Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 865   Go Down
Author Topic: Post pictures of you and your saber!  (Read 2017652 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5175 on: January 05, 2017, 05:52:34 PM »

Great pics, LB and Zren.  Points, as usual.

I don't care what color the blade is, your spinning is always fantastic.  I don't know how you make it look so effortless to spin with both hands.

You and me both.  I've been wanting a Flamberge SE in CG for some time.
Thanks sfd, and I agree that spinning looks incredible and he makes it look so easy that I have to remind myself that, to his credit, there has probably been a lot of practice. I don't have many dueling opportunities where I live, so I really need to get into spinning.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5176 on: January 05, 2017, 06:03:57 PM »

Yeah, orbits/spinning is one of those things you can work on all by yourself in privacy.  In fact, when you're trying figure something out, it's probably best to do it in seclusion, so that nobody can ridicule you for messing up. Tongue I need to work on more of that myself.  Aside from looking cool, it also helps build spatial awareness and coordination with the saber.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #5177 on: January 05, 2017, 07:34:35 PM »

I've been at it about a year and some months.  You just have to put the effort in.  That and ask questions.  I literally learned from forum members.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #5178 on: January 05, 2017, 07:48:08 PM »

I've been at it about a year and some months.  You just have to put the effort in.  That and ask questions.  I literally learned from forum members.

Great advice.  Cool  I have a question: do you prefer midgrade or heavy grade blades for spinning?

One thing I find helpful are tutorial videos.  Darth Cephalus and others have videos on YouTube showing how to correctly stand and move the saber about in your hands.  Even Darth Nonymous from TPLA touched on that in a video, even though they focus more on the combat side of things.  I did find out after watching his video that I was doing some stuff wrong with my hands when I was doing even basic spins, which took some time and repetition to correct.  (build new muscle memory, and all that)  But, I'm going slowly and trying to get each bit down pat before even attempting to connect stuff together, much less do stuff as complex as many of you do.

I was doing some practice of some basic stuff earlier, crossing over my body in the front.  Aside from whacking myself in the left knee once, it went pretty well.  Cheesy

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #5179 on: January 05, 2017, 08:35:59 PM »

Blade type depends on the hilt in my opinion.  My guardian and flamberge use heavy blades and I use mid in everything else.

Making tutorials is harder than it looks.  I've wanted to but every time I'm like nah...this isn't going to help anyone.  I may do a video showing some coordination excercises though.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #5180 on: January 05, 2017, 09:09:13 PM »

Blade type depends on the hilt in my opinion.  My guardian and flamberge use heavy blades and I use mid in everything else.

Great.  Thanks for that bit of information.  I've tried spinning some of my Aeon and Sentinel hilts with a 36-inch heavy grade, which I find somewhat blade heavy, but I find a 32-inch HG to be better.  However, I have a 36 midgrade that I'll have to try in those hilts.  Of course, my Electrum Wind is a different story. Wink

Making tutorials is harder than it looks.  I've wanted to but every time I'm like nah...this isn't going to help anyone.  I may do a video showing some coordination excercises though.

Yes, indeed it is.  I'm an amateur 3D artist and I've been asked to explain how I've done things in the past.  Making a tutorial for just that was a long and involved process, to say nothing of having something that requires someone filming me.  My hat's off to anyone who makes these videos, and I greatly appreciate them for doing it.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5181 on: January 06, 2017, 05:05:58 AM »

Me and my Archon V2.1 saber in Consular Green. One of my top favorites =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5182 on: January 06, 2017, 05:07:07 AM »

Sorry. Was in a rush and wasn't paying attention. I'm kinda feeling the dreadful move again so x.x And I'm kinda tired too so. I've done this before though Tongue

Green5 by joshgarcia07, on Flickr

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Darth Genji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -58

Dark Side Points!!!

« Reply #5183 on: January 06, 2017, 05:41:16 AM »

I have a little something of mine that I took today which I'd love to share with you all again. I took short video of me just casually spinning out a little set of mine to some music with my lightsaber Smiley Enjoy and dark side pts if you like it! Smiley Hope you all like it Smiley

http://pandabear86.tumblr.com/post/155461460479/doing-a-little-spinning-set-to-some-lips

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord.  The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side.  If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle.  The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve.  This is the way it must be.
My time here is ended.  Take what I have taught you and use it well."

Dark Side Points only please! Thank you! Smiley

12/30/16 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green)
01/09/17 - Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Fire Orange)

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #5184 on: January 06, 2017, 07:11:40 AM »

I have a little something of mine that I took today which I'd love to share with you all again. I took short video of me just casually spinning out a little set of mine to some music with my lightsaber Smiley Enjoy and dark side pts if you like it! Smiley Hope you all like it Smiley

http://pandabear86.tumblr.com/post/155461460479/doing-a-little-spinning-set-to-some-lips
Awesome. I love when people choreograph to music

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5185 on: January 06, 2017, 05:56:44 PM »

Awesome. I love when people choreograph to music

Me too ... points for the sweet share Darth Genji.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #5186 on: January 06, 2017, 06:05:25 PM »

That's cool!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Darth Genji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -58

Dark Side Points!!!

« Reply #5187 on: January 06, 2017, 10:17:35 PM »

Thanks guys and everyone else to had seen it at the time I posted that video of me. I'll be posting some more later on! I might do some outside when it gets warmer since it's still cold this time around here. I can definitely go wild and more all out if i'm outside whereas since I'm in a room I'm restricted to only doing certain moves and spins and can't really toss up saber in the air otherwise i'll be breaking things haha.

Anyways I shall post it here again for those who missed it. Enjoy! Smiley

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord.  The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side.  If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle.  The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve.  This is the way it must be.
My time here is ended.  Take what I have taught you and use it well."

Dark Side Points only please! Thank you! Smiley

12/30/16 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green)
01/09/17 - Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Fire Orange)

Project_alien
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -97

« Reply #5188 on: January 08, 2017, 06:30:49 AM »

Samurai joker.

In order to defeat the fear, I have become the fear.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5189 on: January 08, 2017, 08:55:18 AM »

In honor of finally seeing Rogue One uh, yesterday and our princess one last time =] The force is with us. I liked that scene with the OLD Jedi statues so

Green11 by joshgarcia07, on Flickr

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 865   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: