Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello SaberForum!  (Read 1371 times)
GuyWithTheCrossguard
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -7

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to."

« on: February 22, 2020, 06:56:10 PM »

Greetings from Michigan. I'm happy to finally be able to join you all. I was drooling over an Ultrasaber for years and years because I could never afford it. That saber would be my Flamberge SE, as my username suggests. It wasn't until December 2019 for the TROS premiere that I finally bit the bullet and made my order. So much joy and satisfaction when I unboxed it and ignited it for the first time only a day before the premiere. It only has Obsidian V4 sound. No Emerald Driver or Diamond Controller, as that skyrocketed the price way beyond my intended budget. I also own a "reforged" Apprentice with Obsidian Lite, which was a gift per se from a friend. I say reforged because it wasn't in working condition when I got it. Needed some rewiring. It wasn't until I got the Flamberge that I felt I would have a place here on this forum. I will post a picture of both sabers on the respective topic. It was great meeting you all. May the force be with you.

Sabers:
Flamberge SE with Obsidian V4 in Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 with Obsidian Lite, also in Guardian Blue

Notable Non-US Sabers:
Hasbro Signature Series Luke (ROTJ)
Disney Store Kylo Ren

Wish List:
A vintage Graflex. Seriously.
Savi's Workshop Saber
A Saber built by me from scratch, like a true Jedi.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 11:20:00 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you. Please DO take pictures. I won't lie, I'm a bit jealous. I want to be the guy with the cross guard. I'm thinking Renegade LE for me. Anyway, happy sabering.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

GuyWithTheCrossguard
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 12:59:58 AM »

Do it! I personally dislike the design of the Renegade. Way too bulky and massive, but the same could be said about other hilts in the US arsenal as well. For instance, the Flamberge itself is bigger than I expected. But I'm a big guy, and the design is sleeker regardless, so I saw it as a perfect fit for myself. Emitters on the Renegade are very... over the top. But if you find you don't end up liking it you can always head to TCSS or the parts page on US and buy some MHS parts more suited to your liking and swap 'em out. I'll have those pics posted in a couple minutes.

Good luck to ya. Very impressed by your collection.

Sabers:

Notable Non-US Sabers:
Disney Store Kylo Ren

Wish List:
Savi's Workshop Saber

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 01:53:41 AM »

Welcome to the best addicti....errr....hobby....in the world! Your wallet may be lighter but so will your heart!

Please do post pics? We have another forum member (Robyn) that recently received her Flam and has been posting pics, videos and a tutorial on how to cut the cross guard blades down to 4"      Yall should compare notes!

Welcome again!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

GuyWithTheCrossguard
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 03:05:28 AM »

I am working on posting pics, it's just the pictures show up massive when I try to import them because of the high resolution from phone cameras. Same deal with setting a profile picture. I can see why others might want to cut those down to 4 inches. If you're not a bigger guy like me where the blade length isn't all that proportionate to your body, those 6-inch blades could easily be cumbersome. I'm good with them though. I'm even considering upgrading to a 40-inch main blade! However, US should add a 4-inch blade option though for those who want shorter than 6. Perfectly reasonable. On top of that, they should also add the ability to order replacement side blades. I can't imagine anyone choosing the 8-inch side blades when ordering. That's just way too much. I mean, if you can't have all 3, I'd go with 4 and 6-inch options before 6 and 8 inches. 4 inches would look better with the shorter main blades, too.

Sabers:

Notable Non-US Sabers:
Disney Store Kylo Ren

Wish List:
Savi's Workshop Saber

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 02:20:08 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 09:37:48 AM »

Greetings, welcome to the forum and please make yourself at home.

As always, pictures and videos are well appreciated around here Wink

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, GWTC! Do post pictures of your Flamberge when you can

MANDALORIAN
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

#thisistheway

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 03:52:37 AM »

Greetings from Michigan. I'm happy to finally be able to join you all. I was drooling over an Ultrasaber for years and years because I could never afford it. That saber would be my Flamberge SE, as my username suggests. It wasn't until December 2019 for the TROS premiere that I finally bit the bullet and made my order. So much joy and satisfaction when I unboxed it and ignited it for the first time only a day before the premiere. It only has Obsidian V4 sound. No Emerald Driver or Diamond Controller, as that skyrocketed the price way beyond my intended budget. I also own a "reforged" Apprentice with Obsidian Lite, which was a gift per se from a friend. I say reforged because it wasn't in working condition when I got it. Needed some rewiring. It wasn't until I got the Flamberge that I felt I would have a place here on this forum. I will post a picture of both sabers on the respective topic. It was great meeting you all. May the force be with you.

Welcome and congratulations on getting a flamberge. I also will someday look into that type of hilt. If you ever invest in diamond controlled hilts, you will love it forever.

ULTRASABERS:

*CHOSEN ONE CE FOR THE WIFEY

*MENACE CE “ “

*INITIATE V4 “ “

*APPRENTICE V4 “ “

*GUARDIAN

*BATTLE SABER V3

*FLAMBERGE CE

*FRANKENSABER 2020 SCORPION/REAPER/DORINIAN/BROOD GUARD LE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: