Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hidden bargain? Standard issue staff with sound  (Read 805 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: January 28, 2020, 04:47:59 AM »

So I was playing around with options to someday get sound sabers for my boys.
For stunt sabers, getting a double saber is a good deal, but as you have to get Premium sound on doubles, it looked as if I'd be better off getting 2 singles.

That is until I looked at the Standard issue staff in silver. Unlike most staff options that jump up $240-275 when you add sound, the Standard issue only adds $100, meaning you could feasibly get 2 Premium sound sabers for about $120 each if you split the price.

Can anyone check this for me so I know it's not just a glitch with my phone? I know the Standard issue is kinda boring looking, but that's a significant difference, especially since the Dark SI would cost twice as much for the same exact hilt in black

-

Yoma
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 08:28:12 AM »

Nope, not a glitch.
It's actually really affordable ngl.
Even with v4 sound it's still pretty cheap so damn, nice find there!

dark side points, if any
Dominicide BR Obs V4
Aeon LE v4 GB Obs V3 (MB)
Standard Issue BR (MB)
Dark Apprentice V4 CG (MB)

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 11:43:51 AM »

Hopefully this doesn't change for a few months because this is the only affordable way for me to get 2 sound sabers for my boys. They're gonna save allowance for most of it and I'll use purchase points and maybe a discount code depending on the timing.
Heck, maybe this would be a good Spring Raffle option come March/April?

-

Chibinuva
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 01:09:09 AM »

Just found another little trick that could potentially save you more. Apparently when you choose sound at the beginning, you still have the option to select sound fonts later on. For the first hilt you can either choose v3 (subtract$20) or v4 (subtract$10.) However for the second hilt you can choose either of those or no sound, which subtracts $100 from your total. So currently which standard setups (basic colors, v3 sound for hilt 1, no sound for hilt 2, and nothing that increases or decreases the price,) you're looking at $159 for 2 sabers, one with sound one without (and the coupling to make the staff of course.) Not sure if this benefits anyone or not but just something worth noting at that's still a good deal (and if you're using them as a staff, only one side having sound is better than no sound at all)

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 01:19:53 AM »

Just found another little trick that could potentially save you more. Apparently when you choose sound at the beginning, you still have the option to select sound fonts later on. For the first hilt you can either choose v3 (subtract$20) or v4 (subtract$10.) However for the second hilt you can choose either of those or no sound, which subtracts $100 from your total. So currently which standard setups (basic colors, v3 sound for hilt 1, no sound for hilt 2, and nothing that increases or decreases the price,) you're looking at $159 for 2 sabers, one with sound one without (and the coupling to make the staff of course.) Not sure if this benefits anyone or not but just something worth noting at that's still a good deal (and if you're using them as a staff, only one side having sound is better than no sound at all)
Yep. And that even comes with a QR coupler, which you can swap for a standard Coupler with vents (subtract $20) you can get a staff for $139 with sound in 1 hilt. That's bananas cheap and I guarantee won't be that way forever.

Side note: It looks like all staff options can start with sound and still choose no sound on the 2nd hilt to save $100

-

Chibinuva
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 01:35:35 AM »

Yep. And that even comes with a QR coupler, which you can swap for a standard Coupler with vents (subtract $20) you can get a staff for $139 with sound in 1 hilt. That's bananas cheap and I guarantee won't be that way forever.

Side note: It looks like all staff options can start with sound and still choose no sound on the 2nd hilt to save $100

-

Huh, that's good to know. I think this one is particular is great just because it's only $100 to add sound in the first place, meaning that if you subtract that $100 by removing sound on the second hilt it literally becomes free to add sound on the first hilt haha

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 10:43:22 PM »

The really great part is that the Standard Issue is an awesome saber.

What? No I am not biased. No, I'm not. Look, just because a DSI was the first saber I ever bought, and remains my favorite of the twelve I own, does not mean I'm biased. It's pure coincidence that my favorite saber and the greatest saber US sells just happen to be the same. No that does not show bias. Yes I do too know what "bias" means. Listen, the saber is a great, simple design, with the slanted emitter giving it a perfect touch of style. It handles great in combat and spins magnificently as well. Cool

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 11:19:08 PM »

What? No I am not biased. No, I'm not. Look, just because a DSI was the first saber I ever bought, and remains my favorite of the twelve I own, does not mean I'm biased. It's pure coincidence that my favorite saber and the greatest saber US sells just happen to be the same. No that does not show bias. Yes I do too know what "bias" means. Listen, the saber is a great, simple design, with the slanted emitter giving it a perfect touch of style. It handles great in combat and spins magnificently as well. Cool
I'm not a fan of the SI or DSI on their own. Too bland, even though that slanted emitter is pretty slick.
However, that blandness is actually a pretty big plus if you like customization (which I very much do). So in that context, the SI/DSI are actually great sabers with the same appeal, in my opinion, as the elegant but simple V2s

-

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 05:48:50 AM »

Well said, This is a great saber, and a very underrated one in my opinion. I have the DSI in BR with the vertical grooves.
If I could get the Silver one in an LE version with the gold and the vertical grooves I would buy it too!!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Chibinuva
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 10:58:05 AM »

Just an update on this. Tried to do one again last night and adding sound now bumps it up to like $400, so it's possible this as a glitch that was removed. However I had one made already in my cart so I went ahead and purchased it since it was still like $150 with sound on one blade. If you have one in your cart already I'd go ahead and purchase it before they potentially change it...

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 02:51:48 PM »

Ah well. At least I was able to help a few take advantage of this. I wasn't able to buy another saber right now (especially since I have 1 order in USPS limbo right now and another order "processing")
Had I known about this glitch before either order, I certainly would have bumped our stunt sabers to sound staffs.

Que sera, sera
Guess my boys will have to save up a bit longer

-

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: