited Qui-Gon's hilt and used the Clan hilt thrown to him. But he did make TWO near identical hilts which are shown on the SWDatabank page.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #10302 on: March 13, 2019, 12:22:42 AM »

Thanks for the chuckle.
Then explain the vast differences between Qui Gon's and Obi Wan's, and Obi Wan's and Anakin's.

Because the practice wasn't compulsory...completely individual hilts were also common.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #10303 on: March 13, 2019, 01:42:13 AM »

Nothing wrong with a green blade Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Honbuna
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #10304 on: March 13, 2019, 03:47:15 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 865   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: