Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 865   Go Down
Author Topic: Post pictures of you and your saber!  (Read 2017458 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #7470 on: March 23, 2018, 11:39:10 AM »

For the record - This is a Dark Catalyst with Tri-Cree Adegan Silver, filtered to Sentinel Yellow using a double filter of Lee Yellow (765). The saber is equipped with an Obsidian Lite card, blue AV switch (black) and has a Scorpion pommel. 

Illyiss, I actually like the pommel a lot.  It adds just enough extra weight to counter-balance the blade perfectly when using 32" heavy-grade blades.  This picture was taken with a mid-grade blade btw. 

Honestly, it always annoyed me that LSG wrote Kimar's blade as yellow.   *sigh* 
If it's any consolation Karm, whenever I think/see/read about yellow blades I automatically associate them with you  Smiley

Red probably is more my color

Ok so, since all the Toys R Us stores will be closing soon, I’m going to share some of my pictures from my time there.  I worked there about two years, from seasonal cashier to a management position.  I tried my very best to make everything fun there for the customers, and to especially make the Force Friday’s memorable!

And of course this which feels tragically appropriate

Sam your dedication and just obvious love of SW and FUN is laudable  Smiley

...And it wouldn't be a Force Friday without a quality LR pic!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7471 on: March 23, 2018, 12:30:46 PM »

Call me crazy but an AS LED with a yellow filter looks better than an actual yellow LED.  The yellow led I saw had a green tint to it.
Yeah. Sad IMO the best SY is either filtered or full R+G on Emerald.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7472 on: March 23, 2018, 01:17:00 PM »

Yeah. Sad IMO the best SY is either filtered or full R+G on Emerald.

Agreed.  I tweak it a bit on my emerald driver, but even on Emerald there's a little bit of the red/green thing going on.  The filtered yellow is bright and lively and pure.  Love it.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7473 on: March 23, 2018, 02:14:38 PM »

Agreed.  I tweak it a bit on my emerald driver, but even on Emerald there's a little bit of the red/green thing going on.  The filtered yellow is bright and lively and pure.  Love it.  :-)
Yeah, at the base where the LEDs are at the highest intensity, you're going to get hints of red and green, but they mix well along the blade.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7474 on: March 23, 2018, 02:36:31 PM »

Yeah, at the base where the LEDs are at the highest intensity, you're going to get hints of red and green, but they mix well along the blade.
Very true.

One interesting thing I noticed about that: If you hold the blade out in front of you and look at it from the side, you can see a green line on the top of the blade and a red line on the bottom of the blade.  If you flip the blade over, the colors stay where they are.   Its a side-effect of the red-shift / blue-shift phenomenon caused by the prismatic effect of the blade itself. 

Sorry.  Science fascinates me....

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #7475 on: March 23, 2018, 02:39:04 PM »

For the record - This is a Dark Catalyst with Tri-Cree Adegan Silver, filtered to Sentinel Yellow using a double filter of Lee Yellow (765). The saber is equipped with an Obsidian Lite card, blue AV switch (black) and has a Scorpion pommel. 

Illyiss, I actually like the pommel a lot.  It adds just enough extra weight to counter-balance the blade perfectly when using 32" heavy-grade blades.  This picture was taken with a mid-grade blade btw. 

Honestly, it always annoyed me that LSG wrote Kimar's blade as yellow.   *sigh* 

Very nice!   And yeah, it was just too good a joke to resist the reference, as though it found someone who was worthy. Wink

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7476 on: March 23, 2018, 02:43:17 PM »

LOL  I know.  And it was an excellent poke!  :-)

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #7477 on: March 23, 2018, 02:59:25 PM »

so my friend's granddaughter had character day at school. guess I'm guilty of inspiring the little ones, not like that's a bad thing.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7478 on: March 23, 2018, 04:21:08 PM »

so my friend's granddaughter had character day at school. guess I'm guilty of inspiring the little ones, not like that's a bad thing.

Awesome!  Love it.  :-)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7479 on: March 23, 2018, 05:00:21 PM »

Inspire nothing. It's just and excuse to rock some kickass hardware. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7480 on: March 23, 2018, 05:36:27 PM »

Call me crazy but an AS LED with a yellow filter looks better than an actual yellow LED.  The yellow led I saw had a green tint to it.

Yellow LED's can be inconsistent as the Red/Green mixture is hard to master, which is why it's not offered as a standard colour.  Filtered with an AS LED is generally superior ... there are some really good examples here -

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38175.msg623011#msg623011

I've found the yellow filters to be the cleanest, most vibrant and brightest there is - just awesome.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #7481 on: March 24, 2018, 01:17:28 AM »

Had a little fun with some brief photoshop editing. Kind of a test of the waters if you will.

My character is the apprentice of Master Plo Koon so... yeah I love this one.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7482 on: March 24, 2018, 02:53:54 AM »

She's a cuite.
Nothing wrong with starting them early

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7483 on: March 24, 2018, 06:23:13 PM »

Great pics Sam, bB, and Saso, thanks for sharing!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #7484 on: March 25, 2018, 02:40:00 AM »

one of the latest recruits. Mara Jade w/ Aeon LE V2

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 865   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: