Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Epiosde of Clone Wars Season 7 (Spoilers)  (Read 1547 times)
Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« on: February 23, 2020, 08:12:11 PM »

Ok so who watched this and what are your thoughts so far?
Animation looks spot on the same but felt a bit smoother/cleaner if that makes any sense. I will have to watch again but was a bit distracted when I started it up. I don't remember hearing the standard narrator discussing what happened last time we watched. Always kinda liked that bit.

I am kinda half and half on the bad batch. I like the concept and variety of the characters. Think they are a bit over the top right off the bat but I guess that's the point.
However if they have been operating for a while now I would have thought the enemy would have picked up on their unconventional fighting style by now. Maybe the missions were low profile?

I do enjoy that we are starting to see the path that develops Rex into the person he became during Rebels.

Overall I enjoyed the episode and looking forward to where this season goes.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 11:28:36 PM »

I thought it was a little luke warm.

Wasn't particularly bad, but wasn't particularly good.

Going in to it, and as long as they've had to make it right I feel like the episodes this season should be of particular quality. This felt like just a middle of the season run of the mill episode from season 3.

I still have high hopes that the season will build as The Mandalorian did.

Lover of the light side

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 01:34:43 AM »

I thought it was a little luke warm.

Wasn't particularly bad, but wasn't particularly good.

Going in to it, and as long as they've had to make it right I feel like the episodes this season should be of particular quality. This felt like just a middle of the season run of the mill episode from season 3.

I still have high hopes that the season will build as The Mandalorian did.

Well you got to remember these are episodes that were meant to be part of the original seasons and they just finished the animation.  So don't really expect different writing quality from what we were used to.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 10:17:55 PM »

The best thing about it was being able to return to TCW. Was not the greatest episode ever, but it certainly wasn't bad by any means. Though I will admit, I did watch the unfinished version on Starwars.com a while back.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 12:18:37 AM »

I liked it, but I'm easily entertained. 

I actually liked that it wasn't centered on any Jedi or primary character.  Sometimes you need to see how the other characters live.  It's like "Lower Decks" from ST:TNG.  I really liked that episode because it didn't focus on any of the primary characters, yet included them in an ancillary way.  I know this will be a mutli-episode arc and I'm sure the primary characters will be involved with this arc at some point.

By the way, let's not forget the intended audience of TCW.  It is still kids.  This is why there is still the "inspirational message"/"words of wisdom" at the beginning (which I have used with my middle school band kids in the past).  It is also why some of the characters are sometimes "over the top"; kids like over "over the top".  And, even though there were some dark elements to this episode (Rex's PTSD and the loss of a friend) kids are dealing with these things in their own families.  This is just a way to (subtly) reach them at their level. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: