Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Battery Replacement Question  (Read 1134 times)
Baby_Swiss
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: February 25, 2020, 05:14:04 PM »

So this seems like a really basic thing, but I was just going to replace the batteries in my saber (basic sound setup), and the batteries - four AAA, I believe - are taped up. I'm a bit nervous about replacing them now - can I just take the tape off and replace the batteries? What about the sound board, which seems to be taped to the batteries? Thanks for any help you can provide!

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 05:21:27 PM »

Are you sure it is tape? It should be a velcro strap. It helps to hold the batteries snugly and also to keep the assembly from rattling as much in the hilt. You should be able to unwrap and re-wrap it as needed to replace  batteries. If it is tape it is fulfilling the same function so try preserve it to reuse or have some ready to replace it.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 12:57:17 AM »

So this seems like a really basic thing, but I was just going to replace the batteries in my saber (basic sound setup), and the batteries - four AAA, I believe - are taped up. I'm a bit nervous about replacing them now - can I just take the tape off and replace the batteries? What about the sound board, which seems to be taped to the batteries? Thanks for any help you can provide!

My first saber was like this.  Yes, you can remove the tape (I suggest replacing it with a velcro strap like a cord wrap).  The soundboard should be attached to the battery holder with mounting tape.  It shouldn't come off when you remove the tape. 

I also recommend replacing the four AAA batteries with rechargeable ones like Eneloop Pros.  They may cost a bit upfront but it will save you money in the long run. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 09:21:20 PM »

I also recommend replacing the four AAA batteries with rechargeable ones like Eneloop Pros.  They may cost a bit upfront but it will save you money in the long run. 
Quoted for truth.  I just bought 20 with a charger and with how often we've recharged them, they've already been cheaper than buying 40+ non-rechargeable AAAs
And they've lasted longer per charge than the regular AAAs we were using just prior to getting the Eneloops

-

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: