Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Colored Contacts  (Read 2498 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« on: March 06, 2020, 09:20:40 PM »

I searched for this and didn't find anything.  What is a good (and safe) source for colored contacts?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Biofreak659
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 05:51:58 AM »

I think your best bet would be an actual optometrist. They have natural lenses, so no bright red eyes, but they would be safest, plus they can accommodate prescriptions (to a degree, my opt didn't have lenses that would work for me). I bought circle lenses from... pinkyparadise, I think. They were fine (I still have both eyes and they work as well as they did before ;p) but it wasn't the best decision I've ever made. They were also kind of uncomfortable—they're deeper than normal contacts, and they rubbed funny against my eyelid callouses.

Cern
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 10:27:02 AM »

my dude i just googled "colored contact lenses" and found a bunch of stuff:

https://www.spookyeyes.com/colored-contact-lenses?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlL63hdSK6AIVioCfCh1veQ9-EAAYASAAEgJF0PD_BwE

https://wickedeyez.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlL63hdSK6AIVioCfCh1veQ9-EAMYASAAEgJUjvD_BwE

https://www.colouredcontacts.com/en/51-costume-contact-lenses?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvsur0dSK6AIVAp-fCh2BWAO6EAAYAiAAEgI0_PD_BwE

https://www.blackscleralens.com/

https://www.isfoy.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvsur0dSK6AIVAp-fCh2BWAO6EAAYBCAAEgKOcvD_BwE

https://www.uniqso.com/

https://eyecandys.com/collections/costume-contact-lenses

"Evil is never the opposite of good, but rather its destroyer."

4fngrz
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 11:30:31 AM »

So with non standard contact lenses, you have to be careful.

RULE #1
If they don't ask you for a prescription, go to a different company. This is for the safety and health of your eyes.

Some reputable ones, from personal experience with cosplay and from the experience of other cosplayers I've come across over the years, I'd recommend pinkyparadise.com or honeycolor.com. They have slightly different selections so if you don't find what you want on one, check the other.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 11:07:56 PM »

Yea... But the reason for asking here is to get the benefit of experience.  There are many cosplayers here and  I would much rather get their input based on personal experiences than just trying my luck on random google searches, risking my money and eye health.

RULE #1
If they don't ask you for a prescription, go to a different company. This is for the safety and health of your eyes.

Some reputable ones, from personal experience with cosplay and from the experience of other cosplayers I've come across over the years, I'd recommend pinkyparadise.com or honeycolor.com. They have slightly different selections so if you don't find what you want on one, check the other.

I think your best bet would be an actual optometrist. They have natural lenses, so no bright red eyes, but they would be safest, plus they can accommodate prescriptions (to a degree, my opt didn't have lenses that would work for me). I bought circle lenses from... pinkyparadise, I think. They were fine (I still have both eyes and they work as well as they did before ;p) but it wasn't the best decision I've ever made. They were also kind of uncomfortable—they're deeper than normal contacts, and they rubbed funny against my eyelid callouses.

I do not wear glasses or contacts and indeed it has been a decade or more since I've been to an optometrist.  So no prescription to give.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 12:58:30 AM »

Yea... But the reason for asking here is to get the benefit of experience.  There are many cosplayers here and  I would much rather get their input based on personal experiences than just trying my luck on random google searches, risking my money and eye health.

I do not wear glasses or contacts and indeed it has been a decade or more since I've been to an optometrist.  So no prescription to give.

In the U.S., by law, you have to give a prescription to get contacts, even cosmetic ones. The "prescription" for contact lenses is more than just what corrective power, if any, you need. It also includes a measurement of the curvature of your eye, as well as the diameter the contact lenses should be. Both of those are necessary to make sure the contacts sit flush across the surface of eye without any bulges in the middle or the edges pulling up. So even if it says Plano for the prescription (no corrective power), it's still going to include those other measurements that you need in order to have the contacts fit correctly and comfortably. Like 4fngrz said, if wherever you're getting them from doesn't ask for one, don't buy from them.

And you should really see an optometrist at least every other year anyway, as an eye exam does more than just check your vision. Things like Hypertension, High Blood Pressure, and Diabetes can be detected early during an eye exam. So if you don't want to risk your eye health, or health in general really, I recommend getting an eye exam. In addition, most eye doctors that do contact lens exams also sell contacts and will usually have a selection of different cosmetic ones you can get, and probably be able to point you in the right direction for where you can find an even larger selection.  (Can you tell I've been in the optical industry for 27 years?)

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 02:21:51 AM »

1-800-Contacts sells colored ones. From reputable brands, like Acuvue etc.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 10:39:44 AM »

In the U.S., by law, you have to give a prescription to get contacts, even cosmetic ones. The "prescription" for contact lenses is more than just what corrective power, if any, you need. It also includes a measurement of the curvature of your eye, as well as the diameter the contact lenses should be. Both of those are necessary to make sure the contacts sit flush across the surface of eye without any bulges in the middle or the edges pulling up. So even if it says Plano for the prescription (no corrective power), it's still going to include those other measurements that you need in order to have the contacts fit correctly and comfortably. Like 4fngrz said, if wherever you're getting them from doesn't ask for one, don't buy from them.

And you should really see an optometrist at least every other year anyway, as an eye exam does more than just check your vision. Things like Hypertension, High Blood Pressure, and Diabetes can be detected early during an eye exam. So if you don't want to risk your eye health, or health in general really, I recommend getting an eye exam. In addition, most eye doctors that do contact lens exams also sell contacts and will usually have a selection of different cosmetic ones you can get, and probably be able to point you in the right direction for where you can find an even larger selection.  (Can you tell I've been in the optical industry for 27 years?)

Well..that decides that then.   No colored contacts for me then.  Thanks for the answer.

Darth_Malignan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

Dark Side -- Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 01:51:22 PM »

Well..that decides that then.   No colored contacts for me then.  Thanks for the answer.

I wear prescription contacts and got non-prescript colored contacts from an online store - no issue with them for 4 years.  Don't bother my eyes, are the same quality as what I wear daily, etc.  I would say, if you want to get some, just do some due diligence in purchasing from a legit business, otherwise you risk your eye health.

Darth_Malignan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

Dark Side -- Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 01:53:27 PM »

RULE #1

I use Honeycolor.com - absolutely fantastic.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: