Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominicide hit detection being VERY inconsistent/not working  (Read 533 times)
YesThisIsTig
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 03, 2020, 07:39:37 PM »

I got my dominicide today, it's dope as frell, but the hit detection barely works. I've been hittin things with this bitch for like 20 minutes now, and the hit detection has only gone off twice. idk whats up, first saber, so any help is appreciated

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 07:42:45 PM »

What type of board do you have there? Obsidian v3, v4 and Diamond have the possibility to connect to a PC/Mac via USB and have their sensor settings changed on the UltraSabersLauncher program. An Obsidian Lite can't be connected, though.

Emerald can be connected as well, but this only changes colour and has nothing to do with sound or hit detection.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

YesThisIsTig
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 07:51:17 PM »

It's an obsidian lite

and also, the two times it went off, I didn't hit any harder so im pretty confused

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:56:22 PM »

It sometimes also depends on your hand placement on the hilt. Holding it more on the bottom decreases the movement there, possibly preventing the board's sensor to detect a hit. Try holding it more in the middle and check, if it reacts now. That's what I noticed on the Premium Obsidian as well, but I could tweak the settings so that it also reacts when I'm holding it more on the bottom.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

YesThisIsTig
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 08:05:09 PM »

well mine doesnt really have a bottom due to the whole double bladed thing, but I'll give it a shot

holding it near the ends did make it work better, thank you for the assist  Smiley

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 09:08:12 PM »

Sorry, forgot that you have a double-bladed saber Cheesy Anyway, good to hear that it worked for you Wink

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: