Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Empress for the blind.  (Read 899 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« on: January 28, 2020, 05:44:38 AM »

Can anyone describe the Empress to me in greater detail than the video on YouTube?
I'd really appreciate a detailed description, that highlights the saber, and expands on the details given on the website and in videos, in a way that a blind man can understand.
Also I would love to know who this saber is inspired by.
Thanks in advance.

SuperSaber
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 02:54:07 PM »

I won't be able to give you a good description of the lightsaber but I can tell you the inspiration of the lightsaber. Incoming HEAVY SPOILERS for the Rise of Skywalker!!! Don't read ahead if you care about not spoiling the movie for yourself.

At the end of the Rise of Skywalker, Rey goes back to Tatooine and buries Luke and Leia's lightsabers. She then reveals she made her own lightsaber. I suspect the reason that it's called "The Empress" because at one point in the movie Palpatine offers Rey the choice to become empress of the galaxy similar to how he was the emperor.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 04:42:25 PM »

This is a saber of a true Jedi that is found in the standard dark (one of my favorites), LE (another favorite), crimson, and azure hilts. And not just the accent colors but the entire saber itself. As always, let's start from the emitter and move on down. The emitter has the static claws that are always opened unlike some others that may open and close that we may or may not have seen in recently months. Wink.  The base of these claws have a nice hexagon shape that's thick enough to engage in combat yet stylist. It narrows down with the bulk of the emitter being sectioned off with raised rectangular protrusions that starts towards the bottom of the hexagon ring and inclines in height through the middle of the emitter. The emitter narrows a bit more with two rings before meeting the body of the saber where the switch begins. The emitter gives a round spire look and feel to it reminiscent of Darth Maul's Menace's emitter but I'm sure I don't have to point that out for most to notice it.

Moving towards the switch which sits right below the emitter and is available in black or silver AV switches as standard builds with latching switches for stunt sabers and momentary switches for those with sound. The switch does sit about 1 to 1.5 inches right below the end of the emitter giving the wielder room to grip the saber above the switch if he or she so please.  The res of the body is the narrowest point minus the bottom of the pommel of course but I'm getting ahead of myself. The body had be ordered all solid or with UltraSabers' continuation of circuit board engravings that does give the saber an ancient but technological feel to it. For me anyways.  As for me, it will be cinematically close to a certain character who was able to bring down a transporter with Sith lighting. Wink Moving down pass the middle of the middle towards the bottom where the body gets tickers right before the beginning of the pommel.

The round spire look continues with the pommel with the beginning of it being just as wide as the bottom of the emitter giving the owner the feeling that they can make it a dual bladed saber out of this staff piece.  It narrows down towards the bottom of the pommel with the rectangular protrusions jutting out from the top and narrowing down towards the the end of the emitter. The very bottom has some horizontal holes for sound to travel out giving the saber that extra boom.  Speaking the pommel, it's roughly the same shape of the emitter, smaller and short in size but with the rectangular protrusions running towards the bottom of the pommel itself.

This is a fine weapon for a Jedi who has a thousand generations of Jedi that live in them.

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

Live life on the edge, or not at all!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 04:46:32 PM »

This is a saber of a true Jedi that is found in the standard dark (one of my favorites), LE (another favorite), crimson, and azure hilts. And not just the accent colors but the entire saber itself. As always, let's start from the emitter and move on down. The emitter has the static claws that are always opened unlike some others that may open and close that we may or may not have seen in recently months. Wink.  The base of these claws have a nice hexagon shape that's thick enough to engage in combat yet stylist. It narrows down with the bulk of the emitter being sectioned off with raised rectangular protrusions that starts towards the bottom of the hexagon ring and inclines in height through the middle of the emitter. The emitter narrows a bit more with two rings before meeting the body of the saber where the switch begins. The emitter gives a round spire look and feel to it reminiscent of Darth Maul's Menace's emitter but I'm sure I don't have to point that out for most to notice it.

Moving towards the switch which sits right below the emitter and is available in black or silver AV switches as standard builds with latching switches for stunt sabers and momentary switches for those with sound. The switch does sit about 1 to 1.5 inches right below the end of the emitter giving the wielder room to grip the saber above the switch if he or she so please.  The res of the body is the narrowest point minus the bottom of the pommel of course but I'm getting ahead of myself. The body had be ordered all solid or with UltraSabers' continuation of circuit board engravings that does give the saber an ancient but technological feel to it. For me anyways.  As for me, it will be cinematically close to a certain character who was able to bring down a transporter with Sith lighting. Wink Moving down pass the middle of the middle towards the bottom where the body gets tickers right before the beginning of the pommel.

The round spire look continues with the pommel with the beginning of it being just as wide as the bottom of the emitter giving the owner the feeling that they can make it a dual bladed saber out of this staff piece.  It narrows down towards the bottom of the pommel with the rectangular protrusions jutting out from the top and narrowing down towards the the end of the emitter. The very bottom has some horizontal holes for sound to travel out giving the saber that extra boom. 

This is a fine weapon for a Jedi who has a thousand generations of Jedi that live in them.

Speaking the pommel, it's roughly the same shoupe of the emitter, smaller and short in size but with the rectangular protrusions running towards the bottom of the pommel itself.

*claps* Well played. And good job.

Sabers Owned: Spectre in Arctic Blue with Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in Consular Green w/o Sound. Sold Sabers: Initiate V2 in Guardian Blue w/o Sound, and Initiate V3 in Guardian Blue with Obsidian V2.

Light Side points preferred, when warranted.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 04:56:43 PM »

Couldn't have done it better! Good job!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 05:06:38 PM »

*claps* Well played. And good job.

Thank you, SaberiusPrime! I do appreciate it  Cheesy

Couldn't have done it better! Good job!

And thank you, Racona!  Grin

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

Live life on the edge, or not at all!

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 08:10:14 PM »

Thank you, SaberiusPrime! I do appreciate it  Cheesy

One light side point to you!

Sabers Owned: Spectre in Arctic Blue with Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in Consular Green w/o Sound. Sold Sabers: Initiate V2 in Guardian Blue w/o Sound, and Initiate V3 in Guardian Blue with Obsidian V2.

Light Side points preferred, when warranted.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 12:07:37 PM »

One light side point to you!

Thank you, have one back!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 02:33:19 AM »

Infinit01, amazing description as usual, I’d give you a point, but I gave you a point on another thread already today, and the website won’t let me double up.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 11:51:11 AM »

Infinit01, amazing description as usual, I’d give you a point, but I gave you a point on another thread already today, and the website won’t let me double up.

Thank you, BlindJedi. Always a pleasure to help! Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: