Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: TCCS photon blade - diffusion  (Read 4969 times)
firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 01:20:30 AM »

I use E6000 for it. It is also available at Michael's, as well as many other places. It has some resiliency with it to deal with the vibrations of contact dueling. Hits to the tip will eventually break it loose but the short shouldered blade tips from TCSS generally don't break the tube so they can be just glued back in. Even with very heavy dueling I usually dont knock out tips.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 02:06:01 AM »

E6000 is great for sooo many things!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 02:57:26 AM »

I've work with a lot of glues, but I've never heard of E6000. I also found a YouTube video of Emory suggesting Gorilla Super glue, so if either will work, the price will determine which one I get.

So I'm undecided again on blade length I should cut the photon blades. My staff hilt is 22" or 11" each when paired. At minimum, I want the realized blade lengths to be double that. So at least 26" minus the 2.5" inserted in the blade leaves me 23.5" on each side.
That would get me to 5ft 9in for the staff, which feels comfortable as I am 5ft 10in. But don't most staffs exceed the wielders height?
Should I go with 28inches each so the total length is 6ft 1in? Or 27in each to split the difference?

-

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 10:32:47 AM »

don't most staffs exceed the wielders height?

FWIW, from when I was researching staffs as I ordered my Dominicide, there are a couple of popular lengths, depending on the type of staff you're looking for.
Dreynschlag (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2_16obxOm10aWVroTxjfIw) recommend it be around mouth height, but they're working with traditional-wielded staffs.

Shadiversity (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkmMACUKpQeIxN9D9ARli1Q) tested a double-bladed sword and went through some analysis and commentary on it (how he thought it was silly when he played D&D 3.5, but finally built one and can see its merits)  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQApbJ29QJQ)  he does comment on using it with a more spear-style hold than how Maul held his. 

Shad also talks about other staff-weapons.  if you're looking for a spear/pike style, those are definitely longer.  sword-staff (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIhCesfbYA)  and spear (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o71X08qQppI)

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 11:36:51 AM »

E6000 is great for sooo many things!

Agreed, so much better than superglue

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 01:04:45 PM »

FWIW, from when I was researching staffs as I ordered my Dominicide, there are a couple of popular lengths, depending on the type of staff you're looking for.
Dreynschlag (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2_16obxOm10aWVroTxjfIw) recommend it be around mouth height, but they're working with traditional-wielded staffs.

Shadiversity (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkmMACUKpQeIxN9D9ARli1Q) tested a double-bladed sword and went through some analysis and commentary on it (how he thought it was silly when he played D&D 3.5, but finally built one and can see its merits)  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQApbJ29QJQ)  he does comment on using it with a more spear-style hold than how Maul held his.  

Shad also talks about other staff-weapons.  if you're looking for a spear/pike style, those are definitely longer.  sword-staff (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIhCesfbYA)  and spear (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o71X08qQppI)

Wow thanx. That's a lot of info.
I guess this all boils down whether I want the staff to be just shorter then my height or just a bit taller.

I definitely don't want to go with 24in blades since I have the opportunity to make a unique length that doesn't come standard with a third of the ultrasabers, and I'll still use my 24in UEHGs for dueling.
26in is the minimum length that will get the 2:1 ratio of blade length to hilt length that I want and would be just under my height.
28in would exceed my height, fits nicely with the existing lengths offered (24, 28, 32, 36 & 40 all increments of 4in) and is more blade for the light to "live in" and capture attention.

My only apprehension with the 28in is that it's a but too long for the wall space I am hanging my sabers and I want these to be noticeably shorter than full length 32-36in blades. They may very well be, but I guess I'll have to cut them and see.

I guess what I should do is cut them to 28in, and before I cut the film, put them in the saber to see how it looks and feels. I can compare the length to my boys' Phantasm v2 with 32in blades. If I like it and can fit it on my wall somehow, then 28in it is. But if I feel that's too long, I'll cut them to 26in.

-

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 03:18:36 PM »

Well, I ordered some bullet tips in photon green. Since these will be show blades rather than dueling blades, that will give this staff something extra apart form our other sabers.
And since they add extra length, cutting the blades to 26" will make the staff right at my height, which will also just fit on my display wall.
So it looks like 26" + bullet tip is the length I'm going with. It will give a full 24" of visible blade even inserted in the hilt

-

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 07:26:54 PM »

Cut them long and shorten as needed.

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 11:43:51 PM »

Cut them long and shorten as needed.

That was the plan, but then I realized bullet tips would not only look cool, but also add length. And I actually do want the blades to look shorter than full sabers. That's why they are paired/coupled as a staff
Plus, if I cut 26in, it leaves ~14in of spare tube. I could do something with that, but not sure what yet

-

ANAKIN0211
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 02:42:27 AM »

What do you guys use to cut the blade to length? Hacksaw? Handsaw?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2020, 02:48:59 AM »

I think most people get a pipe cutter, but I'm not planning to buy and expensive tool just for this project when I just recently bought a hacksaw for my PVC handles.
I know a pipe cutter with be cleaner and more even, but is feel confident I can carefully use the hacksaw and sand away any rough bits

-

ANAKIN0211
Knight Officer

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 02:56:30 AM »

I think most people get a pipe cutter, but I'm not planning to buy and expensive tool just for this project when I just recently bought a hacksaw for my PVC handles.
I know a pipe cutter with be cleaner and more even, but is feel confident I can carefully use the hacksaw and sand away any rough bits

-
Im with ya, hacksaw should do just fine. Just a tad worried about making a straight cut

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2020, 02:58:39 AM »

I use a miter hand saw and miter box.  I use it because I had it already and a pipe can make an uneven cut if one is not careful (depending on the pipecutter style used).  The biggest issue with sawing the blade is the dust, but it isn't a big deal.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

ANAKIN0211
Knight Officer

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2020, 03:01:56 AM »

I use a miter hand saw and miter box.  I use it because I had it already and a pipe can make an uneven cut if one is not careful (depending on the pipecutter style used).  The biggest issue with sawing the blade is the dust, but it isn't a big deal.
Ahhh the miter box is a good idea! May have to pick one of those up

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2020, 12:07:27 PM »

Good idea with the miter box

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: