Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Revan In Game version  (Read 1015 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: December 24, 2011, 03:39:46 AM »

I was thinking of getting a Revan when I can. I'm doing original so the saber will have the SS claws, normal pommel, Blazing Red Ultra Edge blade, Obsidian with red av button and li-ion batteries. I wanted to make it more original by doing some brown leather wrapping on the hilt, but how could I get the leather attached? I see it done sometimes but not sure how to go about it. I will be using my custom sick Sith font by the way. Thanks for any info on leather wrapping for hilts. =] Sorry its taking so long to get an Obsidian saber. x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 03:40:36 AM »

Someone change that to Raven. xp Please and thanks. I'm tired and wasn't really paying attention.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Sularen
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:42:13 PM »

I'm a leathercrafter, worked at Tandy Leather for a couple years and learned quite a bit about things like this. 

If you take a walking stick or sports bottle, hip flask, etc. with a leather wrap on it and try to remove the wrap, chances are you'll find that it's been glued to the item with contact cement or at least with rubber cement.  Rubber cement is good for keeping it in place while you stitch the leather together at a seam but is used in case you need to move it around; the rubber cement allows you to peel it back off (difficult but do-able) and re-glue the leather.  Contact cement is used when the crafter just doesn't ever want it to come off.

I'm currently researching the forums and whatnot to put together my first lightsaber, and it's probably going to be a Prophecy v3.  I fully intend to put leather bands just around the two choke areas near the emitter.  However, because these will be wedged between wider areas of the saber, I don't have to worry about them slipping off.  Therefore I won't be using any glue on it at all.  I'll just be stitching the ends of the bands together.  I may even put small clasps or buckles on the bands, allowing me to make several of different colors and switching them out on a whim. 

However, if I was going to make a leater grip for, say, a Standard Issue or a Catalyst, I'd almost certainly want to glue it on with contact cement and stitch the sides together. 

The other method, which re-reading your post may be more what you originally intended, would be to wrap your hilt with a long thin ribbon of leather in a method similar to the cord-wrapped handles of some katana's, etc.  I don't know anything about that kind of wrapping, though I can recommend using upholstery leather for it, as that will be the thinnest yet more durable leather you can use, and you should be able to find it in a variety of colors and textures.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: