Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Can we have some LOVE for Ultrasabers xXx  (Read 17126 times)
DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 10:19:43 AM »

Fear lead to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Much fear I see in them.
I'd give you a point, but feel like it should be a -1 thematically... Cheesy

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2020, 02:07:57 PM »

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Much fear I see in them.
I apply the wisdom of Unikitty: Hate leads to WHOOPASS!!!.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 02:34:42 PM »

I’m not seeing hate.   Just a lot of fear. These sabers are not cheap and with no communication ppl are scared they won’t get what they paid for.  This is the only place they can come for info. 

The moment they come here any fear should be alleviated.  There are so many reviews, pictures, technical discussions etc. It's quite obvious US isn't a scam.  I can understand and sympathize with their plight but hurling accusations or vitriol isn't going to make their saber come faster.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth_Malignan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

Dark Side -- Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 03:16:11 PM »

I think sometimes people are not used to waiting in the day and age we live in, where Amazon hand-delivers your goods in 24 hours or less.

I too am excited and thrilled to get my purchase, but there is no need to spit venom at the people working around the clock to deliver your goods.   I'm always about transparency, and if there was some way to get a better look at where individual orders were, that would be wonderful - but US is doing their best to send out high quality products as quickly as they can.

In the business world you get to choose one of three (cost, speed, quality).  I would never choose speed.  As much as I want my product, I want it at a fair price (for me and the seller) and as high quality as possible.  Speed isn't an issue.

If I needed it urgently I would have paid for speed - which then ups cost.  So you get speed/quality, but pay out the backside.

TL/DR: be patient.

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 03:26:27 PM »

I started my journey down the dark path of Star Wars and collecting with my first taste of the larger universe in 77. Before I knew about companies like US I made my own sabers from plumbing parts and wood dowels. I have had many discussions with guys in the Star Wars groups I am a member of and find myself being a advocate of US. Yes they are not exact replicas but I would never take my Copper Plated Graflex replica and fight with it. The quality and functionality of US products is beyond par. You would be hard pressed to find a equal with the turnaround time and price anywhere else. Just look at the other guys sites and you will see a advertised 4-6 month wait time, for far more $$. I have also had the greatest time gifting sabers to deserving kids. The look and reaction when I hand a brand new saber to them and tell them it's theirs makes any delay in delivery worth it. Us provides a great service and allows more people to get into the hobby. The detail and complexity of the new hilts just proves that they are committed to bringing new people into the community, while giving the old farts like me something new to drool over.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2020, 05:13:22 PM »

First off... throwing the master builders at Ultrasaber some love (in case that bumps me up the build queue)

Now, in anticipation of my first 4 (going from 0 ever to 4 is... exciting) here's what I've been doing the past couple of days:

1) bought a polypropelene training katana from Amazon (instant gratification... ordered Friday night, got here Sunday Cheesy)  (this will be my pretend saber until.. March?)
2) bought 2 walking sticks from the local Scout store (they're approximately the same grip size as the sabers, I'm thinking... 1.5" diameter... but 60" in length, so closer to the Dominicide than a saber with 40" blades)
3) cleared out some room in the family room to swing stuff around without breaking [too many] things.
4) learning how to twirl/spin from YouTube videos

result thus far:
2 very sore shoulders from all the twirling
1 bruised knee
1 tap on the cheek

* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 06:41:42 PM »

First off... throwing the master builders at Ultrasaber some love (in case that bumps me up the build queue)

Now, in anticipation of my first 4 (going from 0 ever to 4 is... exciting) here's what I've been doing the past couple of days:

1) bought a polypropelene training katana from Amazon (instant gratification... ordered Friday night, got here Sunday Cheesy)  (this will be my pretend saber until.. March?)
2) bought 2 walking sticks from the local Scout store (they're approximately the same grip size as the sabers, I'm thinking... 1.5" diameter... but 60" in length, so closer to the Dominicide than a saber with 40" blades)
3) cleared out some room in the family room to swing stuff around without breaking [too many] things.
4) learning how to twirl/spin from YouTube videos

result thus far:
2 very sore shoulders from all the twirling
1 bruised knee
1 tap on the cheek

Still married though, yes? And no damage to any kids? Sounds like a successful practice to me! Point for your honesty and making me laugh!

If you haven't run across them yet, check out these 2 utube channels....both are members here and their videos are great for beginners!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1bX1OucgsmuuBmdcNU5kw
and
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-lqjxfFJG8uZsJis4grvew

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2020, 07:10:30 PM »

Still married though, yes? And no damage to any kids? Sounds like a successful practice to me! Point for your honesty and making me laugh!

So far... because I'm going to pretend the sabers only cost $75 each... from Amazon....

If you haven't run across them yet, check out these 2 utube channels....both are members here and their videos are great for beginners!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1bX1OucgsmuuBmdcNU5kw
and
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-lqjxfFJG8uZsJis4grvew

Darth Cephalus (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-lqjxfFJG8uZsJis4grvew) was one of the first channels that convinced me to go with US vs "the other guys".   He's responsible for the bruised knee.

I just subscribed to venturous1v Thanks!  More vids Cheesy

My two other channels I've been learning from are Michelle C. Smith's (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Z8eTFtiyP88XylvO-lBHw) for spinning
and Dreynschlag (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2_16obxOm10aWVroTxjfIw) for 'sparring'... if you call hitting air molecules that. 

That reminds me, I should do a search here to see if someone has curated a list of YT channels to learn from.

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2020, 10:23:22 PM »

So far... because I'm going to pretend the sabers only cost $75 each... from Amazon....

Darth Cephalus (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-lqjxfFJG8uZsJis4grvew) was one of the first channels that convinced me to go with US vs "the other guys".   He's responsible for the bruised knee.

I just subscribed to venturous1v Thanks!  More vids Cheesy

My two other channels I've been learning from are Michelle C. Smith's (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Z8eTFtiyP88XylvO-lBHw) for spinning
and Dreynschlag (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2_16obxOm10aWVroTxjfIw) for 'sparring'... if you call hitting air molecules that. 

That reminds me, I should do a search here to see if someone has curated a list of YT channels to learn from.

Check this one out, too. I find their velocity drills to be a good warm up.
http://www.lsabers.com/training.html

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Atanvarno
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 09:47:43 AM »

I always wanted a lightsaber, since i was a kid. I first saw A New Hope in 1986 or 1988, we were in communist Romania, so for a long time we had no chance of getting costumes or toys. After the Revolution, the market was invaded with junk, plastic toys, poor quality products. So i've never been tempted of buying any of those.
This year, aged 38, after seeing The Rise of Skywalker I've caved in. I couldn't help myself. In the middle of the night, i went to US site and ordered my first lightsaber. I didn't know anything about custom lightabers, so i've ordered based purely on instinct. The saber that spoke to me. I went for the Emperor's Hand, obsidian v3, consular green. Since I've played Knights Of The Old Republic in the 2000s, consular green was my colour. During the 6 weeks of waiting, i watched tons of YT videos, reviews, unboxings. I practiced with umbrellas, sticks, clubs, whatever i could get my hands on. Michelle C. Smith is my favourite channel, but her moves are hard to do with a sound lightsaber with heavy grade blade. I need to build more muscles it seems.
Now, after 2 days of holding my saber, i must say  US are great. The feeling is amazing. It doesn't compare with watching videos or pics. You trully feel powerful. It's not a toy. It's size is great. I've cut my finger, i've scratced 3 other fingers spinning the saber, my left hand is hurting me a lot from all the moves that i made, thank god i can also use my right hand. This means US are no toys. Is the real thing. That is how it is supposed to be. It's not childplay.
I cannot imagine how some people find US design lacking. Yesterday, I went on the other guys website. Their lead time in 12-14 weeks!!!! Come on. Not to mention, more than half of their sabers are out of stock.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 11:42:37 AM »

Definitely. All the stress and worry takes the shine off the purchase of such a magical item!

Lol - I think my husband is dreading me getting the Flamberge. I’ve already given myself a black eye trying to spin my dark sentinel v4... I’m not known for my grace and dexterity. But I am famous for my skill at falling over from standing still and walking into door frames (open and closed).

The wife feels the same way when I'm buying more sabers or parts

I can’t wait to terrorise the husband and cats with the Flamberge  Grin

You'll have to catch that on video and share it to us

Much love to UltraSabers for not only delivering sabers to us but actually listening to us and reading what we want in the forum.  We've asked for the Fallen and not too longer after, they delivered the Fallen to us. They're busy, people need to realize that the saber community wait longer for the other guys to build, ship, and deliver to sabers to them. UltraSabers take pride in what they do and will correct any wrongs.

Kudos to UltraSabers!

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 10:07:34 PM »

The moment they come here any fear should be alleviated.  There are so many reviews, pictures, technical discussions etc. It's quite obvious US isn't a scam.  I can understand and sympathize with their plight but hurling accusations or vitriol isn't going to make their saber come faster.

Agreed. And with that, I’ll share my own story. I remember the summer when I acquired my first lightsaber quite vividly. In fact, it was also the first summer I worked as a forest ranger. And while I love the solitude of nature, I found it a little disconcerting at times that summer. Perhaps it was merely the notion of sudden responsibility, who knows? One thing I discovered was clear, being alone with no one around for miles could play on one’s nerves. The surrounding sounds became exaggerated. The wind rustling through literally thousands of branches could, at times, become a roar. Twigs snapping was a constant reminder that living things were nearby—even when I couldn’t see them. The larger branches snapping told me not all the creatures were small, and likely not all were harmless. This culminated one evening at dusk when I stopped at my favorite berry bush to pick a handful before heading home for the evening. The berries were pretty slim pickings that night, thanks to the forest creatures...and myself. As I leaned in to reach for the few berries left near the back of the bunch, I heard one of those large cracking branches behind me. It sounded pretty close, but sounds can often play tricks in the woods. At least that’s what I told myself until I heard something shuffling through the grass. I turned around, expecting—hoping—to see a deer. What met my gaze was a dark shape. It took me second to distinguish the shape. Was it a bear, walking on it’s hind legs? No, it was a man wearing a black cloak and he was moving toward me. I barely had time to draw my lightsaber before i saw the flash of his own, red and purring like a panther. But I was a little quicker on the draw, my blade slicing through his cloak, which fell limp to the ground, empty. The forest animals were so grateful, they shared their dinner of nuts and berries. We had a few beers...plus i get a free Sith saber out of the deal. I’ll never forget it.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2020, 01:10:07 AM »

Hey I think that ultra sabers and the whole crew are amazing and I love the products. I have six with more on the way and I’m sure I’ll continue collecting them.  I really only ever have good things to say. I posted yesterday something to that effect. Just letting folks know to calm down a bit and not get so worked up cause at the end of the day we’ll all be taken care of. I do t know what I said that got the whole post deleted though but it was gone as of this morning. Lol. Oh well. I how they keep up the awesome work that they do. They rock.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

MeanToad
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2020, 02:26:48 AM »

As a new customer to Ultrasabers but and old community member who has untill recently only bought high end show pieces, I was excited to buy from US.
Unfortunately the recent service doesn't not match what I had heard historically. I have a couple more orders in with them but my recent experience involved very delayed mystery boxes despite other club members getting theirs weeks earlier after ordering later, ZERO communication follow-up, and and incomplete order. I hope they can get back to quality service after this rush. I think we know their breaking point now.... Unfortunately, I think new sentiments are forming about US compared to others. I've been watching it change even though all producers are in similarly difficult times...

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2020, 02:38:50 AM »

Honestly this is the first time I’ve noticed it like this. I think there was just too much starwars stuff going on and it blew up at once. In the past man, I ordered and had my stuff a couple weeks later. It would’ve been faster but I won some raffles so I had to wait for those to end. They wait on raffle prizes and send it as one order instead of splitting it up so if you enter a raffle they’ll wait to build your order till the winners are picked in case you’re one of them. That way they don’t have to ship twice or risk misplacing your original saber while waiting to ship the prize. I’m sure you’ll love your saber once you get it. I love every one of mine. I even got one from a raffle that was a hilt that I thought I’d hate. I saw it one the site and said that’s ugly and plain and the last one I’d want and I wound up with it and loved it. Lol. Funny how that happens. Just have patience and you’ll be rewarded. They make a good product and they usually have excellent customer service. I think they’re just insanely overwhelmed right now.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: