Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 866   Go Down
Author Topic: Post pictures of you and your saber!  (Read 2032326 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #9465 on: November 18, 2018, 09:39:08 PM »

Ran tech for the Saber Guild Performance at thelocal book fair today! It’s alittle messed up now from being in the sun for 4 hours, but I did my hair for the occasion XD one of the main reasons why I refuse to cut my hair shorter despite the Florida climate.

Hello Lady, er Princess...er General....Rey?

I'm sorry with this change of image I'm not sure how to address you now!  Cheesy
You are quite the chameleon of Cosplay, you could easily be Leia, Rey or Revan.

point for the share at the top of the hour

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #9466 on: November 18, 2018, 02:38:25 PM »

Ran tech for the Saber Guild Performance at thelocal book fair today! It’s alittle messed up now from being in the sun for 4 hours, but I did my hair for the occasion XD one of the main reasons why I refuse to cut my hair shorter despite the Florida climate.

Those are good pics, and a clearer shot of your new Frankensaber.  I see now what you mean by it being a touch plain, but no one has one like it and it'd be a good template for customizing it further if you wanted.  My wife and I LOVE vacationing in Florida (Kissimmee area, not the Disney parks though which I'm sure our kids would like, but once was enough lol).  That Florida weather can kick my butt, I'm a dry heat kinda fella.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #9467 on: November 18, 2018, 09:52:14 PM »

Hello Lady, er Princess...er General....Rey?

I'm sorry with this change of image I'm not sure how to address you now!  Cheesy
You are quite the chameleon of Cosplay, you could easily be Leia, Rey or Revan.

point for the share at the top of the hour

Haha, It's fine! It works to my advantage in theatre and costuming. I've done both Leia and Revan... but never Rey. I suppose I'll eventually have to make that an endeavor by popular request XD I ended up meeting a Rey when I was out on Halloween as Revan. Rey wanted to challenge me. I was Forced to go exceptionally easy though because her light saber was actually a toy (and green instead of blue) and I didn't want to break it XD I invited her to the saber classes in the area, but haven't seen her since. Sad

I might also try something more off the wall eventually... I eventually want to try a Miraluka and a Twi'lek character, but I'm not looking forward to Twi'lek Makeup. I've had to do full white before, but I feel like colors have a lot of stain potential... Maybe I could do an albino Twi'lek. It's a skin color option in Jedi Academy, after all, if you play Twi'lek Female Jaden...

FUN FACT: My first cosplay EVER was Princess Leia in Fifth grade when we had to do a costume parade of our favorite book characters... My two favorite books at the time were "Heir to the Empire" by Timothy Zhan and "The Courtship of Princess Leia" by Dave Wolverton. Ended up doing an Episode IV cosplay though... and got the date wrong , so I went to school on a regular school day dressed as Leia as well. No regrets.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #9468 on: November 18, 2018, 09:58:34 PM »

Those are good pics, and a clearer shot of your new Frankensaber.  I see now what you mean by it being a touch plain, but no one has one like it and it'd be a good template for customizing it further if you wanted.  My wife and I LOVE vacationing in Florida (Kissimmee area, not the Disney parks though which I'm sure our kids would like, but once was enough lol).  That Florida weather can kick my butt, I'm a dry heat kinda fella.

I IMMENSELY prefer dry heat to Florida humidity. I was joking with someone yesterday that we're pretty much fish down here with the amount of water we breathe on a regular Basis. Temple down here is "Degobah Temple" aptly named for the swamps and humidity XD

If you're ever a little further south in the Miami area, you should come to one of the sabercraft combat choreography classes down here (seperate from saber guild). They're currently working on setting up a system for teaching and tournaments for saber combat choreography that they would like to launch nation-wide once it's better solidified. We just had the last match of the season for "Lumina" (the point based sport for the choreographies) yesterday. In the off season (until the matches resume) we're working on filming tutorials for learning the choreography basics (and more advanced ones) that can be applied to performances or for other branches who want to pick up the Lumina sport.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #9469 on: November 18, 2018, 02:59:39 PM »

Great pics, LR, and a twi'lek cosplay would be awesome!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #9470 on: November 18, 2018, 03:04:51 PM »

Yes!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #9471 on: November 18, 2018, 10:10:09 PM »

Thank you! Maybe in the new year so I can save up for Lekku. I'd really like to do classic blue for a Twi'lek... but so much paint x_x I have blue and gold lipstick that would go perfectly for it though >.>

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #9472 on: November 18, 2018, 10:13:27 PM »

Haha, It's fine! It works to my advantage in theatre and costuming.
I might also try something more off the wall eventually... I eventually want to try a Miraluka and a Twi'lek character, but I'm not looking forward to Twi'lek Makeup. I've had to do full white before, but I feel like colors have a lot of stain potential... Maybe I could do an albino Twi'lek. It's a skin color option in Jedi Academy, after all, if you play Twi'lek Female Jaden...

FUN FACT: My first cosplay EVER was Princess Leia in Fifth grade when we had to do a costume parade of our favorite book characters... My two favorite books at the time were "Heir to the Empire" by Timothy Zhan and "The Courtship of Princess Leia" by Dave Wolverton. Ended up doing an Episode IV cosplay though... and got the date wrong , so I went to school on a regular school day dressed as Leia as well. No regrets.

I know a well known Cosplayer (from Canada too!) who cosplays as Darth Talon, and she does the full body painting. I could try and contact her for some tips for you regarding body paints/make-up.
My only experience with the stuff was when I performed as Jim Carrey's The Mask and had full green make up and costume. It was Leichner Cosmetic Paint (the industry favourite make up in the UK) and that was actually a  nightmare to get off. So I know what it's like  Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #9473 on: November 18, 2018, 10:24:25 PM »

I know a well known Cosplayer (from Canada too!) who cosplays as Darth Talon, and she does the full body painting. I could try and contact her for some tips for you regarding body paints/make-up.
My only experience with the stuff was when I performed as Jim Carrey's The Mask and had full green make up and costume. It was Leichner Cosmetic Paint (the industry favourite make up in the UK) and that was actually a  nightmare to get off. So I know what it's like  Smiley

I've had to do full body white before, but white doesn't stain Tongue A couple of my friends have done green. My best friend wants to do Blue for a Zhaan (Farscape) but I don't think she's done that one yet (original plan for it was we were going to get a group and do the whole Farscape Crew, but we could only find Zhaan [her], Aeryn [me], and Stark [her BF]).

I think I've seen pics of the cosplayer you're referring to. If you know her and are able to ask, it would be much appreciated! This would be a project for much further down the line (I have to finish Revan, my sentinel "Gwen" and my Miraluka Sith Sorceress projects first [and I've been toying with a Bastila idea, since there's another Saber Guild Member here interested in also doing Revan, but I would have to be competent at staff first XD]), but it is something I would like to do eventually...

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #9474 on: November 18, 2018, 10:28:29 PM »

Thank you! Maybe in the new year so I can save up for Lekku. I'd really like to do classic blue for a Twi'lek... but so much paint x_x I have blue and gold lipstick that would go perfectly for it though >.>

twi'lek pam on etsy is probably the cheapest I've seen. I have a variety in the group as well.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #9475 on: November 18, 2018, 10:30:42 PM »

twi'lek pam on etsy is probably the cheapest I've seen. I have a variety in the group as well.

I've seen! I ended up looking at some a few days ago on a whim. Not in the budget at the moment though, since I need to finish the others first

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #9476 on: November 18, 2018, 11:19:49 PM »

Ah, the Leia cinnamon rolls. Such a classic look. I like that Archon 2.1 too, is that Sunrider's Destiny?

Looking serious there, Zren. I like the pic and the Overlord.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #9477 on: November 18, 2018, 11:50:31 PM »

I dig it for sure, m’ Lady. I’m so pleased you continue to include us in all your saber endeavors!! I’m trying terribly hard to convince my wife, who is quite shy, to come play with us more. It’s great to have the lady’s sowing off their style.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #9478 on: November 19, 2018, 12:12:27 AM »

Ah, the Leia cinnamon rolls. Such a classic look. I like that Archon 2.1 too, is that Sunrider's Destiny?

Looking serious there, Zren. I like the pic and the Overlord.
It’s not actually an archon. Just the emitter is. That’s my Frankensaber. Color is Arctic Blue. Lighting is kind of yellow-y which might account for more greenish tones of Sunrider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #9479 on: November 19, 2018, 12:14:24 AM »

I dig it for sure, m’ Lady. I’m so pleased you continue to include us in all your saber endeavors!! I’m trying terribly hard to convince my wife, who is quite shy, to come play with us more. It’s great to have the lady’s sowing off their style.
She should!!! Many of the greatest Jedi/Sith (and other hero’s in the Star Wars Universe) were women. No reason why the ladies can’t get in on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 866   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: