Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: dual blades and sound  (Read 1271 times)
jonpluc
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« on: February 16, 2020, 01:02:26 PM »

How do dual blades and sound work? It appears connector eliminates the sound portholes at end of saber handle, so is sound still a viable option? And if so, should sound just be in one unit or do double sound boards work or just sound odd?

Yoma
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 01:34:23 PM »

How do dual blades and sound work? It appears connector eliminates the sound portholes at end of saber handle, so is sound still a viable option? And if so, should sound just be in one unit or do double sound boards work or just sound odd?
There are couplers with holes for sound ! They should also be automatically selected if you configure a double bladed one with sound. I'd recommend the quick-release coupler , has vents and is really good in my opinion!
Only the Dominicide has one soundboard , but it has no couplers since it's a single unit with 2LED's and one main board in the middle(has holes for sound in the design). Every other double bladed saber has two boards, so you'd have to pay for 2 Sound Sabers.
The sound in the Dominicide is pretty nice, pretty much the same as my Aeon, since they have the same speakers.

dark side points, if any
Dominicide BR Obs V4
Aeon LE v4 GB Obs V3 (MB)
Standard Issue BR (MB)
Dark Apprentice V4 CG (MB)

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 03:36:13 PM »

A lot of it is personal preference as to a soundboard for each saber or just one. Many people will go with just one to keep the price down.

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 03:38:18 PM »

A lot of it is personal preference as to a soundboard for each saber or just one. Many people will go with just one to keep the price down.

The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 11:10:21 PM »

If you have two boards does it sound weird? Like out of sync with each other?

Lover of the light side

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 12:25:53 AM »

I have no idea how I double posted...how weird. BUT to answer your question about the sound, I believe most people try to ignite them at the same time and from there on out, each end reacts to their own movement. Make sense? Take a look at this quick review of a US double.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFaea07iKj8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFaea07iKj8</a>

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 11:57:48 AM by Infinit01 » Logged

The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 06:56:52 AM »

I saw one review where one had sound and FOC and the other didn’t. Not sure I would want FOC on just one saber. Either leave it off or go the extra distance for both. But to each their own Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 12:06:54 PM »

Just make sure that you order a vented coupler for the staff, you'll have sound then

rosaferri
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -16

Darth Lamia Octavia [Dark/Grey Force Assassin!]

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 01:00:28 AM »

I have no idea how I double posted...how weird. BUT to answer your question about the sound, I believe most people try to ignite them at the same time and from there on out, each end reacts to their own movement. Make sense? Take a look at this quick review of a US double.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFaea07iKj8
I entirely forgot about them, but TSA is what introduced me to lightsaber dueling and, by extension, UltraSabers for the first time when I was 13. Damn.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Arsenal:
"Padawan's Fire" - CG D Initiate V2
"The Holy Relic" - BH Grand Master LE

Wishlist:
D Apprentice V5 SY
D Mantis AV
Consular SRD
Azure Fallen FO

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 01:12:05 AM »

Yup they had a ton of good content going on!

The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 07:35:18 PM »

I've staffed up both ways - one hilt with, one without and both with.  Honestly, both were fine, but it sounds really cool to have two cards going, each blade reacting on its own.  Also, if you have FoC you need sound on both or have a Dominicide. (which is the only dual-blade single hilt) for both to flash.

I don't usually have FoC on my sabers, so its never been an issue for me, but if you have it on one you'll want it on both.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: