Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help a bro out  (Read 5130 times)
Drongo_Bones
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 06, 2020, 09:31:53 PM »

US deliver my sabers finally. And my dark grafflex came with a broken battery pack. The top of the pack is broken completely and the saber will ignite. But as soon as it makes contact with something it shuts off and makes the sound of when you put the battery pack in initially. I emailed US and called them. No response from either. Is there anything else I can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 11:24:44 PM »

Yes, that's what I thought was wrong from your other thread. Wrap it in electrical tape lengthwise and that will hold the batteries in place. As I said, I recommend doing it with the batteries out so you can make it slightly more snug.

Also, be patient, I guarantee that someone at US will get back to you. If you haven't already, you can email Marlena directly at Marlena@ultrasabers.com with "Order #######, Broken Battery Pack!!! Help!!!" in the subject line. That will at least get their attention, though I cannot promise a faster response.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Drongo_Bones
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 12:12:33 AM »

Yes, that's what I thought was wrong from your other thread. Wrap it in electrical tape lengthwise and that will hold the batteries in place. As I said, I recommend doing it with the batteries out so you can make it slightly more snug.

Also, be patient, I guarantee that someone at US will get back to you. If you haven't already, you can email Marlena directly at Marlena@ultrasabers.com with "Order #######, Broken Battery Pack!!! Help!!!" in the subject line. That will at least get their attention, though I cannot promise a faster response.
Thank you!

Drongo_Bones
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 12:23:48 AM »

Thank you!

I can’t do it lengthwise unfortunately. I tried. But realized I’m messing with the speaker when I do it

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 07:33:23 AM »

I had the same issue with a batterypack wthoud sound, this was my sollotion:

And this threat gives a bit more information and possibilities. Maybe it'll work woth speaker-packs as well.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=42985.0

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

MANDALORIAN
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

#thisistheway

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 12:13:03 AM »

US deliver my sabers finally. And my dark grafflex came with a broken battery pack. The top of the pack is broken completely and the saber will ignite. But as soon as it makes contact with something it shuts off and makes the sound of when you put the battery pack in initially. I emailed US and called them. No response from either. Is there anything else I can do?

As for trying to contact ultrasabers, the best way is to use the messenger on their Facebook page, good luck man, and yes, Velcro is the best thing since sliced Jedi

ULTRASABERS:

*CHOSEN ONE CE FOR THE WIFEY

*MENACE CE “ “

*INITIATE V4 “ “

*APPRENTICE V4 “ “

*GUARDIAN

*BATTLE SABER V3

*FLAMBERGE CE

*FRANKENSABER 2020 SCORPION/REAPER/DORINIAN/BROOD GUARD LE

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 09:18:24 PM »

You should be able to partially wrap the end with the broken part, even if you cannot go all the way around the battery pack due to the speaker.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 01:30:28 AM »

If it's any consolation once they see your initial issue email the comms back and forth are quick. It took Marlena almost a week to initially respond but since then she has been of the utmost help. She gave me both a monetary refund and fixed the issue.

Lover of the light side

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 11:45:06 AM »

Unfortunately, the battery holders for the AAAs are quite brittle. From someone who spins sabers and drops, smacks, and throw them across the room, the battery holders can only withstand so much trauma (just a few drops or smacks), before shattering.  I typically use velcro and electrical tape to hold them all into place until I have to change batteries again but eventually, I'll remove the tape and the battery holder will fall to pieces. It's the downfall of the standard AAA setup.  I'm going to try foam to insulate it next

GeneralMalice-
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 83

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 05:43:12 PM »

Unfortunately, the battery holders for the AAAs are quite brittle. From someone who spins sabers and drops, smacks, and throw them across the room, the battery holders can only withstand so much trauma (just a few drops or smacks), before shattering.  I typically use velcro and electrical tape to hold them all into place until I have to change batteries again but eventually, I'll remove the tape and the battery holder will fall to pieces. It's the downfall of the standard AAA setup.  I'm going to try foam to insulate it next
\

Im glad this wasnt just me. I have to replace the battery holder on my Dark Initiate v4 as i drop it a lot spinning. I want to resolve my current issue before i start that one up TBH.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 08:52:22 PM »

I typically wrap my battery packs like so

Took a strip off to showcase the electrical tape around the batteries and the pack

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 08:02:06 AM »

Thanks, that added vertical strip of velcro might be something I'll change to.

And liked the new fact your pictures taught me: "The inside of a LE hilt is gold as well."

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2020, 10:49:08 AM »

Im glad this wasnt just me. I have to replace the battery holder on my Dark Initiate v4 as i drop it a lot spinning. I want to resolve my current issue before i start that one up TBH.

You're definitely not alone in that regard, GM. I've broken a lot of stunt sabers but have also repaired them with something much sturdier.

Thanks, that added vertical strip of velcro might be something I'll change to.

And liked the new fact your pictures taught me: "The inside of a LE hilt is gold as well."

Anodizing metal is an interesting process, it's especially interesting with aluminum. With that said, I love that the inside of the LE is all gold. I love gold... Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: