Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lothcat Prop  (Read 4490 times)
Biofreak659
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« on: March 12, 2020, 12:27:20 AM »

I was browsing the internet the other day and stumbled across the stuffed toy lothcats they sell in Galaxy's Edge, and uh...

I don't want to be mean to the toy designers at Disney, but these look awful. Also, they're like 70$ on ebay. No Thanks.

They have cuter ones over in Europe, but those are equally inaccessible.

Anywho, I decided to put my rudimentary sewing skills to the test and make one. I'm inspired by the animatronic lothcat they have in the store where you can buy stuffed animals:

which is apparently animatronic.

I bought a FurReal friends cat. I figure lothcats look enough like real cats that I could just swap the fabric and alter the head and feet a little. It needs C or D batteries, which I don't have on hand, so I'm not sure how the animatronics work (or if they work).

I want to use this faux fur, which I thought I bought at Hobby Lobby but turns out I got at JoAnns (probably).

I'll either find more or paint/dye some white fabric.

Here's the toy without fur, if you like horrorshow stuff

My plans are to get batteries and fabric, and to figure out how to widen the mouth (styrene sheets cut to shape?), and make the head rounder (pos pull out the animatronics for the ears and extend them)

Thanks for reading!

Biofreak659
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 07:31:12 PM »

Small update. My sewing machine was in repairs for the last month or so, but it's finally back (in time for lockdown, hurrah!).

I painted the eyes black, added some plastic around the mouth so the head will be the correct shape, and added larger foam ears. I also began cutting fabric.

Ah, and I was correct the first time, the faux fur was from hobby lobby.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 05:33:56 PM »

Love projects like this, eagerly waiting to see how it turns out! And without its fur that thing is the stuff of nightmares for sure.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Biofreak659
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 09:05:16 PM »

Love projects like this, eagerly waiting to see how it turns out! And without its fur that thing is the stuff of nightmares for sure.

Thank you! And yes, I kept in a box before I finally got around to sticking fur on it, so it wouldn't haunt me or something.

Slow progress:

I removed the arms and legs, so its currently in the fuzzy worm stage of its construction. I attempted to add texture to the arms and legs with foammo, but that was a failure, and ill just use fabric instead.

The face needs a few stitches to keep everything in place, and then it needs a haircut. After that, it'll be done (and I can do the next one lol). I just have to stop distracting myself with other sewing and lightsaber projects.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 12:15:53 AM »

That looks amazing! It's really nice, and certainly more adorable than anything from Galaxy's Edge.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: