Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Rey Theory (TROS Spoiler Warning)  (Read 2965 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 06:52:25 PM »

Hmmmm
Hmmmmm.... Undecided I guess I'd have to pay closer attention to what episodes I like and hated, then weigh my judgement.

I kind of like the Mortis arc. As ive said elsewhere before I always like the Force being a more mystical force, and that arc certainly lends to that. Moreover, Tepes is right; the Ones were likely (though not confirmed) to be normal mortal beings long, long ago who attained a sort of enlightenment or ascension to being embodiments of the force. The Force did not directly create them - (this would be closer to the Sages from Yoda's final arc), but they certainly saw themselves as representatives of the Living Force and touted themselves as Gods more or less.I always saw it as their interactions with the main cast *influenced* what happened in the "waking world" but not directly causing anything. The arc does get a little messy and the writing goes a little fast and loose toward the third episode but I like the ideas behind it.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 07:59:18 PM »

I kind of like the Mortis arc. As ive said elsewhere before I always like the Force being a more mystical force, and that arc certainly lends to that. Moreover, Tepes is right; the Ones were likely (though not confirmed) to be normal mortal beings long, long ago who attained a sort of enlightenment or ascension to being embodiments of the force. The Force did not directly create them - (this would be closer to the Sages from Yoda's final arc), but they certainly saw themselves as representatives of the Living Force and touted themselves as Gods more or less.I always saw it as their interactions with the main cast *influenced* what happened in the "waking world" but not directly causing anything. The arc does get a little messy and the writing goes a little fast and loose toward the third episode but I like the ideas behind it.
Don't even get me started on that abomination. My new issue with this notion of ascension, then why is there so much discontinuity between the 3 of them? Wouldn't they have needed to reached the same level in similar fashions? Unless....only Father reached this ascended state, and Son and Daughter are off-chutes of his being.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 08:23:29 PM »

Don't even get me started on that abomination. My new issue with this notion of ascension, then why is there so much discontinuity between the 3 of them? Wouldn't they have needed to reached the same level in similar fashions? Unless....only Father reached this ascended state, and Son and Daughter are off-chutes of his being.

I always thought the Daughter and the Son were children born of the Force, and the Father was only given a GREATLY prolonged life and power to keep them in balance. When he failed to do that the Servant was the one who taught Daughter and Son to work together. More over, the Servant and later Mother taught Daughter to have unlimited compassion for her brother. Which is why Daughter continually believes in the goodness of the Son.
But since Father is dying it was Anakin's destiny to become The Father because he had the power to tame both children. The Father was most definitely a mortal man, but the children are eternal to an extent, up til Daugher sacrificed herself, and Father took the Son's invincibility from him.
I also don't think the arc was fan service. It was supposed to explore the Chosen One, and actually kill Ahsoka so she could become this strange half entity, I'm curious to see Daughter's powers within Ahsoka. Either ways, that's my put on the whole Mortis Arc.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: