Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Tossing.... Flipping?  (Read 5381 times)
Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 05:36:22 PM »

Infinit01 and Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
THANK YOU so much for posting the videos and photos!

Infinit01 - I’ve subscribed to your YouTube channel so I can watch your flow practices.

And Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen thanks for the photos. I’m going to go to the hardware store on Saturday and see if I can rig something suitable

You guys are awesome! I love how welcoming everyone is here xXx

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 05:58:05 PM »

I suppose I could practice on grass so it’s a slightly softer surface?
That is RULE #1 when I let others use my sabers.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 06:56:00 PM »

Infinit01 and Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
THANK YOU so much for posting the videos and photos!

Infinit01 - I’ve subscribed to your YouTube channel so I can watch your flow practices.

And Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen thanks for the photos. I’m going to go to the hardware store on Saturday and see if I can rig something suitable

You're welcome, Robyn. Always here to help! I had a hard time with some of the training and it was members in this forum that stepped in to help me out and I've always wanted to pay it forward.

Thank you, I've also subbed to your channel. Stay tuned, I have parts coming in to repair my sabers so I'll start recording again. I still spin daily even without recording Wink

You guys are awesome! I love how welcoming everyone is here xXx

Back at ya! I learned a few things about the Flamberge today which made me really like the saber so thank you as well!

If you have any questions on any moves, feel free to ask

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 09:21:06 PM »

You're welcome,
Yes this is a nice place to hang around with alot of nice people from all over the world.
Always glad to help.

And thanks for your enthousiasm it's contagious?/catching? (what's the word?)

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 12:17:24 PM »

You're welcome,
Yes this is a nice place to hang around with alot of nice people from all over the world.
Always glad to help.

And thanks for your enthousiasm it's contagious?/catching? (what's the word?)

I agree with Tai Chi, it's great to have more active members that are enthusiastic as we are.  It is quite contagious and just adds more fun into the community and forum

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 12:08:47 PM »

So I finally looked into this thread, and when the young one is down for a nap I will do a quick video of a couple tosses I like, as well as discuss an over the head horizontal toss that I didn't see covered, but yeah, looks like you have already gotten some great advice from 2 well-practiced sources.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 05:56:48 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqpeLWUWsiM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqpeLWUWsiM</a>

And apologies for the mess, today I'm organizing my book case for the first time in nearly 5 years

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2020, 07:51:41 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqpeLWUWsiM#
And apologies for the mess, today I'm organizing my book case for the first time in nearly 5 years

Thanks so much for this. I am planning to go to the park later today and start practicing (we have no grass/soft surfaces near where we live).

I’m very excited to try this out. You’ve  broken this down so well and made it look so simple... Thank you

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2020, 08:34:55 AM »

Thanks for sharing and the time you put into this Finlay!
You did a few interesting new tosses, thanks.
Of course points and goodluck with the bookcase.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2020, 01:26:45 PM »

Thanks so much for this. I am planning to go to the park later today and start practicing (we have no grass/soft surfaces near where we live).

I’m very excited to try this out. You’ve  broken this down so well and made it look so simple... Thank you
Thank you, and apologies for the ADDness at a couple points. It's a problem I have, and in the future a small list will help immensely at staying on point.
But yeah, Something to think about that helps me when figuring out what flourishes and moves look good, is that something doesn't have to be difficult to look good, just practiced.
(tangent)In fact, sometimes the flow artists out there spend too much time learning the difficult stuff, and then they execute it to an audience that doesn't even know what they saw, but then the next act comes up and a guy does a very simple toss and the crowd will lose its mind.
BTW - since I'm stuck mostly at home for the next few weeks, this Monday I'll do a video on maintaining seamless motion and utilizing turns and put it in the tutorials thread.  Might happen earlier than that, but I'm trying to plan my days out now so I don't want to murder my child by the end of this sequestering.

And thank you Tai.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2020, 01:45:01 PM »

Your welcome,
And just so you know, I'll be taking some of your moves to my practice-area the upcoming days.
Can relate to the child-thingie, we're on the verge of a closing of schools as well and I definatly will have to find a way to deal with the added stimuly caused by my daughter and son (who's hitting puberty  Undecided)

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: