Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade Options?  (Read 2137 times)
Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« on: January 24, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »

Hey guys,  I'm new to the (real) lightsaber scene.  After a while using the (horrible) wal-mart lightsabers, I'm finally gonna get something more real.  Anyways, I have a few questions regarding the blade types.

1) What is the difference between the mid grade and the heavy grade blades?  I'm assuming it's to do with the strength, but I'm not sure.

2) What exactly the UltraEdge option?  And if I got the heavy blade, should I get UltraEdge as well, since they're the same price?

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:20:30 PM »

The heavy grade blade is just a thicker blade used for dueling purposes. The Ultraedge blade is made of a white polycarbonate for a fuller brighter look. You'll have to look at some comparisons that people have posted on here to choose which you would like personally. Everyone has their own opinions. I wanted the Ultraedge for the more full looking blade but they didn't have them in stock when i ordered. I am going to order them soon though Smiley

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:52:42 PM »

It depends on the color. Be warned that Ultra Edge changes the color slightly. UE makes the blue a lighter blue that's closer to the blue in ROTS, where as in the standard blade it's a darker blu like in TPM/AOTC. With green UE makes a mintier color green and standard gives you more of a "movie green." I've also heard the orange looks better in standard as well. Regardless of color, the UE makes the blade look fuller. Some people don't like it but I prefer it.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 10:58:35 PM »

For the most part, the Ultraedge and regular grade blades will depend on what you like. The regular grade does have a burst effect and is a little brighter, but, the Ultraedge does have a constant even effect. I like the regular grade personally. The orange looks more of a yellow in it I think, but I think that is great. The bright colors will be bright, and the red will look a little different. Dueling wise, if you are going to be doing heavy dueling, get a heavy grade of either blade. If you are new to it, then just go with a regular grade blade. Keep in mind, the heavy grade is heavier *literally* so if you are not used to swinging a saber around, it may give you a work out. The length also varies on what you like as well, if the 36" blade is too much, just ask Ultra about it.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 12:52:21 AM »

Ok, thanks guys.  And I think I'll go with the heavy grade, since I'm used to heavy blades.  Comes from 8 years of karate and owning two 5' heavy swords.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 01:11:09 AM »

Very nice. Glad we could help. May your strikes be accurate with the power of a gundark, and may your blade leave nice welts of justice *or fury if your are sith*

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: