Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Me rambling about new saber: Dark Sentinel v5 Lite Sound Yellow Sentinel  (Read 2320 times)
VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 43

The Force is beyond Light and Dark, as am I.

« on: February 02, 2020, 01:52:31 AM »

Just me rambling for a while about my new saber, Dark Sentinel v5, Yellow Sentinel, Obsidian Lite sound, 32". Skipped some of the basic info and talked about:

Shipping experience, customization, impressions of hilt and handling, minor issue with the colour, the sound, missing covertec wheel, and more thoughts, but all in all ofc I absolutely love it!!

Will demo spinning and combat and discuss  its usage at a later time

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWIy6vIRZQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWIy6vIRZQ</a>

Modular Saber Staff System Gallery: Dark Sentinel v5, Dark Apprentice v4, Yari Pike Extension, Vented Couplers x 2, Blades: Single 32", Dual 32" x 2, Staff 24" + 16", Pike 24"

Instagram | Youtube

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 01:59:00 AM »

Liked your pics but like the video even more. Nice job and thanks for posting it!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

ANAKIN0211
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 02:19:26 AM »

This is amazing!!! Looks absolutely fantastic!

VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 03:55:07 AM »

Thanks for the kind words - no idea what I was talking about hahaha

Modular Saber Staff System Gallery: Dark Sentinel v5, Dark Apprentice v4, Yari Pike Extension, Vented Couplers x 2, Blades: Single 32", Dual 32" x 2, Staff 24" + 16", Pike 24"

Instagram | Youtube

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 06:46:23 AM »

Wow, nicely done.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

darknsour
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 02:13:21 PM »

Great Job!!!! Looks Amazing...

VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 08:59:39 PM »

Thanks!

Here's another... not really review, but more like PSA... But everyone here probably aren't new buyers. It's more intended for new folks like myself a few days ago who made a purchase decision without the appropriate information being easily available on this topic. I found out afterwards and after searching about it specifically. I think this kind of information needs to be talked about more

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlTYWweNDIk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlTYWweNDIk</a>

Instagram | Youtube

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 09:05:32 PM »

You're not wrong. :-)  This issue is one reason that I tend to go for Adegan Silver (white) LEDs with a yellow LED filter for yellow sabers rather than an actual SY LED, though I do have one of those as well.  I don't think of it as a major issue, but it is certainly something that should be discussed so folks looking for information can make a fully informed decision.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 09:14:17 PM »

You're not wrong. :-)  This issue is one reason that I tend to go for Adegan Silver (white) LEDs with a yellow LED filter for yellow sabers rather than an actual SY LED, though I do have one of those as well.  I don't think of it as a major issue, but it is certainly something that should be discussed so folks looking for information can make a fully informed decision.

Yeah exactly, I think this information totally needs to be discussed or provided right away before making the purchase decision!

Instagram | Youtube

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 09:21:52 PM »

Yeah exactly, I think this information totally needs to be discussed or provided right away before making the purchase decision!

Well, I will say this: There are several discussions about difficulties with SY mixing, going back several years. I know they're there, because I participated in several of them.  My very first saber was SY, back when it was still a "forum color" that you could only order if you joined the forum, dug up the procedure, and jumped through some special hoops to get it.  :-) 

My point: the information is here in the forum, but it takes a little digging to find it.  Or post a question.  The membership are pretty good with sharing information.  But while its not hidden or disguised it isn't laying out on a platter, either.  :-)  It certainly takes some digging to find it.

VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 10:12:39 PM »

Well, I will say this: There are several discussions about difficulties with SY mixing, going back several years. I know they're there, because I participated in several of them.  My very first saber was SY, back when it was still a "forum color" that you could only order if you joined the forum, dug up the procedure, and jumped through some special hoops to get it.  :-)  

My point: the information is here in the forum, but it takes a little digging to find it.  Or post a question.  The membership are pretty good with sharing information.  But while its not hidden or disguised it isn't laying out on a platter, either.  :-)  It certainly takes some digging to find it.

Yeah for sure, I found all that information afterwards - but that was the issue. I think this information should be something someone considers right off the bat on the website itself during purchasing. I had no idea colours even had an effect  or could even change so it certainly wasn't something I was searching up. For example, if I had known while clicking through the shopping experience, I may have put in the money for the premium lithium ion features, or the AS + color disc and so on. So I made a quick video in hopes that it'd help others before purchasing, though I doubt anyone would see it lol

Instagram | Youtube

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 10:31:27 PM »

Yeah for sure, I found all that information afterwards - but that was the issue. I think this information should be something someone considers right off the bat on the website itself during purchasing. I had no idea colours even had an effect  or could even change so it certainly wasn't something I was searching up. For example, if I had known while clicking through the shopping experience, I may have put in the money for the premium lithium ion features, or the AS + color disc and so on. So I made a quick video in hopes that it'd help others before purchasing, though I doubt anyone would see it lol
AH, I'm following you now.  :-)

I will take a look at the video.   It may be something we should pin...

VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 02:24:53 AM »

AH, I'm following you now.  :-)

I will take a look at the video.   It may be something we should pin...

I don't think my video is good or that helpful hahaha I don't really know what I'm talking about. Just felt like a lot of people don't venture on the forums until they've actually become a fan and purchased one. I think people likely search on YouTube and google for sure, and secondary, maybe reddit or Facebook groups. So I threw something on YouTube. I think more like brief FAQ on the ultrasabers website or something when selecting colors and Obsidian Lite sound options at least would help but I understand that may dissuade buyers from certain lines or options of products somehow too from a business perspective

Instagram | Youtube

Imtrippedup
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 12:11:24 AM »

Awesome weathering job!

Any duties for shipping to Canada? My purchase is going to hurt the wallet. Custom duties will annihilate it lol Sad

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 11:39:29 AM »

Good video, Venn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: