Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Covertech wheel  (Read 1018 times)
Old Republic
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 23, 2020, 12:44:59 AM »

Has anyone out there ever installed a covertech wheel onto their own lightsaber, or did you have someone else do it for you?

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 01:02:48 PM »

As long as you have a drill it is a piece of cake.

Single taps are really cheap. Just go don't get in a hurry and you'll be fine. I've never done a saber but I've done a ton of drilling and tapping on guns. The soft aluminum on sabers should make it pretty straight forward.

Here's a tip too... if it is your first time, get a piece of thick wall pvc and practice to your heart's content until you build up your confidence. Once you feel comfortable with the process move on to your saber.

Lover of the light side

Old Republic
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 03:04:06 PM »

I really appreciate you taking the time to get me this info!!  I'll certainly practice on the PVC pipe first I have plenty of it laying around.  You wouldn't by any chance happen to know what the diameter of the screw is do you?

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 08:04:21 PM »

Take your time with it and it easy. I do it all the time. As well as adding LED retention screws and extra blade screws sometimes.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 03:12:40 PM »

I would also suggest opening the pommel and pulling the battery pack and any electronics out of the hilt when you drill the hole, just to be safe.  I came very close to drilling a hole in one of my batteries the first time I did it because I wasn't thinking about what was inside... 

But the process is easy and simple, you just need to go to Lowes or another hardware store and get an 8/32 drill and tap set for the screw hole.  And go slow.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: