Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Pommel and Holster  (Read 1849 times)
VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 43

The Force is beyond Light and Dark, as am I.

« on: February 12, 2020, 05:48:48 AM »

Swapped the pommel to the vented coupler because I love the way it looks! Weathered and painted...

And since they forgot to install a covertec in my saber as I ordered and I don't have a drill here... I found this phone stand at my place and.... It makes a super secure and easy lightsaber holster, super quick and effortless to draw and stow. The width of the screws just so happens to contain the saber, it won't fall out. The bottom of the phone stand sort of supports against the choke point. And it holds tightly by friction around the leather wrap as well. So this is triple secure. I even tried jumping with it. I tested it wearing it to work and back today. Walking with it is fine, running is a little troublesome due to the emitter rubbing against my thigh but still perfectly secure. This can also function as a wall mount when I put two screws on the wall which hold this mount. It may not work for everyone of course. But I'll encourage you to find things to repurpose if you're looking for possible options!

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=1l6rjgPBhrE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=1l6rjgPBhrE</a>

Modular Saber Staff System Gallery: Dark Sentinel v5, Dark Apprentice v4, Yari Pike Extension, Vented Couplers x 2, Blades: Single 32", Dual 32" x 2, Staff 24" + 16", Pike 24"

Instagram | Youtube

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 10:21:49 AM »

nice find!  bonus points for reuse.  (well, bonus points once I can send more)

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 11:37:57 AM »

The pommel looks good, goes well with the weather look on your saber, Venn. I also like the homemade holster for it

VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 06:20:34 PM »

Thanks friends! Feels good to reuse and recycle haha

Modular Saber Staff System Gallery: Dark Sentinel v5, Dark Apprentice v4, Yari Pike Extension, Vented Couplers x 2, Blades: Single 32", Dual 32" x 2, Staff 24" + 16", Pike 24"

Instagram | Youtube

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 12:34:49 PM »

Thanks friends! Feels good to reuse and recycle haha

You're welcome and will do. Points incoming for the good ideas

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 02:41:06 PM »

That pommel gives it a real nice look Venn!
How does it influense the balancepoint?

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 03:12:46 PM »

That pommel gives it a real nice look Venn!
How does it influense the balancepoint?

This is a real hefty saber, but it's the way I like it! The pommel indeed is quite heavy. On midgrade blade right now the center of gravity is right where my main hand is, right beneath the emitter windows. And I love it bc essentially the whole thing feels weightless while swinging and spinning, like a real lightsaber might and it is maneuverable like crazy. The length of the hilt and pommel certainly grants alot of leverage and control with my second hand

Instagram | Youtube

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 07:15:45 AM »

Thank you, I hoped for an awnser like this. Will give this example to a friend with the same saber.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 05:35:25 PM »

Hey Venn!

I thought that was a War Glaive pommel on there at first, but I perceive now that it really is a vented coupler.   Nice swap-out!   I put a War Glaive pommel on mine and experienced similar handling characteristics.  Made the saber VERY maneuverable. 

The saber was gifted to someone else not long ago, but I have my eye on another Sentinel V5.   I was going to order another War Glaive pommel for it, but you've given me another option to think about.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 04:23:12 PM »

Hey Venn!

I thought that was a War Glaive pommel on there at first, but I perceive now that it really is a vented coupler.   Nice swap-out!   I put a War Glaive pommel on mine and experienced similar handling characteristics.  Made the saber VERY maneuverable. 

The saber was gifted to someone else not long ago, but I have my eye on another Sentinel V5.   I was going to order another War Glaive pommel for it, but you've given me another option to think about.  :-)

Haha nice! I did this so that I would a) be able to add on a second hilt or pike extension at any time, keeping it as modular as possible and b) a second solution for wearing the saber without drilling it bc the vented holes are big enough for a belt clip to go through

Instagram | Youtube

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: