Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: TCCS photon blade - diffusion  (Read 5025 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2020, 01:25:19 PM »

Agreed. I had to Google what a miter box was and I remembered I've used one before, but again I'm not planning on getting any more tools for this.

I plan to just use some tape to mark where I need to cut with the saw and sand any rough or uneven edges down. That's what I do with my PVC shrouds and they fit flush on my sabers.
The cut end will go into the hilt anyway, so any slight unevenness will be hidden. The tip end is where it must be even for the tip to glue flush.

Man I can't wait to get these made. Customizing my own sabers, shrouds and blades makes me feel like a true Jedi. So much fun and so addictive.
I've even ordered a purple day blade to go on my VA sound saber.

-

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2020, 08:14:11 PM »

Agreed. I had to Google what a miter box was and I remembered I've used one before, but again I'm not planning on getting any more tools for this.

I plan to just use some tape to mark where I need to cut with the saw and sand any rough or uneven edges down. That's what I do with my PVC shrouds and they fit flush on my sabers.
The cut end will go into the hilt anyway, so any slight unevenness will be hidden. The tip end is where it must be even for the tip to glue flush.

Man I can't wait to get these made. Customizing my own sabers, shrouds and blades makes me feel like a true Jedi. So much fun and so addictive.

-

Bet that purple is going to be intense with the VA saber!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2020, 09:45:18 PM »

Bet that purple is going to be intense with the VA saber!

I hope so. I got VA because of how rich and vibrant it looks in photos, but IRL it's a bit too pastel and light. I actually like the Blue and Red I've been able to get out of VA + color discs even more than the VA itself
But since my sound saber on order is also VA, I'm hoping a purple day blade will give it that richness I want.
I also ordered my wife's saber in AS with discs to have options, but she also wants a BVA, so I figure a blue disc + purple day blade might work

-

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »

So I got the blades and cellophane. I ended up just using regular super glue for the tips because when I pressure fit them without glue, I had to use tool to pop them out. Added some horizontal scratches to the inside of the tip and blade plus the super glue and they are NOT coming off.
These won't be my dueling blades so I'm ok with that

I used about 5ft of cellophane and that worked perfectly. Thanx everyone for the advice. Got 100ft of cellophane from Michael's as suggested.

And the do indeed work with my TriGreen. There's no "photon" effect like I'd get with TriBlue, but because these are thin walled, they're even brighter than my UEHG blades which is FANTASTIC. And they look great even when off in regular lighting. I went with 26in and combined with the pointed tips, the staff is both taller than my height but just shy of 6ft, which is perfect

Pictures to follow!

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 06:28:40 PM »

I don't know which 'other guy' site i was researching, but I think one sells 'raw' purple PVC on clearance right now and the note said something like "Note: light doesn't shine through well in a purple tube and your saber will be dimmer" or something along those lines...

maybe it's just that specific batch and that's why it's on clearance. Cheesy

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 06:51:01 PM »

I don't know which 'other guy' site i was researching, but I think one sells 'raw' purple PVC on clearance right now and the note said something like "Note: light doesn't shine through well in a purple tube and your saber will be dimmer" or something along those lines...

maybe it's just that specific batch and that's why it's on clearance. Cheesy

TCSS has a thick walled purple day blade with a similar note. It's in their bargain basement. But I ordered thin walled, so that shouldn't be an issue.

But that reminds me, I sanding the outside of the photon blades for a good affect. I don't think I'll do the same for my purple blade since it's such a dark color already but we'll see

-

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2020, 11:33:19 PM »

TCSS has a thick walled purple day blade with a similar note. It's in their bargain basement. But I ordered thin walled, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I think that's the one I spotted as I was looking at MHS emitters.  Good luck and look forward to your pics.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2020, 03:33:42 PM »

So my thin-walled purple blade arrived and I tested it out with my son's VA saber and a white 9-LED flashlight.

The color with VA is EXACTLY what I wanted: rich, vibrant and not pastel at all, so when my saber with sound arrives, I'll be quite happy. The test with the white flashlight was noticeably different too, so the Silver FoC on my sound saber shouldn't get too obscured by the purple day blade.
Can't wait until my saber arrives.

-

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: