Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Baffled Emerald Newbie  (Read 5299 times)
Ardath
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 08, 2020, 05:29:51 AM »

Hi All.  Please forgive my ignorance, but I am confused, and can't find a solution to my problem.  I love my new saber, but I wanted to try to change the blade color.  I followed the directions, can change colors in the software, but the "test pulse" buttons stay grayed out and won't work.  If I unplug the saber after the changes it won't turn on, but if I hook it up and choose "reset" it goes back to the way I ordered it, no problems.

Why can't I change colors?  What am I doing wrong???

Here's what the software says when I hook it up (no mention or Emerald -- is that normal?)

Welcome to Ultrasabers Launcher v2.45
The Launcher is your tool for full customization of the sound and light effects of your saber. To begin, please power on your board and then connect it to the USB port of your computer.
Connected Obsidian Sound Board v4, Serial Number 17070269, Firmware version 410
Getting device information.
Device information read successful!

This is the info about the Emerald Saber I ordered:

[Choose Your Configuration: Emerald Driver with Sound]
[Choose the color of your blade!: Arctic Blue for Emerald]
[Emerald Driver Configuration: 4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBW LED]
[Flash on Clash: Flash Silver for Emerald]
[Pulse Mode: Pulse Off]

Thank you all for your patience and assistance.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 07:44:55 AM »

You have an emerald saber with sound. The port nearest the speaker is for the obsidian sound board. The second port, closest to the led, is for the emerald driver. Plug into the second port then you should be able to adjust the colors of the led.

I hope that helps.

Ardath
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 04:23:49 PM »

Ah. Yes, that does help!  I only pulled the assembly out as far as the port, not wanting to break any wires.  It (foolishly) never occurred to me that there would be two ports. Tongue  Thank you for your assistance!

SeanceBunny
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 03:40:37 AM »

I know this thread is a year old but I'm having issues changing the colour in the saber my partner has let me use. I know its an Emerald board would be v4 (I think this is relevant). However in the launcher it has things like "Write to board, test pulse" etc greyed out. I can load and save the file but not write to the board so its staying green. He has told me in the past he has changed the colour but its been a long time since he has done it. I also looked at the port on the chip and I only have the one (pulled it all the way out carefully). The port is closest to the sound. I hope I can figure this out because I'm keen to have a purple saber to practice with. Any help is appreciated !

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 02:00:12 AM »

I know this thread is a year old but I'm having issues changing the colour in the saber my partner has let me use. I know its an Emerald board would be v4 (I think this is relevant). However in the launcher it has things like "Write to board, test pulse" etc greyed out. I can load and save the file but not write to the board so its staying green. He has told me in the past he has changed the colour but its been a long time since he has done it. I also looked at the port on the chip and I only have the one (pulled it all the way out carefully). The port is closest to the sound. I hope I can figure this out because I'm keen to have a purple saber to practice with. Any help is appreciated !

You must select the check box for either Pulse or Flash on Clash.

SeanceBunny
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 07:38:34 AM »

You must select the check box for either Pulse or Flash on Clash.

It's still greyed out Sad I'm completely lost on what I'm doing wrong.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 08:31:27 PM »

The port normally is on the other side and closer to the hilt when the pack is pulled out until you see the black electrical tape.
Be sure to check that position as well.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: