Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Your online name  (Read 20543 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2020, 01:12:43 PM »

I think my forum name is pretty self explanatory but here is why I picked it:

“Courtesy of Wookieepedia”

Krayt dragon pearls were lustrous, colored stones found in the last chamber of the gizzard of krayt dragons. The stones were used to help crush food eaten by them, and over time, they became rounded because of how much they moved around. They could be found in colors such as blue, green, red, white and black. Due to a refractive quality peculiar to the pearl, they could be used in a lightsaber if properly cleaned, prepared and installed, though it was a difficult task. The pearls were seen as exceptionally valuable by the public (easily worth upwards of a hundred thousand credits each), as well as proof a person had killed a krayt dragon (to Tusken Raiders, a sign of bravery).

Point for the insightful history of Krayt dragon pearls and your namesake

DarthFurta
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2020, 04:04:23 PM »

Latin for theft

Your hopes. Your dreams. Your limbs.

On order:
Dark Sentinel V5 lite BR
Mantis CE BR

Owned:
Flamberge SE BR Stunt
Dominicide BR stunt
DarkInitiatev4 BR Stunt
PHANTOM INITIATE V2 BR Stunt
Dark Mantis BR premium obsidian

Dark Side Points Please

Arcinsaw
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

Gray Jedi (Dark/Light points accepted equally)

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2020, 10:02:12 PM »

Play on words:
Arc - arc welding
n - and
Saw - metal fabrication
Thus Arcinsaw (the i was added to improve flow)
I'm a certified welder/metal fabricator. Been using this moniker for 10+ years now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

This is the way.

Arcinsaw#5734 on Discord

Yes I know having Abeloth as my avatar makes the whole Gray Jedi thing weird

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2020, 01:05:56 AM »

Play on words:
Arc - arc welding
n - and
Saw - metal fabrication
Thus Arcinsaw (the i was added to improve flow)
I'm a certified welder/metal fabricator. Been using this moniker for 10+ years now.

I was thinking of the state with your name, haha. Point for creativity and orginality

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2020, 10:54:38 AM »

In the early to mid 90s I was into country clubs, and rodeos. Growing up in Houston we have one of the biggest rodeos. Anyway in 94 a movie came out about the true spy of a bull rider. Not the main bull rider but another one was named Tuff Hedman. He was my favorite in the movie. Don't remember when I first started using it but at some point I needed a name for an engaging or forum of some kind and I just put TX in front of Tuff because I'm a Texican. So tx_tuff became my internet name. Pretty lame story but live the name LOL.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2020, 10:57:21 AM »

There's nothing lame about that, Tx. I like how you took a character name you love and how you're proud of your heritage and we're you're from. You took everything and combined it to use as your web handle which is great since there's multiple meanings within your name. I like it! Annnnnnnnnnnd there's Texas in it! Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2020, 12:31:38 PM »

Latin for theft

Your hopes. Your dreams. Your limbs.
Darth isn't Latin. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthFurta
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2020, 04:14:39 PM »

Darth isn't Latin. Tongue

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

On order:
Dark Sentinel V5 lite BR
Mantis CE BR

Owned:
Flamberge SE BR Stunt
Dominicide BR stunt
DarkInitiatev4 BR Stunt
PHANTOM INITIATE V2 BR Stunt
Dark Mantis BR premium obsidian

Dark Side Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2020, 05:21:50 PM »

Well who else is going to do it?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2020, 09:17:49 PM »

Keep 'em coming, folks! I wanta hear how Cyclops got his, btw!

I’m a little late to the game here, but since you specifically asked...

I have been wearing glasses longer than most all but the very oldest few of the forum members have been out of diapers, so I got called “four-eyes” a lot (and I do mean a LOT) as a kid.  As a wee tyke, I got introduced to the original X-Men comics owned by my oldest brother, and I was fascinated by Cyclops, and, to a lesser degree, by Colossus.  My dad was on the road a lot for work, and we lived out in the country, on a dirt road, back in the days when gasoline was still less than $0.40 per gallon, you had to pay extra just to NOT be on a party line, and (more to the point) CB radio was beginning its upward swing in popularity.  Dad got a CB radio for each of our vehicles to keep us all apprised of where Smokey or a County Mountie was “taking pictures” on our “front door” so we had better “back it down” so that we could avoid “feeding the bears.”  I could go on, but you get the picture (or you don’t, and you probably don’t care).  Well, I just HAD to have my own CB handle, and what better one than Cyclops?  It referenced a cool comic book character who shot beams of force out of his eyes and was the leader of the group (which really appealed to me, since I was the YOUNGEST brother), plus it was a subtle “in your face” to all those jerks who looked at me and saw nothing more than my (very thick) glasses.

Fast-forward to the early 21st century, when a certain email provider began its beta program, and I needed an email alias.  Well, I was already using a variation of my actual name with both my ISP and another independent email service provider, as well as various work-related computer accounts, and I thought it was time to branch out a little bit in the labeling process, so I tried using Cyclops, only to find out that, alas, I had not been the first person to attempt to register with that moniker.  That led me to think of some number to append to the word, and because of some motivational tapes (yes, cassette tapes) I had been playing, I had the numbers nine-four-two in my head, so I figured that SURELY that number would not already be taken, and I was right.

Now that you’ve read this, are you sorry you asked?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2020, 09:22:58 PM »

Actually, my favorite has always been Rory!   :-)

I’ll give you that, because Rory always treated Miss Amelia-Bedelia far better than she treated him, but... really, now... you can NOT tell me that he would have looked better in that meter maid outfit she wore when we first met her.  (Okay, it’s technically possible, but I won’t believe you.)

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2020, 01:06:59 AM »

its been my online name for a very long time, some one called me a care bear and it was said i had a heart it ended up HesaHeart

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Malreyn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2020, 07:57:40 AM »

I’ve been using it for quite a bit of time, now. Ever since... Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also, certain... bullets.

Hrafna
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2020, 10:38:48 AM »

hrafna was the name i took for myself when i started learning medieval combat. stayed with me ever since and now i teach medieval combat.

DrVibble
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

All roads are long roads. So make your own destiny

« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2020, 10:28:37 AM »

I came up with the word "Vibble" as a nonsense word when I was quite young, and not long after that I made the fictional character of "Doctor Vibble", who created the bizarre, chaotic life forms known as Vibbles. To this day I have no idea what a Vibble is (though I have since found out it's also the name of a town in Sweden or some such), but even years later, the name stuck, and now I use DrVibble on pretty much all online platforms.

I've since incorporated "Doctor Vibble" as a character into a book I'm working on, so he lives on at last!

To walk the line between light and dark is not balance, but compromise.

To control the dark side is to be above its control over you, to be above anger, aggression, greed. To confront and master your fear.

True balance is found in virtue, belief, and control. With these, a Jedi can do anything.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: