Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Review of an old saber, the Aggressor  (Read 4011 times)
Rurounotaku
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 11

« on: December 28, 2011, 10:11:59 PM »

I know it's not sold anymore and that the review is long overdue, but it is an Ultrasaber and thought some people here might like to see an old saber reviewed. It's my first US saber, which I bought several years ago and fell in love with. There’s something very unique about it that’ll be mentioned below. Unlike most of the sabers back then, this is one of the first ones that were metal and wasn't silver/white/black color. I was looking for one that stands out color-wise. After much research, I decided not to get a MR saber and opted for a US due to finding out that MR sabers’ lights decline gradually. Lo and behold, I purchased the Aggressor. 

Hilt: The hilt alone measures to be 12.25” long from the pommel to the tip of the emitter and weighs 15 oz. I think it’s made of copper, but I’m not sure. I bought it mainly because of its copper color. I love the weight of it, feeling solid in my hand, and yet light enough for spinning. For comparison, my basic Aeon weighs at 12 oz.

One of the options available for this saber was to have it polished for an extra $5. I opted for it and was ultra-pleased with the results. Unexpectedly in a good way (see pictures), the hilt came seemingly weathered. I don’t know if it was intentional or not, but I love the way it looks on the hilt (no matter what, I really want to thank whoever at Ultrasaber that did this). You could even see a distinct fingerprint made on it. It’s as if a Jedi swung it a bit too hard with the Force applied. This is the feature I deemed unique.

LED: When I ordered the saber, I forgot to specify the color and also forgot to email US about the color that I wanted, GB. To my surprise, it was Sunrider’s Destiny! It looks great and I couldn’t believe that I was given one of the newer colors. Another big appreciation to all at US for making my 1st saber all the more memorable!

Sound: No such option was available for it.
Blade: I ordered it with midgrade Ultraedge, wanting it to be brighter, and was glad about my choice. Recently, I got another saber that came with a midgrade blade, which I put on the Aggressor. To me, they seemed to be equally bright. I really like the way SRD shines truer on the midgrade than pastel-like on the Ultraedge. After being used to SRD pastel for several years, I don’t know which blade I like best now on the saber. Either way, I’m all for SRD.

Conclusion: 10/10, everything is perfect about this saber for me. I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome on my 1st saber. Now that I got a Shock LE, I realized the Aggressor is perfect for a KOTOR-era Jedi.

The hilt-I added silver aluminum tape to it for accent.

Close-up of the angled emitter, which is another reason I love this model.

Images of the “weathering” on the hilt, including a fingerprint

The pommel cap with the battery peeking out of the hilt

The Aggressor with MG blade

The Aggressor with UE blade

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »

Nice hilt! The weathering gives it a unique look and personality. The copper (?) looks great with SRD. I wish they still made copper hilts....

no

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 02:29:48 AM »

I wish I was into this hobby when they still made these too.   They are actually copper, here is a video of Emory showing you how to maintain one. 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn4FwUbhHFI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn4FwUbhHFI</a>
     I would just let it oxidize for the weathered look. 

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 02:43:56 AM »

I used to have a trombone with copper accents that had no finish on it. I'd shine it before concerts and the thing would shine like an angel gave it to me. The Aggressor is a cool saber, but I'd toss a leather grip on it (then again, I'd toss a leather grip on almost anything).

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 03:00:06 AM »

I LOVE THIS HILT!!!! It's at the top of my wishlist. Thank you for the review. Point.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 04:07:49 AM »

Nice old saber. Glaf you like it. Maybe they will bring this one and the other copper saber back but for sound options. That'd be cool.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 04:14:14 PM »

This was another one of the saber's I wish I could've gotten before they were discontinued, just like the Curved Dark Apprentice.

I love the copper it makes it look like a dessert saber for sure.

Of course..........it will have to be SY. Grin

Point for you, always a pleasure to see the oldeies.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 08:40:42 PM »

SY would look boss in a copper hilt.... a copper SI, maybe limited edition or something, would be great.

no

Rurounotaku
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 03:46:39 AM »

Same here, I'd like to see a few of the vintage ones back too. I really loved twin curved ones like Asajj Ventress'. Wonder how awesome the blue or red Liberator looks with their respective blade color?

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 04:48:04 AM »

Red in the red would be too.... red. It would look beast in VA. Blue would look good with AB, maybe CG.

no

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 07:54:42 AM »

I used to have a trombone with copper accents that had no finish on it. I'd shine it before concerts and the thing would shine like an angel gave it to me. The Aggressor is a cool saber, but I'd toss a leather grip on it (then again, I'd toss a leather grip on almost anything).

I do the same thing and M.J. hates it.

She likes simple sabers, if I got this and put a wrap on it, she'd probably hit me. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 10:52:22 PM »

[

AH HA YOU  ARE A DORKS FOR PLAYING THE BONER........mine was silver plated Cheesy.   I am also a fan of the leather wrap. (or the cheaper tennis wraps)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:57:01 PM by Duff Man » Logged

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 07:30:20 AM »

I've got a matched set of Agressors, in guardian blue. I wrapped the hilts in brown faux-ostrich leather from Tandy, and they look sweet!
I took them to NYC with me on my first visit, and I recall my friend and I playing around on the terrace of my hotel with them, to the amusement of some Lower Manhattan residents living across the street. They're a lovely set of sabers for spinning, with a really nice weight. With 30" blades, they balance extremely well.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »

I've got a matched set of Agressors, in guardian blue. I wrapped the hilts in brown faux-ostrich leather from Tandy, and they look sweet!
I took them to NYC with me on my first visit, and I recall my friend and I playing around on the terrace of my hotel with them, to the amusement of some Lower Manhattan residents living across the street. They're a lovely set of sabers for spinning, with a really nice weight. With 30" blades, they balance extremely well.

That sounds like a rather good show!  Ultrasabers always do make for some solid entertainment, whether or not you're actually the one using them.

Speaking of old US hilts, my friend just found his GB Rifter.  Lightsaber dueling at my college may ensue Wink

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 05:28:02 PM »

[
AH HA YOU  ARE A DORKS FOR PLAYING THE BONER........mine was silver plated Cheesy.   I am also a fan of the leather wrap. (or the cheaper tennis wraps)

Figures... another trombone player. Best thing about it was the fact that if you took the outer part of the slide off you had an AMAZING weapon to shoot spitballs or even small bits of ice at the cheerleaders with when you're stuck in the stands at another bad football game.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: