Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Brainstorm: How to hide the blade, when hilt is on belt  (Read 1207 times)
janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« on: March 07, 2020, 12:57:45 PM »

Have you ever dressed up as a jedi, hung your hilt on your belt and wish you could have the blade hidden on your costume so you can bring it out later?

I have.

For my steampunk jedi costume (more akin to a steampunk gentleman with light jedi touches), I made add-ons to the blade that turned it into a walking stick (no it did not light up.  Top question I get).  That way, the blade is on my person and I could remove the bits from the walking stick and setup my saber for saberizing.

My wife is putting together her jedi costume (traditional style), and has the idea of a carrying tube slung across her back.  Imagine a PVC pipe with end caps and a strap.  Paint or wrap it and strap it. So kind of like Rey carrying her staff strapped to her back.  Put a ring of felt around the inside ends and pad the bottom with cotton.  Should keep it from scratching/wrattling. And yes, get a PVC pipe with a larger diameter than 1" blade (ex. 1.25")

An idea I had last night borrows from the Mandalorian.  Do the basic PVC pipe idea, but disguise that as a rifle. Carry the rifle slung over a shoulder. The wife didn't like that idea for her character.

Making a staff out of the PVC pipe is an idea, but triggers my Costuming Red Flag which is anything your character has to carry in hand is a pain in the arse by the end of the day. I guess it worked for Rey, but Hollywood could make that look easy

How else could the blade be carried in a hidden way on the costume?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 06:54:19 PM »

I have seen more than a few people sew a "pocket" into their robe that the slip the blade into when not in use.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 03:29:32 PM »

I have seen more than a few people sew a "pocket" into their robe that the slip the blade into when not in use.

Finally, somebody replied! Smiley

I've seen word of that, but not any pics.  Also, no robes yet.  The wife just finished acquiring the majority of her costume (Jedi Closet and my workshop).  Not sure if she'll do a robe over it.  Just watched Revenge of the Sith and they are constantly disrobing Smiley

What do you think of the ideas I came up with?  Any SW device ideas for disguising the blade tube? I'm just not steeped in SW lore enough to think of more plausible carry-on gadgets.

I do suspect I'll build the sniper rifle for my Sith character idea.  Taking out enemies at a distance seems like a good evil idea.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 05:55:05 PM »

If a robe works as a hiding place, maybe use the back of a tabbart and sew a pocket in one of the seems, so it rests gently across your back.]
Easy way would be to let your partner take it in and out. Or put the tabbart on and off if you need it.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: