Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: My Jedi character  (Read 8866 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 03:59:29 PM »

Looks good.  Since you mentioned a hand-replacement....

Greebles for the left hand glove?

Anything to add a small bit of tech and re-inforce the idea that's a machine hand.

I'd use a skintight glove (cloth) and attach stuff for that.  
I'm using a skintight black glove with a brown leather fingerless glove over it.
I kinda like the 2-toned gloves from Rebels.
I don't plan on adding Greeblies and I'm hoping that by having a non-gloved hand will reinforce the mechanical hand idea.
Worked for Luke and Anakin.

Any recommendations for Greeblies?
I could add a chrome armour plate similar to Obiwan's white armour over his black gloves during the Clone Wars.
But I don't have chrome anywhere else on the outfit, so I'd be hesitant to do that.

-

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 06:27:44 PM »

Greebles....

For the Belt:
food tube thingy's  (I ordered a set of 8 from Amazon for about $25, 4 for the wife, 4 for me)

pouches (hold the phone, keys, etc)

comm device (hooked on the belt or worn on wrist\back of glove gauntlet like Anakin in TCW cartoon)

I'd normally advise a bit of contrast in colors/shades with the layers.  Like the gray shoulder cover on the one outfit.

The white outfit is very white.  That shoulder armor Obi/Ani wears in TCW cartoon (I'm still on season one) might break that up. I'm not that familiar with the rest of Obi's TCW outfit, but Chrome would kinda compound the existing shinyness.

though...

I like the idea of certain costume components carrying over to the next step in the timeline.  So that chrome might get dinged or dingied up in the turning dark stage, and then some other change, and so on.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 07:10:55 PM »

Greebles....

For the Belt:
food tube thingy's  (I ordered a set of 8 from Amazon for about $25, 4 for the wife, 4 for me)

pouches (hold the phone, keys, etc)

comm device (hooked on the belt or worn on wrist\back of glove gauntlet like Anakin in TCW cartoon)

I'd normally advise a bit of contrast in colors/shades with the layers.  Like the gray shoulder cover on the one outfit.

The white outfit is very white.  That shoulder armor Obi/Ani wears in TCW cartoon (I'm still on season one) might break that up. I'm not that familiar with the rest of Obi's TCW outfit, but Chrome would kinda compound the existing shinyness.

though...

I like the idea of certain costume components carrying over to the next step in the timeline.  So that chrome might get dinged or dingied up in the turning dark stage, and then some other change, and so on.

Excellent feedback thanx!
I actually do have a pouch for my keys and wallet when I go out, but generally leave it off for pictures.

I wouldn't mind getting a less shiny, possibly cream colored tunic for the pre-Order 66 outfit, but I don't really wear that outside of that picture to show character growth.
When my brown cowl arrives, I'll probably incorporate it into that period to break up the pure white and shine.

So the progression would be:
- White tunic, brown hooded cowl, no glove, blue saber - Guardian Padawan
- Black tunic, black cloak & chrome mask, black gloves, red saber - Dark Jedi
- Black tunic, brown hooded cowl, single brown glove, occasional mask, purple saber - Knight (no one left to bestow Master rank)

At all stages I'd have brown boots and white under clothes (showing his inner light). And my "Knight" form would primarily use a double green staff as the blue/red/now purple saber would get retired after the creation of the green staff, symbolizing my character's growth into a Jedi Consular.

I experimented with adding Clone Wars era armour a while back but I just couldn't get it to both look good and be functional (I want to be able to do lightsaber spinning). So I think I keep it all cloth materials for comfort sake.
The final outfit is how I dress when I go out. The blue/red phases are just to get cool alternate photos (and because I can use color discs to make my VA saber blue or red)

There's also a phase in between the padawan and dark jedi in which my character becomes an off world Sentinel (ie not a Temple Guard, so never had a yellow pike). That's actually how I survived Order 66, because I wasn't accompanied by any Clones at the time. Hearing about the desolation of the Jedi order is what turned me to the Dark side and I "bled" my saber red
An encounter with an Inquisitor that lost him his left hand is what turn me back to the Light and I healed my saber to a purple color.

-

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 07:35:21 PM »

I would keep the belt greebles on for pictures.  it adds texture and makes it look more natural as that's what a working jedi would wear.

If life cooperates, we're fixing to shoot the wife's outfit tonight.  All she's got is a belt clip and food tubes.  No pouch yet.  I'm debating on sticking a close-enough renfair pouch on or leave it as is.  We'll see how it looks

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 08:14:06 PM »

Cool. I'll do that. I've got a spare bit of blade tube that's about 4". I can wrap that in foil tape and add it next to my pouch.
On the other side I usually have my cellphone case (it's a black canvas pouch, similar in look to the other pouch I use). That should give me enough Greeblies for the belt.

I can't wait to get the cowl so I can take pics of the finished product.
Actually, the real trick I want to pull off is to get a picture at the Padawan stage in which I don't have a beard....without shaving my beard. I may have to find an old photo and just copy/paste my face.

-

Darth Kalis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 06:40:49 AM »

Looks great Galef! Maybe once my saber arrives I'll have some pics taken of my custom Sith character.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2020, 03:31:24 AM »

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2020, 03:48:26 AM »

way cool, i have a tunic and gloves that i use in my fencing school id love to get a full length hooded cloak any suggestions as to where i could get one ?

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2020, 04:02:29 AM »

way cool, i have a tunic and gloves that i use in my fencing school id love to get a full length hooded cloak any suggestions as to where i could get one ?
I got my hood from eBay. Just searched 'Medieval hood cowl' or something like that.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2020, 01:29:19 PM »

Ebay, like the man said...or Kult of Athena.

http://www.kultofathena.com/cloaks.asp

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2020, 02:29:42 PM »

So it seems like this costume gets updates constantly.
Even today I made an adjustment. By adding the brown of the cowl, boots and glove, I find myself not liking the grey on the tabard below my belt.
Black white brown AND grey? I think that's too much.

So I ditched the grey, which was made of felt and replaced it with black polyester, which is the same material as the tunic and cowl, so now I feel like it matches far better.

We'll see if I feel like doing another photo shoot later.

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2020, 04:02:12 PM »

Even today I made an adjustment. By adding the brown of the cowl, boots and glove, I find myself not liking the grey on the tabard below my belt.

So I ditched the grey, which was made of felt and replaced it with black polyester, which is the same material as the tunic and cowl, so now I feel like it matches far better.

-

Well, I sure hope so!  All these options I see in the cosplay threads give me ideas to expand my own limited attempts.  I may or may not ever “pull the trigger” and actually use some of the ideas I see, but it’s still fun to see other people’s creativity put into action.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2020, 04:21:31 PM »

-
I like where you're going with this; I have to admit that I think that the black/white/brown color scheme will look better without the gray.  BUT: I say take the pics, compare, and then determine which YOU prefer  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -78

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2020, 12:27:06 AM »

Nice look Galef!  Still adding and adjusting my Jedi look, gonna start poking around on Wish for some Sith looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -78

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2020, 12:35:27 AM »

Nice look Galef!  Still adding and adjusting my Jedi look, gonna start poking around on Wish for some Sith looks. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: